FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   First Class Rimowa Kits? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1725862-first-class-rimowa-kits.html)

siam4us Oct 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Thank you. I will definitely enjoy the new crystal glassware filled with Dom. Fabulouso and I am very very pleased that it is still RIMOWA. Luv it.

Magnus Oct 15, 2016 7:08 am

Available colors on my trips FRA-BKK-SYD-BKK in the last 2 weeks

[IMG]https://s16.postimg.cc/tdyw7sutx/P1070483.jpgprint screen windows[/IMG]

BinSabai Oct 15, 2016 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Magnus (Post 27349208)
Available colors on my trips FRA-BKK-SYD-BKK in the last 2 weeks

two different colors is a great choice! often only one available

Tokyoite Oct 20, 2016 7:46 pm

HND-BKK-SYD-BKK-HND - (Pink & Black), Blue, Dark blue, Brown

siam4us Oct 22, 2016 11:59 pm

I heard about the turquoise blue but I haven't had one yet. I hope there will be some on one of my flights. Magnus, the far right, is that matt black?

Thaikwai Oct 29, 2016 2:41 am

Rimowa...and Pyjamas on Eva Business

1 Attachment(s)
I got a very nice Eva Green one on the BKK-LHR flight earlier this week. Very nice Business Class product from Eva, far superior to Thai's, and PJ's in Business also. I rarely fly to London, usually preferring the Paris route. Thai were asking for THB153,000 for Business (and I would have used a PUP to upgrade to F), but Eva was offering Business for only THB105,000 so I thought I would pocket the THB50,000 and try Eva......Thai had better be looking over their shoulder. Great lounge in BKK also, with great food.

BinSabai Oct 29, 2016 2:51 am

so what is superior on Eva's long haul J product in addition to the amenity kit (I have been at the BKK lounge and it is better then J lounge of TG but not as good as TG's F lounge)?

Thaikwai Oct 29, 2016 8:24 am

They give out pyjamas, and the dinner service is much nicer. Large plates, and glasses, similar to TG F (but not the large, long stemmed wine glasses. Food was excellent, but TG J food is probably as good (haven't flown TG J long haul for some time. Seating is reverse herringbone on the 777 which I thought was nice. I had a window seat, facing out the window.

I agree that TG F lounge is much nicer. But, Eva provide all of this for THB50,000 less than Thai.....that's the biggest difference!!!!

As I said in the OP I normally fly in F by buying a J ticket and upgrading, but if I was a regular J long haul flyer then the Eva service/price proposition would be hard to ignore.

siam4us Oct 29, 2016 1:55 pm

What about the picture of the contents in the amenity kit from Eva? for my curiosity. Cheers.

BinSabai Oct 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Thaikwai (Post 27408621)
They give out pyjamas, and the dinner service is much nicer. Large plates, and glasses, similar to TG F (but not the large, long stemmed wine glasses. Food was excellent, but TG J food is probably as good (haven't flown TG J long haul for some time. Seating is reverse herringbone on the 777 which I thought was nice. I had a window seat, facing out the window.

I agree that TG F lounge is much nicer. But, Eva provide all of this for THB50,000 less than Thai.....that's the biggest difference!!!!

As I said in the OP I normally fly in F by buying a J ticket and upgrading, but if I was a regular J long haul flyer then the Eva service/price proposition would be hard to ignore.

thanks Thaikwai for the details! yes the 50k THB are quite significant and the pricing for TG J long haul is a big concern.
food service (and glassware) on TG J long haul has improved as well, no PJ though
to where in Europe are they flying from BKK or TPE?

Thaikwai Oct 30, 2016 3:13 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 27410535)
thanks Thaikwai for the details! yes the 50k THB are quite significant and the pricing for TG J long haul is a big concern.
food service (and glassware) on TG J long haul has improved as well, no PJ though
to where in Europe are they flying from BKK or TPE?

Hi BinSabai, in addition to flying to LHR from BKK I believe they fly to Amsterdam, but not 100% sure of that, don't think they fly to Paris.

Thaikwai Oct 30, 2016 3:22 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by siam4us (Post 27409596)
What about the picture of the contents in the amenity kit from Eva? for my curiosity. Cheers.

Hi Siam4us,

Photo attached of contents. Nicely colour coded and branded and the anti static cloth is a nice touch. However, the Thai contents are better with the nice L'Occitane cologne and body lotion, but you would expect it to be better as its a First Class amenity kit.

siam4us Oct 30, 2016 3:44 am

Ah! Harnn is a Thai brand.
Yeah! the contents of Thai 1st class rimowa are more superior which it should be as it is 1st class. Thank you for the pic.

siam4us Nov 19, 2016 2:53 am

I just flew SYD-BKK-FRA yesterday, still Rimowa case but contents are no longer L'occitane. It is something I never ever heard of. I don't like the contents.

kinchai Nov 25, 2016 10:32 am

Originally Posted by siam4us (Post 27500679)
I just flew SYD-BKK-FRA yesterday, still Rimowa case but contents are no longer L'occitane. It is something I never ever heard of. I don't like the contents.

Um... I like the Rimowa case a lot (just the look, completely unpractical to use compared to other kits) and I haven't got the full collection yet, unlike some of us on here.

I hope things don't change till I jump on my next F flight in 20 days time. Content wise I quite like the old Hermes and Bvlgari. I went on and bought myself a Hermes Orange.