Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
That could be anybody's guess regardless of the airline that far out. But effective 31 March, TG has filed that the A359 replaces the 77W on four weekly rotations on TG922/923, so I would expect it to stick.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: Krisflyer, BAEC
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
That could be anybody's guess regardless of the airline that far out. But effective 31 March, TG has filed that the A359 replaces the 77W on four weekly rotations on TG922/923, so I would expect it to stick.
Right thank you for that. hopefully it does, i love the tg a350
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Jacknabbit
Hello, I am booked on TG922 for June and the seat map is showing an A350. As far as I've read, the flight usually uses A380 or 77W, which is currently being used for the past few weeks. Just wondering whats the odds of me getting an A350 for June? Thank you!
low season is coming
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
low season is coming
That, and possibly the fact that four out of six 788s are still out of action, requiring potential reshuffling across the network.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Baggage allowance *A Gold with companion

Greetings,

I will be travelling LHR-BKK-SGN in Y. I have *A Gold, I am unsure about the exact amount of extra luggage weight I can take. Does the extra apply for my companion too? Is the 20kg spread across the two pieces of luggage per person?

https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/pl...n/baggage.page

"ROP & Star Alliance Gold Members Extra 20 kg (44 pounds)"

Cheers,
ZT
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by zontar2010
Greetings,

I will be travelling LHR-BKK-SGN in Y. I have *A Gold, I am unsure about the exact amount of extra luggage weight I can take. Does the extra apply for my companion too? Is the 20kg spread across the two pieces of luggage per person?

Cheers,
ZT
one bag of max 20kg extra, but only for you if your friend is not *A Gold
Old Feb 8, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
one bag of max 20kg extra, but only for you if your friend is not *A Gold
>>Passengers traveling on economy class are given a free baggage allowance of two pieces. The weight of each item shall not exceed 23 kgs (50 lbs) and linear measurement of each piece shall not exceed 158 linear cms (62 inches).<<

So one bag at 43kgs???? WOW! That's a pretty hefty lift.

ZT
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:50 am

>>Passengers traveling on economy class are given a free baggage allowance of two pieces. The weight of each item shall not exceed 23 kgs (50 lbs) and linear measurement of each piece shall not exceed 158 linear cms (62 inches).<<

So one bag at 43kgs???? WOW! That's a pretty hefty lift.

ZT
It says ‘the weight of each item shall not exceed 23 kgs’...? That seems pretty self-explanatory to me?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK

It says ‘the weight of each item shall not exceed 23 kgs’...? That seems pretty self-explanatory to me?
To be clear:
Y allowance:
  • • Passengers traveling on economy class are given a free baggage allowance of two pieces. The weight of each item shall not exceed 23 kgs (50 lbs) and linear measurement of each piece shall not exceed 158 linear cms (62 inches).
Further down:
Checked Baggage Policy by Weight Concept applicable to International Sectors within TC3 (Asia, Australia, New Zealand) , between TC2 (Europe, Africa, Middle East) and TC3 (Asia, Australia, New Zealand)
ROP & Star Alliance Gold Members Extra: 20 kg (44 pounds)

I am going to take an educated guess that I get an extra 10kg per bag (2). That would fall in line with other *A carriers at 32kg-33kg

ZT
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Greetings,

Cheers,
ZT
For your route LHR-BKK-SGN in Y the weight concept is used, not the piece system.

As a *G in Y you will get 30kg plus another 20kg. This can be in any number of bags from 2 or more. Your travel partner in Y will have 30kg, also in any number of bags.

TG doesn’t care whose bags are whose, as long as the two of you don’t exceed the total allowance of 30+20+30=80kg

It is as simple as that.
zontar2010 and BinSabai like this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Any guesses why TG660 BKK-HND has the 10F already scheduled for March 10 and 11? Seems like all other days in that vicinity (Feb/Mar) are showing 9F. Wondering if the low F loads are related.

Additionally, if the 747 only has F service to SYD and 2xHND, why are they flying the old ones on F routes? Meh.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Taoyuan
Any guesses why TG660 BKK-HND has the 10F already scheduled for March 10 and 11? Seems like all other days in that vicinity (Feb/Mar) are showing 9F. Wondering if the low F loads are related.

Additionally, if the 747 only has F service to SYD and 2xHND, why are they flying the old ones on F routes? Meh.
I’ve never given it much thought as I do not mind the 10F layout. However, more than a few times I have seen a 10F seat map online, but the actual aircraft has been the superior 9F configuration. There is definitely paid F demand on Japan routes, so I do not think it has anything to do with load factor. As far as I know, both configurations are identical in J and Y cabins.

Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Thanks. My flight only has 2 people in F right now, and they are selling 8 more seats. It's just odd to me since those two days are clearly singled out, relative to those nearby in the month.

Not a huge deal but would be nice to have the new F on that leg.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Taoyuan
Thanks. My flight only has 2 people in F right now, and they are selling 8 more seats. It's just odd to me since those two days are clearly singled out, relative to those nearby in the month.

Not a huge deal but would be nice to have the new F on that leg.
I have no idea how they decide which aircraft to allocate to certain routes. It could indeed have to do with paid F load factor, length of flights, maintenance schedules etc...

However, either way, seeing one seat map or the other is no guarantee that the actual aircraft on the day of travel will be such. Therefore, I would just hope for 9F if it matters to you, but at the end of the day you’re in for a nice flight either way. Likely a very private flight in the nose of the best aircraft ever built. Flying does not get much better than that.

Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I’ve never given it much thought as I do not mind the 10F layout. However, more than a few times I have seen a 10F seat map online, but the actual aircraft has been the superior 9F configuration. There is definitely paid F demand on Japan routes, so I do not think it has anything to do with load factor. As far as I know, both configurations are identical in J and Y cabins.
J seats are also slightly different, both angle flat but one with a slightly bigger recline
as for the question whether they plan 9F or 10F according to F load, I guess they plan according to aircraft rotation and maintenance plan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.