Old Feb 16, 15, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA and AS
Advice with TG F>C swaps on MP Award

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 18 at 11:39 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Feb 16, 15, 4:28 pm

Programs: QF Gold
4 hours is fine for the connection between HND-NRT, especially if it is all on the one ticket. Well below MCT. Just jump on the limo bus, easy.
Old Feb 16, 15, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
It's 6-7 months away, a lot can happen this. Now is not the time to book TG intra-Asia with certainty me thinks.

If you have the time for a day lay over & are only worried about being in F ex BKK why not look into BKK-KIX on the A380 and then take the shinkasen to TYO?
Old Feb 17, 15, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Any planing on TG aircraft or timing 7 months ahead is highly uncertain, especially with the planned restructuring.

NH operates 787s between BKK/SIN and NRT and they have no F even from SIN. Only UA and SQ have F from SIN. AFIK many NH 787 have old reclining (cradle) seats in J.
Old Feb 17, 15, 4:25 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by brunos View Post
Any planing on TG aircraft or timing 7 months ahead is highly uncertain, especially with the planned restructuring.

NH operates 787s between BKK/SIN and NRT and they have no F even from SIN. Only UA and SQ have F from SIN. AFIK many NH 787 have old reclining (cradle) seats in J.
Yes but NH will start rolling out F SIN-NRT within a month ^
Old Feb 17, 15, 4:43 am

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
Just as a data-point for you, I've successfully got F-lounge access in BKK authorised by TG in an invol. downgrade situation (in my case it was BKK-HKG in F, coming in off an LX F flight) on an award. Some years ago (it was my last BD redemption as I recall) but after an initial bit of sniping from the call-centre (they just ignored what I said and assumed I wanted some form of DG compensation, when I finally got them listening and they realised all I wanted was lounge access they became very helpful very quickly) they put notes in the PNR confirming I had been subject to downgrade and should still be granted F lounge access.

I know the HND//NRT connection is within the MCT, but I must admit it wouldn't be my idea of a fun way to spend 4 hours between flights... especially if you are connecting onto an NH F service.

Of course, given TG's previous form on late aircraft substitutions, I'd expect you will see F disappear and reappear more than once on your flight between now and departure.....

Ken.

Willard the Bear - Having a famous Bear with you always helps for lounge access too!
Old Feb 17, 15, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Indeed, NH802 will be a 77W with F. But it departs at 5:50am and arrives 2pm, meaning that you have to spend the night in SIN from HKT. Then you could immediately connect to UA at 3:55 or spend a night in NRT.
NH846 offers a good connection to NH2 but does not have F. On EF it shows with the flat beds config in September.
Old Feb 17, 15, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 18 at 11:38 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Feb 17, 15, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I wonder how liberal TG will be with doling out FCL access to people not ticketed into the cabin. I could see as a ROP elite they could show some generosity but you're not flying in F. The aircraft has changed and you're flying in J. If something in policy changed to say April 1st no FCL access on award tickets and you had been booked before that and are still sitting in F.
Old Feb 18, 15, 6:27 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
I saw myself in very similar situation recently. I'll be in Kyoto in mid-April flying to HKG and I wanted to fly some in intra-Asia F and try more of TG ground experience (in fact, in 2013, I flew TG 380 HKG BKK in F, but connecting to Bangkok Airways to REP, meaning no FCL access, and TG C BKK FRA, obviously no FCL again).

I was more than happy with a Lifemiles ticket on 747s TG F HND BKK HKG. I know it would be such a detour but who would complain? All of a sudden, TG changed the aircraft of HND BKK and and I was on C. If you add that to the change of 747 of BKK HKG to the old version of 10F and the connecting time of 55 minutes in BKK, it all became non-sense.

I was fortunate enough to find availability then in the "new" NRT SIN in F with NH and in Suites on SQ 380 in the following morning SIN HKG.

In end, I gave up on TG because I'm worried that they change even the 747 on BKK HKG route. I loved TG and their services but there are to much of instability from them to rely on anything. I'll get my Rimowa from Ana and that's ok to me!
Old Feb 18, 15, 2:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Gold, Accor Diamond
I'm in a similar predicament on an aeroplan ticket whereby my HND-BKK was downgraded to business and unfortunately there is no other availability in F currently. Since the flights are still fairly far out (July), I think I'm just going to hold out as there always seems to be a fair bit of relatively last minute availability on TG in F
Old Feb 18, 15, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 18 at 11:37 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Feb 19, 15, 2:59 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
JVPhoto, Ok you scared me away from the plan, thanks! I've rebooked through SIN for the NH F flight to NRT. Now I must find out the best place to stay in SIN for a 12 hour layover that is close to the street food :-) probably another forum, eh? so not to distress the mods.... ;-)

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Just to let you know, there is an ongoing topic in SG forum about that. Anyway, there is a small hotel inside SIN terminal called The Heaven. You pay it for hours used and it seems to be quite decent.

Good luck!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: