FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   BKK to HND and NRT flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1779767-bkk-hnd-nrt-flights.html)

wtcmor Jul 21, 2016 7:22 am

BKK to HND and NRT flights

HI would appreciate some advice from the experienced TG flyers out there. From memory, TG changes the aircraft type on their Japan flights quite a bit.

I want to book an award seat either BKK to Haneda Thai 660 depart 1pm or BKK to Narita Thai 676 depart at 7.35. I am looking at First Class for these flights and Haneda is my preference and I will be travelling in June next year

My questions are:

1. How long has the Haneda flight been operating? Is it a 'stable flight' or a flight that often gets discontinued on a seasonal basis.

2. Would either of these flights be more likely to have F class removed because of an aircraft swap ( I am not talking about on the day swaps, more seasonal ones eg TG sometimes removes F on Frankfurt flights in summer I think)

Any thoughts or insights appreciated. I need to try and get this right as it is a Lifemiles award and as I will be connecting onto JFK on ANA. Lifemiles might cancel my whole booking if they downgrade the first F segment

Thank you

Kacee Jul 21, 2016 8:21 am

Originally Posted by wtcmor (Post 26947424)
From memory, TG changes the aircraft type on their Japan flights quite a bit.

I don't think that's really true. The 744 to HND and the 380 to NRT are two of TG's more stable flights.

WestCoastFlyer88 Jul 21, 2016 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 26947709)
I don't think that's really true. The 744 to HND and the 380 to NRT are two of TG's more stable flights.

Hoping so, I am on TG 676 in F in December!

cyborg Jul 21, 2016 2:28 pm

deleted

5khours Jul 21, 2016 4:19 pm

I fly 660 once or twice a month. Have had no issues with swapping to non-F equipment. The only question is whether you get the old F interior of the new F interior.

BinSabai Jul 21, 2016 8:20 pm

those are prime routes for TG and they can also sell reasonable numbers of F seats, so I think they will keep A380 and 747 for one of the daily flights
Osaka is more volatile as they loose A380 from September

scrappydog Aug 20, 2016 6:53 am

quick question i have used miles for class C
BKK-HND TG 682 it says 773 but when i go to website of thai airways to check out the seat configuration, it says it is 777-300er and its new aircraft?

anyone know about it? i just want to ensure its not the old angle-recline seats

*got my answer, yes it is new aircraft which has flat bed. so happy about it! means i can sleep comfy on this red eye flight

BinSabai Aug 20, 2016 7:26 am

was earlier this year on TG682 and it was a 777-300ER
currently it is a 744 (both daily flights to Haneda are currently 744, just flew HND BKK on the red eyes this week)

scrappydog Aug 20, 2016 6:26 pm

thanks binsabai. not familiar with 744 but is it a lie flat on business? was wondering if they do change aircraft often? thanks

BinSabai Aug 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by scrappydog (Post 27094740)
thanks binsabai. not familiar with 744 but is it a lie flat on business? was wondering if they do change aircraft often? thanks

no, 744 have angle flat seats in business, but provides the opportunity to upgrade to F