THAI: News

Old Jul 20, 2021, 1:57 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai

I missed to take a video clip and probably never will have a chance anymore...
So sad that this chance is likely gone My last 747 F flight was to HKG on TG - while not the full long-haul F experience, it was still worth the 2x price tag of what C was selling at.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
So sad that this chance is likely gone My last 747 F flight was to HKG on TG - while not the full long-haul F experience, it was still worth the 2x price tag of what C was selling at.
If you have the miles/points, you can still get that experience on LH F on the 747-8. Their F is a wonderful flight. We had to pass up a LH F trip a little over a month ago (JNB-FRA-ORD). Their lounges for non-Schengen were not open and IMO a big part of the true F experience in the lounge. Like you, I am wondering if it was my last chance.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by cheltzel
If you have the miles/points, you can still get that experience on LH F on the 747-8. Their F is a wonderful flight. We had to pass up a LH F trip a little over a month ago (JNB-FRA-ORD). Their lounges for non-Schengen were not open and IMO a big part of the true F experience in the lounge. Like you, I am wondering if it was my last chance.
The LH 747-8 are not likely to leave the fleet anytime soon. So as long as you start hoarding the points, it will be possible again.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I have been upgraded several times on this route to F; never had a F ticket, just biz
once met a friend by coincidence in the HKG lounge. He had a F ticket and asked the lounge dragon, whether they could upgrade me to F. the lounge dragon answered that this guy is already upgraded for quite some time...
we had quite some drinks in the old seating, where there were two seats in the middle...
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 1:29 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI), recently said that in response to the current demands for air travel on both domestic and international routes, THAI has arranged and adjusted its flight schedules as per the latest COVID-19 control measures during August – October 2021

https://nationthailand.com/news/40004922

For intercontinental scheduled flights to and from BKK, only LHR, FRA, CPH and SYD are planned, with additional rotations via HKT in support of the sandbox including CDG and ZRH as well. There are also eight regional destinations lined up.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 2:42 pm

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI), recently said that in response to the current demands for air travel on both domestic and international routes, THAI has arranged and adjusted its flight schedules as per the latest COVID-19 control measures during August – October 2021

https://nationthailand.com/news/40004922

For intercontinental scheduled flights to and from BKK, only LHR, FRA, CPH and SYD are planned, with additional rotations via HKT in support of the sandbox including CDG and ZRH as well. There are also eight regional destinations lined up.
from Europe to the Sandbox TG is pretty much the only choice if you want to avoid the middle eastern airlines and to transit through the nanny-airport Changi
Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:36 pm

from Europe to the Sandbox TG is pretty much the only choice if you want to avoid the middle eastern airlines and to transit through the nanny-airport Changi
Oh you mean you do not like being shouted at to line up single-file and march on command at Changi?

I would take QR over TG still though, to be honest - but then again, I am more of a OW person than *A these days
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:20 am

Oh you mean you do not like being shouted at to line up single-file and march on command at Changi?
indeed!
Changi is a totally overrated airport
most stubborn and unfriendly ground staff in the world
have experienced several security checks on arrival, where they confiscated water bottles!!!
security checks at the gate with long queues sucks
long queues at immigration and long taxi queues
taxi scams with the chrysler and benz...
Old Aug 20, 2021, 5:02 am

indeed!
Changi is a totally overrated airport
most stubborn and unfriendly ground staff in the world
have experienced several security checks on arrival, where they confiscated water bottles!!!
security checks at the gate with long queues sucks
long queues at immigration and long taxi queues
taxi scams with the chrysler and benz...
Oh but you forget it is consistently ranked the best airport in the World
I agree with you, and add to this the lounge options are rather poor, no priority immigration, etc.
GalaxyChris and BinSabai like this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:31 am

Oh but you forget it is consistently ranked the best airport in the World
I agree with you, and add to this the lounge options are rather poor, no priority immigration, etc.
unless you fly SQ F....
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 10:15 pm

interesting article....
Thaksin linked to THAI's losses (bangkokpost.com)
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:03 pm

Saw that this morning too - I would not be surprised, but wondering why they are only getting to that now. I mean, this farce happened many years ago..
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:30 pm

Saw that this morning too - I would not be surprised, but wondering why they are only getting to that now. I mean, this farce happened many years ago..
the news coincide with the 15 years anniversary of the coup...Mr. T is now 15 years abroad...
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:07 pm

the news coincide with the 15 years anniversary of the coup...Mr. T is now 15 years abroad...
Good point - How time flies!
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:45 pm

Cash-strapped Thai Airways International (THAI) is putting three aircraft along with a flight simulator up for sale, as a part of its financial rehabilitation plan and the ongoing push to modernise its ageing fleet, a source in the company said.According to the source, the ailing carrier has listed three of its Airbus A330-300s -- aged 12.2, 12.5 and 12.6 years, respectively, for sale -- along with a flight simulator for the aircraft model.
The title of the article is very misleading though as it implies they are actually being sold, whereas they in reality are just put up for sale alongside the 30+ other planes that nobody will ever buy.. https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...ls-more-planes

One interesting thing is that they claim to be able to actually sell the 10 747s if the Transport Ministry approves. My guess would be that these would likely be converted to freighters if sold, given the demand for cargo capacity..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.