FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   Flight TG 475 - BKK to SYD question? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1725277-flight-tg-475-bkk-syd-question.html)

alrvd83 Nov 17, 2015 7:34 pm

Flight TG 475 - BKK to SYD question?

Hello,
I will be booking this flight soon starting in Singapore and flying to Sydney via Bangkok.

TG 414 and TG 475. It is for August next year the Unit mileage redemption is quite nice for first class.

Does anyone know if the 747 on TG 475 has the new Royal First Class or is it still the old version?

I saw a video online showing a pull down projection screen lol

Thanks,
Albert

BinSabai Nov 17, 2015 8:19 pm

pull down screen in F is a thing of the past!
more chance to get 747 with suites as not all 747 with single seats in service anymore. on this route anyway

alrvd83 Nov 17, 2015 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 25731671)
pull down screen in F is a thing of the past!
more chance to get 747 with suites as not all 747 with single seats in service anymore. on this route anyway

Ok good to near. I read this recent review and saw that they got a 747 without the suite on this same route :eek:

http://milesdownunder.com/2015/07/re...kok-to-sydney/

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Nov 21, 2015 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by alrvd83 (Post 25732289)
Ok good to near. I read this recent review and saw that they got a 747 without the suite on this same route :eek:

http://milesdownunder.com/2015/07/re...kok-to-sydney/

There are two versions of the 747, one with 9F ('suites') and 10F, which has no suites, but is still perfectly good with an open, spacious and light cabin.

Avoid the middle seats on the 10F version as you could be sitting next to someone with limited privacy. All the window seats are just fine.

The video projector screen is only used for the safety demo. The older 10F configuration also has individual video screen for use by passengers in-flight.

I have never noticed the 'incline' stated in the report for the older F seats when converted to a bed. I appreciate the picture they took shows the bed being far from flat, but that's not my experience. They have always been fully flat when I've taken them.

ashap Nov 22, 2015 4:41 pm

I'm flying this route in December and really hope it's a 9F "suites" configuration! Is there any way to tell in advance? Expertflyer shows 9 seats on the seat map, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Nov 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by ashap (Post 25756618)
I'm flying this route in December and really hope it's a 9F "suites" configuration! Is there any way to tell in advance? Expertflyer shows 9 seats on the seat map, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

As discussed above, probably a good chance it will be 9F, but TG are well known for substitutions. The only 'guarantee' will be as you enter the aircraft.

Importantly, don't place too much weight on your enjoyment being dependent on the new vs old. They're both perfectly acceptable!

BinSabai Nov 23, 2015 1:19 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 25756651)
As discussed above, probably a good chance it will be 9F, but TG are well known for substitutions. The only 'guarantee' will be as you enter the aircraft.

Importantly, don't place too much weight on your enjoyment being dependent on the new vs old. They're both perfectly acceptable!

"as you enter the aircraft" is probably a bit a too dramatic description. for SYD BKK you can of course check which aircraft left BKK a couple of hours ago. Also 24 hours ago you could check on iCheck-in and that one is pretty accurate. The story with the last minute aircraft swap is a bit a urban myth. most aircraft swaps are visible within 24 hours before the flight

but I agree with the statement regarding enjoyment of 9F/10F; on a day flight, I actually prefer 10F if I have a window seat

DH188 Nov 23, 2015 2:26 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 25758081)
"as you enter the aircraft" is probably a bit a too dramatic description. for SYD BKK you can of course check which aircraft left BKK a couple of hours ago. Also 24 hours ago you could check on iCheck-in and that one is pretty accurate. The story with the last minute aircraft swap is a bit a urban myth. most aircraft swaps are visible within 24 hours before the flight

I've also found the 'Flight Info' function to be quite reliable prior to 24 hours.
Shows this, among other things: F9C40Y325

cricketer Nov 23, 2015 1:41 pm

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tg475 is your friend. All 9F the last 7 days, and it generally is. SYD and MUC seem to be the reliable 9F destinations currently.

kiwiflyer83 Nov 26, 2015 11:04 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 25756651)

I agree. TG is known for substitution, hence the the colloquial "TG'd" have been coined. So I hope you won't be TG'd!

Dolphinyong Apr 4, 2016 1:11 am

Questions on First class

Hi guys, I have some questions regarding this route:

1. Anybody got TGed recently?
2. Is the TGed version definitely a flatbed?
3. Expertflyer is showing one of 3F being blocked, anybody has any idea what would be the best way to get this seat as I'm traveling with my wife?

Thanks a lot.

Thai-Kiwi Apr 4, 2016 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong (Post 26432759)
Hi guys, I have some questions regarding this route:

1. Anybody got TGed recently?
2. Is the TGed version definitely a flatbed?
3. Expertflyer is showing one of 3F being blocked, anybody has any idea what would be the best way to get this seat as I'm traveling with my wife?

Thanks a lot.

3. It looks as if 3F and 3K are routinely blocked by the system. They did this to a pair of seats on the 777 ICN-BKK-AKL and return in J, opening them up only during OLCI. I think I was once gven that explanation by F cabin crew on the A340 when flying F BKK-AKL that they did this to preserve the 'less favourable' sets to stack newspapers, or something similar that struck me as a bit oddball...

Suggest you either call THAI and ask if the seat can be made available (I'd call the Bangkok office). Otherwise, check regularly if it is available until OLCI.

BinSabai Apr 4, 2016 1:34 am

ALL 747 F have full flat seat; usually the suite version is on this route
ask your local TG office or email them to unblock 3F