Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The cutbacks are starting to bite........

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
What training? They have 2 sets, one when operations and profits are a booming, the other when military junta is in charge and profits are a plummeting.
Please tell me this isn't a serious belief.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
Are the Rimowa kits still being given out in F?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by MilesBuzz
Are the Rimowa kits still being given out in F?
Flew SYD-BKK 2 weeks ago and Rimowa was offered on my flight.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nov11
Flew SYD-BKK 2 weeks ago and Rimowa was offered on my flight.
Was it the real deal or a knock off?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Was it the real deal or a knock off?
another serious contribution of you!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:30 am

Flew KIX-BKK a few days ago. Rimowa, pajamas and plenty of Dom.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
another serious contribution of you!
It may not be a serious contribution but it is a legitimate one.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by true1976
I flew TG971 last week from Zurich to Bangkok.

Full flight, business class was busy. During meal time, I asked to get some more champagne, and the flight attendant that I asked was actually the in-flight manager. He served what was obviously the last drops of a bottle that was opened a long time ago, flat, warm, disgusting. I asked if he could open another bottle (and did it with a smile).

He was quite rude and said: "Do you really want me to open another champagne bottle just for you?"

I was so taken aback that I had nothing to say. He did come a few minutes later with a glass and said he had to get from the other business section.

Not sure if this is a cutback, but on a 10 hour flight and seeing the cost of the seat, I was expecting a quick glass of champagne with a smile.

Also, why can't they keep it in ice?

GJ
Definitely a contrast to the former TG of several years ago. I was in F on the short hop from HKG-BKK and asked for a glass of champagne with only two other passengers in the cabin. The purser came to me and said:

"Sir, we will be happy to open the bottle and serve you a glass; however, nobody else is having champagne and you would be the only one, then we would have to discard the rest of the bottle. If you prefer, we can just give you the bottle and you can take it home with you unopened."

I opted for Plan B and went home with a nice bottle of Dom.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tookay
Definitely a contrast to the former TG of several years ago. I was in F on the short hop from HKG-BKK and asked for a glass of champagne with only two other passengers in the cabin. The purser came to me and said:

"Sir, we will be happy to open the bottle and serve you a glass; however, nobody else is having champagne and you would be the only one, then we would have to discard the rest of the bottle. If you prefer, we can just give you the bottle and you can take it home with you unopened."

Well, my birthday was celebrated last year in F on the 380 from FRA to BKK. They gave me a free bottle, mind you it was the bottle from J class, not DOM. We even got to take it through security as we were connecting onto TG to DPS.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Between pre-departure glasses and in flight service I've definitely knocked off 2 bottles myself on this segment. Especially the time I was the only pax in F and they just left the bottles with me.

And then there was the time 1E on a brand new A380 didn't recline. The cabin was full and after more than 30 min in the forward 'lounge' seat drinking Dom, and the seat unable to be fixed, the purser gave me a bottle of Dom to take away. When I thanked her because it was our anniversary she then wrote a card and gave a bottle of red and white to my wife. We had a good weekend in Hong Kong.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:43 am

I agree that they are cutting back, in the past I have always been quite impressed with the service you would get in Economy. There had been quite good service with the welcome nuts (that I never eat), menus and several servings of beverages during meals. But in May I flew CPH-BKK in economy and the Nuts were gone so were the menus but it also seemed that they cut the second round of beverages and on one flight I was halfway trough my meal before the beverages cart got to my seat. I haven’t counted but it seemed like they were less staff on the plane than they used to.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:52 am
Suspended

Me too.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/AC/O...-spill-red-ink
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: SK Silver
After reading a lot about Thai lately, should i be worried for my F flights in jan/feb 2016? LHR-BKK-SYD-BKK-MUN all in F.

First of, is there a risk of the flights being cancelled? And second, should I be worried about further cutbacks, like not getting my Dom and caviar?

This will be my first F experience, so it will be a big step up from my previous few C flights with SK anyways.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Kjeksen
After reading a lot about Thai lately, should i be worried for my F flights in jan/feb 2016? LHR-BKK-SYD-BKK-MUN all in F.

First of, is there a risk of the flights being cancelled? And second, should I be worried about further cutbacks, like not getting my Dom and caviar?

This will be my first F experience, so it will be a big step up from my previous few C flights with SK anyways.
relax and do not worry!
those are most popular routes and Jan/Feb high season.
and they will not cut Dom and caviar in F as long as they have F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.