Duty Free alcohol

Old Jun 8, 18, 8:20 am

Programs: A3 Gold, KF Classic, Accor Plus Platinum, HHonors Diamond, M&C Loyalty Gold
Originally Posted by Luv2holiday View Post
We recently flew Thai airways from France to Australia with alcohol purchased at airport duty free in France and it was confiscated in Bangkok before boarding to Australia. We had a 2 hour stopover and it was in a sealed bag. So upsetting. Then to top it off, they lost our luggage!!!
Do not blame THAI, BLAME the one who sold you the liquor. Either the seller are to be blame for not knowing AUSTRALIA rules, or the buyer are to be blame for not informing the seller his/her the final destination is AUSTRALIA
flyvirgin likes this.
Old Jun 28, 18, 4:53 am

Upcoming TG international to TG domestic connection - ICN-BKK-USM . If I am reading these posts correctly , I should be ok buying a bottle at ICN and transferring to domestic at BKK as long as the bottle is clearly marked as duty free and remains fully sealed. Am I correct ? Thanks for any advice .
Old Jun 28, 18, 5:07 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Mister Nice View Post
Upcoming TG international to TG domestic connection - ICN-BKK-USM . If I am reading these posts correctly , I should be ok buying a bottle at ICN and transferring to domestic at BKK as long as the bottle is clearly marked as duty free and remains fully sealed. Am I correct ? Thanks for any advice .
correct!
ICN has a very good duty free with very reasonable pricing in opposite to BKK
Old Jun 28, 18, 8:11 am

Programs: A3 Gold, KF Classic, Accor Plus Platinum, HHonors Diamond, M&C Loyalty Gold
Originally Posted by Mister Nice View Post
you are correct
Old Sep 3, 19, 8:07 pm

Hi! I am having the same concern. I am going to have connecting flights from Denmark - Bangkok - Vietnam by Thai airways. I want to buy 2 bottles of liquor in Denmark, get them sealed and bring them as carry-on stuffs to Vietnam. But I am so afraid that it might be confiscated. I will cost lots of money. Can anyone inform me as it is safe in my case?
Old Sep 10, 19, 4:37 am

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Pi Lavigne View Post
Hi! I am having the same concern. I am going to have connecting flights from Denmark - Bangkok - Vietnam by Thai airways. I want to buy 2 bottles of liquor in Denmark, get them sealed and bring them as carry-on stuffs to Vietnam. But I am so afraid that it might be confiscated. I will cost lots of money. Can anyone inform me as it is safe in my case?
Welcome to FT !

Nothing to worry about, as long as the items are properly sealed in Duty free bags & the receipt is displayed.
Old Sep 14, 19, 1:36 am
formerly known as seanthepilot

Location: Don Muang, Thailand: AirAsia_Plat, UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_hater measly gold 4 life
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
Welcome to FT !

Nothing to worry about, as long as the items are properly sealed in Duty free bags & the receipt is displayed.
... and the flight is less than 24 hours from the alcohol purchase.

They will check the receipt. If more 24 hours, it will be confiscated or youíll have to check it. (In Thailand)
Old Sep 14, 19, 1:44 pm

Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by 2lovelife View Post
... and the flight is less than 24 hours from the alcohol purchase.

They will check the receipt. If more 24 hours, it will be confiscated or youíll have to check it. (In Thailand)
Sure , I was responding to the OPís situation in the original post

Search this Thread