Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting from KQ to TG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
Connecting from KQ to TG

I will fly from TNR - BKK - HKG. I have the option of flying KQ for the entire itinerary or I can connect from KQ to TG. The BKK - HKG flights are on a B747 and I'd like to fly on the Queen of the Skies again. I'd book everything on one ticket and the option with KQ and TG is only marginally more expensive.

I've never connected in BKK (have been to the airport thought) and I'm wondering if it's wise to take KQ to avoid the need for deplaning, having my luggage transfered in BKK and if one flight is delayed (either KQ or TG) I could have problems. With KQ the flight to HKG makes a technical stop at BKK, so I'd just stay onboard while ground crew service the flight.

If I connect I'd have 1.15 hours and 2.10 hours between flights (the times vary for my outbound and inbound flight). Any advice on whether these connection times are long enough? Can I check my bag all the way through (I really don't know if KQ and TG have an interline agreement). I know BKK is huge and I'm assuming that TG and KQ flights will operate from different areas of the airport and there will be a long walk to/from the gates.

Any advice from FTers who fly TG a lot and are familiar with BKK will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:20 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
TG and KQ have an interline agreement, so you can check luggage through
http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/Ter...e_partner.page
BKK is simple to transit, you just have to go through transit security at either A/B/C/D or D/E/F/G junction (if you have no boarding pass yet for next flight, you have to check where transit counters are; TG is at A/B/C/D counter; do not know about KQ
2.1 hours is plenty of time. 1.15 hours is ok if first flight is not delayed and not during peak hours (early morning and from 2100)
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:29 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I would opt for the 2.10 connection. Transfer counters are located after security, so have a printout of the itinerary just in case you are not issued a connecting B/Pass. You would have to show a proof of onward travel to be able to clear security.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
2 hours is plenty of time if KQ is on time. I've had a few hours delay from them before...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.