Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK-AKL moves to 77W from 01 Sep 17

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Thomas Eriksen
You are right that they are selling the business class seats as Premium Economy in some markets. But to be honest the price of the seats are so high that they might as well be sold as Business class. I tried to do a search from ZRH-BKK and CPH-BKK out June 8 and back June 22 the business class ticket was 2500€ from ZRH and 2950€ from CPH even though the flights last just about the same time. The PE seat was 2235€ from CPH so when you add less service cheaper food i guess that thai takes home just about as much from a PE flight from Copenhagen as a business Class ticket from Zurich.

But if you are using miles it is a great deal. I just upgraded a K class ticket to PE CPH-BKK for 25.000 miles. No other Premium Economy product offer this value. But if i were to buy the ticket directly i would rather take a stopover with finnair in business for only 2 extra hours and 100€ less than Thai PE.
my answer was just addressed to concerns, whether they would take the 77W first away from Zurich if they do not have enough planes...
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
But if you are using miles it is a great deal. I just upgraded a K class ticket to PE CPH-BKK for 25.000 miles. No other Premium Economy product offer this value.
Wow. I assume this is with TG ROP? (rather than other *A FFP where I doubt you are able to book TG Prem. Eco).
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Wow. I assume this is with TG ROP? (rather than other *A FFP where I doubt you are able to book TG Prem. Eco).
yes, under TG's ROP scheme:

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ro..._onTHAI2.page?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
my answer was just addressed to concerns, whether they would take the 77W first away from Zurich if they do not have enough planes...
Yes i know. But as the PE is more or less priced as a Business Class ticket anyway it will probably be up to several factors who should loose their planes.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Yes i credit all my Star alliance miles to ROP so thats what i used. I dont fly intercontinental very frequently but when i do it is usually with Thai to Bangkok and onwards. So for me its mainly about keeping my silver status so i can get the extra 10 kg baggage. But once in a while i do get enough miles for a upgrade and in that case its great value.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes i know. But as the PE is more or less priced as a Business Class ticket anyway it will probably be up to several factors who should loose their planes.
In the case of the recent change BKK-DME, there is no business class offered - just Y and the 'old' 777-200 biz seats sold as PE - at a reasonable THB 50,000 return. This is different to the case for the Scandinavian market where the same hard product (seat) is sold into 2 classes with differing soft product.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:12 am

I'm looking at redeeming a AKL-BKK-CPH in J. I understand from this thread that AKL-BKK should have lie flat seats, but what about BKK-CPH? Dummy bookings show 77W so I guess it should be the same, but I figured I'd check. Thank you!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I'm looking at redeeming a AKL-BKK-CPH in J. I understand from this thread that AKL-BKK should have lie flat seats, but what about BKK-CPH? Dummy bookings show 77W so I guess it should be the same, but I figured I'd check. Thank you!
First, the 77W with lie flats seats AKL-BKK is only loaded from 1 Sep until mid Nov at this stage. After mid-Nov it looks like a return to the angled-flat seats of the 777-200ER. There may be a permanent change, but this is not showing as yet.

BKK-CPH routinely is in the 77W with lie flat seats.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:16 am

Thank you, hopefully the 77W to AKL will stabilise.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:44 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
First, the 77W with lie flats seats AKL-BKK is only loaded from 1 Sep until mid Nov at this stage. After mid-Nov it looks like a return to the angled-flat seats of the 777-200ER. There may be a permanent change, but this is not showing as yet.

BKK-CPH routinely is in the 77W with lie flat seats.
Hopefully by then some of the 777-200ER's will have been upgraded to full flat seat.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by spk
Hopefully by then some of the 777-200ER's will have been upgraded to full flat seat.
no schedule available?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Miles&More, FlyingBlue
I'm planning a trip MXP-BKK-AKL for almost all of november, and what's making me hesitate is the BKK-AKL leg (there are other options available on other carriers but TG's the cheapest). The first leg is on the new a350 theoretically.

Do you think it's worth the risk? Because as long as it's cheap, I don't really have the feeling I'm paying for business for a 11h trip...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mvdl
I'm planning a trip MXP-BKK-AKL for almost all of november, and what's making me hesitate is the BKK-AKL leg (there are other options available on other carriers but TG's the cheapest). The first leg is on the new a350 theoretically.

Do you think it's worth the risk? Because as long as it's cheap, I don't really have the feeling I'm paying for business for a 11h trip...
most of November is still loaded with the "777-200/300" which means it's old aircraft and old angle-flat J seats.

if your mind is set on fully-flat J seats, I wouldn't risk it but if you don't mind the angle-flat, just go for it especially because it has cheap fares.

by all means, you may strike lucky and get the 77W...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: Miles&More, FlyingBlue
most of November is still loaded with the "777-200/300" which means it's old aircraft and old angle-flat J seats.

if your mind is set on fully-flat J seats, I wouldn't risk it but if you don't mind the angle-flat, just go for it especially because it has cheap fares.

by all means, you may strike lucky and get the 77W...
Yes indeed are those seats as bad as they sound or OK? Because well... the problem would only be for the BKK-AKL leg since it's a night flight.

I'm trying to find reviews online but since this plane is used for "shorter" routes, it's dificult to assess
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by mvdl
Yes indeed are those seats as bad as they sound or OK? Because well... the problem would only be for the BKK-AKL leg since it's a night flight.

I'm trying to find reviews online but since this plane is used for "shorter" routes, it's dificult to assess
well look at the seats
http://www.airreview.com/Thai/340-seat-C.jpg
http://fatboo.com/wp-content/uploads...iness-4532.jpg
between 163-170 degree decline
were ok for long haul 10+ years ago but not anymore!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.