Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
1) no alcoholic beverages on domestic flights; one type of light meal on one tray (for example phad thai and thai Sweets)
2) likely angle flat as only few of the A330 fleets are refurbished to new full flat seat. actually it does not matter on a 50 min flight
3) for domestic flight you can choose seat only at OLCI (24 Hours Prior to Departure) or at check in; even Status passengers can not select seat
Thank you for a very quick and full reply!

Tock
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: OZ Diamond
Flying TG in a couple of weeks PEK-MEL. I'm in Y but I have a *G card. I'd like to take a shower while at BKK. I'll be arriving on TG615 @ 21:20 and departing on TG465 @ 00:05, so I've got just under three hours. Which lounge is my best bet here? Much more concerned about waiting time than quality (as long as it's not an actual health hazard, it's fine).
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by seanpodge
Flying TG in a couple of weeks PEK-MEL. I'm in Y but I have a *G card. I'd like to take a shower while at BKK. I'll be arriving on TG615 @ 21:20 and departing on TG465 @ 00:05, so I've got just under three hours. Which lounge is my best bet here? Much more concerned about waiting time than quality (as long as it's not an actual health hazard, it's fine).
main TG lounge in D has no showers. TG lounges in C and E have
Eva lounge in F also has showers and is better than TG, but if your flights are in C (usual for flight to MEL) it is rather far away
not sure whether SQ lounge in D has showers, probably not...but it is also better than TG lounges
seanpodge likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BinSabai
main TG lounge in D has no showers. TG lounges in C and E have
Eva lounge in F also has showers and is better than TG, but if your flights are in C (usual for flight to MEL) it is rather far away
not sure whether SQ lounge in D has showers, probably not...but it is also better than TG lounges
SQ does not have showers so far as I know.

My last few times in EVA the water pressure has been poor (and that's a generous assessment) so TG's facilities must have really tanked.
seanpodge likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:38 pm
kkl

I have a oneway F award HND-BKK arriving at 6am. Would it be possible to tag on another J flight (same amount of miles as SQ zone chart) so i can use the F lounge? 1hr massage etc to kill time. Not keen on arriving at my hotel @ 8am.

short check luggage? or book a long layover, ask for luggage to be collected? and no show the next flight.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
The F lounge is a departure lounge per *A usual policy, so in theory no access if continuing in J. If you have a same day connection and F isn't offered (e.g. HND(F)-BKK(J)-SIN, then F lounge staff might allow you access to the lounge, but not the 1hr F spa experience (AFAIK).

The whole short-checking of bags (or long connection) and throwing away the second sector to be a 'no show' is something I have never done. Hopefully you'd actually advise TG staff that for some imaginary urgent reason you could not continue BKK-XXX, so that the other passengers were not inconvenienced.....

For me, I'd just seek to check-in early rather than (maybe) get to hang around the lounge for a shower. Even if I had to pay a bit more.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jan 26, 2019 at 2:06 am
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:52 pm

even you can "cheat" you into this, you will get access to F lounge but officially you can only get a 30 minutes massage (unless staff makes an exception) as you "depart" in biz class…
but the problem remains the luggage...and you could delay the other flight as they will search for you
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
And even if you manage to blag your way this far, then of course there is the whole debacle of getting back to the arrivals level.. I would take an 8am arrival at my hotel and go pay 500 baht for a massage in one of the decent places in town any day rather than such over-complication.

I really do not under stand why people are so obsessed with the F lounge - seems to be an award traveller syndrome.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:41 am
kkl

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
And even if you manage to blag your way this far, then of course there is the whole debacle of getting back to the arrivals level.. I would take an 8am arrival at my hotel and go pay 500 baht for a massage in one of the decent places in town any day rather than such over-complication.

I really do not under stand why people are so obsessed with the F lounge - seems to be an award traveller syndrome.
was more about killing time than milking the F lounge
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:35 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Does TG classify Star Alliance Premium Economy (e.g. on EVA Air) as Economy when TG determines ROP Miles to be awarded?

Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by siw
Does TG classify Star Alliance Premium Economy (e.g. on EVA Air) as Economy when TG determines ROP Miles to be awarded?
Depends on the specific carrier. On Eva you will earn 100% miles for Elite/PE K/L/T/P class.. Look for the specific booking class under the BR page, or page of airline you are considering.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Feb 2, 2019 at 6:51 pm
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:08 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Thanks Thai-Kiwi.

The Miles Calculator gives for TG BKK-LHR (Economy Y = 100%) as 5,928 Miles, which works from the distance chart as 5,928 x 1.0 (https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ro...onTHAI01.page?).

But why does the Miles Calculator give for BR BKK-LHR (Elite Class T = 100%) as 5,922 Miles? Surely, TG use the same distance as above and it's still Distance x Cabin sub-booking class bonus.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by siw
Thanks Thai-Kiwi.

The Miles Calculator gives for TG BKK-LHR (Economy Y = 100%) as 5,928 Miles, which works from the distance chart as 5,928 x 1.0 (https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ro...onTHAI01.page?).

But why does the Miles Calculator give for BR BKK-LHR (Elite Class T = 100%) as 5,922 Miles? Surely, TG use the same distance as above and it's still Distance x Cabin sub-booking class bonus.
distances for mileage calculation can be different airline by airline…

it is indeed strange but maybe the pilots from some airline make a detour...
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Depends on the method and exact location they use - and as @BinSabai says, there could be other factors.

It would be useful if they all used the same distance information, but they don’t. THAI has a chart with distance to all of its destinations.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: Krisflyer, BAEC
Hello, I am booked on TG922 for June and the seat map is showing an A350. As far as I've read, the flight usually uses A380 or 77W, which is currently being used for the past few weeks. Just wondering whats the odds of me getting an A350 for June? Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.