Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Online Seat Reservations via Manage Booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Online Seat Reservations via Manage Booking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:13 pm

Just wanted to post my experience successfully selecting seats on Thai Air with a United Award.I logged onto the Thai Air website and went to 1)manage trip, to 2)services, to3)additional services,to 4) select seat.After selecting my seat I did get an error message,however the seat selection "took",and still shows up on both Thai and United websites 3 days later.I hope this is helpful to others.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by samee
Just wanted to post my experience successfully selecting seats on Thai Air with a United Award.I logged onto the Thai Air website and went to 1)manage trip, to 2)services, to3)additional services,to 4) select seat.After selecting my seat I did get an error message,however the seat selection "took",and still shows up on both Thai and United websites 3 days later.I hope this is helpful to others.
I had the same experience on TG website (with a UA award ticket).
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: MileagePlus - Gold
Strange. I have been trying for the past week and while I can select seats on the TG website (UA award ticket) my changes don't stick and don't propagate to the UA website. It has been more than 3 days. Is it possible to call in and get a change on a UA award?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by willryu
Strange. I have been trying for the past week and while I can select seats on the TG website (UA award ticket) my changes don't stick and don't propagate to the UA website. It has been more than 3 days. Is it possible to call in and get a change on a UA award?
I assume you making the seat selections on the THAI website using TG’s PNR? If so, after making the changes see if they have ‘stuck’ by using CheckMyTrip.com.

Alternatively, PM your flights and allocations to me and I (or someone) can see on ExpertFlyer if the selections are showing.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: qantas frequent flyer platinum
When I looed at my booking online yesterday there is a note under additional services which previously wasn’t there. It states that if you have a booking which isn’t made directly with Thai then seat allocation is unavailable and you must contact whoever you booked your flight through for allocation... e.g United if it’s an award ticket.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:42 pm

In the past, I didn’t have any problem to set seats via TG website for an UA award ticket. After a while it even propagates to UA website.
If you want to feel on the safe side then start a dummy TG reservation to see if your preferred seats have been taken (by you).

Last edited by flyerby; Jul 14, 2018 at 4:49 am
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by BrisFFlyer

When I looed at my booking online yesterday there is a note under additional services which previously wasn’t there. It states that if you have a booking which isn’t made directly with Thai then seat allocation is unavailable and you must contact whoever you booked your flight through for allocation... e.g United if it’s an award ticket.
There is a trick to it.
use the Thai airways app or mobile site.
the seat selection will stick despite any error messages you get.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite

There is a trick to it.
Half a year ago I used to setup seats on TG website (for TG flight on a UA award ticket) but I guess it has changed since then.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I assume you making the seat selections on the THAI website using TG’s PNR? If so, after making the changes see if they have ‘stuck’ by using CheckMyTrip.com. <snip>
That's correct. In the past, when booking a United Award, you can see the THAI PNR on United site. I would then go the thaiairways.com and retrieve my award booking using the THAI PNR.

Years ago, it would go through with no error. Maybe in the last year I would sometimes see an error, but it would go through and the seat change would be indicated on the United site under my primary award reservation.

But this time I get the error and the seat change does not go through. I posted my experience because in previous posts people seem to be able to complete the seat selection, albeit with a few days delay. I'm not seeing anything.

However at this point, the seats I wanted are no longer available. My current seats are not too bad, so I will just hope that next I will be able to select seats again.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:27 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
I made a reservation early June BKK-NRT-JFK (TG-NH) via LifeMiles and obtained seat assignments on the TG web site at that time. Just now, I wanted to verify that the seats were still confirmed -- and they were -- but with the following notice about access "temporarily" being unavailable:

Hmm, just noticed that the notice says that viewing pre-selected seating is also unavailable, but I can still see the seats I had reserved (on both TG and NH.) I guess they mean viewing the pre-selected seats on a seat chart?

Last edited by wpcoe; Jul 14, 2018 at 9:32 pm Reason: add comment about viewing pre-selected seats
Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:50 am

A real bummer
I wish it’s only temporary.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite

There is a trick to it.
Thank you very much, Tokyoite. This trick worked for me like a charm!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by 1984SW
I made a reservation early June BKK-NRT-JFK (TG-NH) via LifeMiles and obtained seat assignments on the TG web site at that time. Just now, I wanted to verify that the seats were still confirmed -- and they were -- but with the following notice about access "temporarily" being unavailable:

Hmm, just noticed that the notice says that viewing pre-selected seating is also unavailable, but I can still see the seats I had reserved (on both TG and NH.) I guess they mean viewing the pre-selected seats on a seat chart?
There is a trick to it.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:25 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by flyerby
If you want to feel on the safe side then start a dummy TG reservation to see if your preferred seats have been taken (by you).
I don't bother with a dummy booking, I just use Seat Alerts (iOS App on my iPhone, not sure where else it's available). My most recent MP Award ticket on Thai had an automatic seat allocation with the booking. As it was not my preferred seat I emailed [email protected] with the booking details and got it changed within a few hours (after checking on Seat Alerts that my preference was available)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by 1984SW
<snip>

This notice is no longer posted (at least for me). Also, I successfully changed seat assignment on an award ticket. After clicking through and submitting, I got the usual "Your request cannot be completed by the application..." warning, but the seat changes went through anyway.
flyerby likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.