Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Gold Track - hopefully in BKK one day ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2015, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ

"With Star Alliance new Gold Track priority lanes you can now move through security more smoothly.
Available across selected airports and soon to be launched at airports across our network, you can now spend less time queuing and more time shopping, eating or relaxing in one of our lounges.
Gold Track is available for all Star Alliance Gold Status holders whether you fly business or economy - or for passengers flying with one of our member airlines with a first class or business class ticket."

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...s/gold-track/#

16 countries' airports already listed. When can we expect this in BKK I wonder ?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: BRK-B
Yes, I really wishing for that, even in Singapore too, where they treated *Gold like s**t.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Very few *Gold fast tracks in Asia. Many airports do not even have fast track for J passengers...
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
i don't think TG will invest in fast track facilities for TG Gold or Star Gold.

i don't think AOT PCL (airports of thailand company, its the company running BKK) would allow Star Alliance to invest in a Star Alliance Gold Track at any of their airports.

I don't think Staralliance or TG would want to pay related fees for the fast track channels available at BKK, just to make such Star Gold fast track possible. some Star Aliance Airlines offer fast track vouchers for Star Gold Members flying economy class, if not flying on TG ex BKK.

anyone at BKK who wants fast track can buy biz or first tickets, or if economy travel, just purchase fast track vouchers at various companies offering this.

TG offers for economy group departure: the royal exclusive lounge including fast track next to the J/F checkin areas. its available at a fee for the travelling group on TG, requires prebooking.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by boogey
some Star Aliance Airlines offer fast track vouchers for Star Gold Members flying economy class, if not flying on TG ex BKK.
wonder who? have flown LH, LX, OS and OZ out of BKK and none of those offer this, just for J and F

TG offers for economy group departure: the royal exclusive lounge including fast track next to the J/F checkin areas. its available at a fee for the travelling group on TG, requires prebooking.
this is actually a nuisance and a huge devaluation of the exclusive check in and fast track facility of TG. Who wants to pay F or J and then queue behind a horde of noisy and slow (as they have no clue how to prepare for security check) economy class passenger on a group tour. Same for the hordes of TIP's that use fast track on a economy class ticket.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by BinSabai
wonder who? have flown LH, LX, OS and OZ out of BKK and none of those offer this, just for J and F
hi, i have received those from LH and OS ever before. this information might be well aged. TK didnt ever give. others dunno.

Originally Posted by BinSabai
this is actually a nuisance and a huge devaluation of the exclusive check in and fast track facility of TG. Who wants to pay F or J and then queue behind a horde of noisy and slow (as they have no clue how to prepare for security check) economy class passenger on a group tour. Same for the hordes of TIP's that use fast track on a economy class ticket.
to help your nuisance: i tried to book this exclusive lounge for my economy travel group in March next year. rest assured, its near to impossible getting a booking confirmation just a verbal commitment a'la "we will take care of it" type of thing. nothing to hold onto though...
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:25 pm

i don't think TG will invest in fast track facilities for TG Gold or Star Gold.

i don't think AOT PCL (airports of thailand company, its the company running BKK) would allow Star Alliance to invest in a Star Alliance Gold Track at any of their airports.

I don't think Staralliance or TG would want to pay related fees for the fast track channels available at BKK, just to make such Star Gold fast track possible. some Star Aliance Airlines offer fast track vouchers for Star Gold Members flying economy class, if not flying on TG ex BKK.

anyone at BKK who wants fast track can buy biz or first tickets, or if economy travel, just purchase fast track vouchers at various companies offering this.

Just to add one more:

I don't think TG cares enough about *G members to go to the trouble. Most *G members are not on large, cheap package tours, which appears to be where TG are putting their effort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.