Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:59 am

I'm flying HEL - BKK on AY in J and then I have a seperate ticket booked BKK - CNX on TG in J. This is a royal silk flex ticket. My AY flight arrives around 3 hours before my next flight, which is plenty of time. However there is another flight to CNX about 1 and a half hours earlier. Given that I have a flex ticket, what is the best way to get on this earlier flight after I arrive in BKK?

Should I follow the transfer to domestic terminal route? Will she transfer desk change the ticket? Will the domestic lounge be able to?

I have hand baggage only.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
I'm flying HEL - BKK on AY in J and then I have a seperate ticket booked BKK - CNX on TG in J. This is a royal silk flex ticket. My AY flight arrives around 3 hours before my next flight, which is plenty of time. However there is another flight to CNX about 1 and a half hours earlier. Given that I have a flex ticket, what is the best way to get on this earlier flight after I arrive in BKK?

Should I follow the transfer to domestic terminal route? Will she transfer desk change the ticket? Will the domestic lounge be able to?

Why not book the earlier flight first, as you have a fully flexible ticket, and then if necessary change to the later one at the airport (or before departure at HEL if it turns out your international flight is delayed)? Especially as you have hand baggage only, it should be no problem.

Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum

are you sure that the earlier flight is on TG metal and not on Thai Smile. TG operates now only 5 flights to CNX (2 in the morning, one at noon and two in the evening), all the others, over 10 are now operated with Thai Smile and have a 4 Digit TG number. Those do NOT have Business class!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Why not book the earlier flight first, as you have a fully flexible ticket, and then if necessary change to the later one at the airport (or before departure at HEL if it turns out your international flight is delayed)? Especially as you have hand baggage only, it should be no problem.
If I'm late, would they put me on the next one as technically I'd have missed the flight. Not sure if that's the same as a change in advance?

Originally Posted by BinSabai
are you sure that the earlier flight is on TG metal and not on Thai Smile. TG operates now only 5 flights to CNX (2 in the morning, one at noon and two in the evening), all the others, over 10 are now operated with Thai Smile and have a 4 Digit TG number. Those do NOT have Business class!
Yes 100%. I'm on the 18:40 and thinking of switching to the earlier 17:20
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:47 am

If I'm late, would they put me on the next one as technically I'd have missed the flight. Not sure if that's the same as a change in advance?

Yes 100%. I'm on the 18:40 and thinking of switching to the earlier 17:20
Your ticket is still valid for travel on the later flight even if you miss the first one. I would book the earlier flight, and take your chances. If your international flight is significantly delayed on departure, you can call TG at that point and rebook your flight accordingly. There really is no risk involved.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I have never attempted to change a TG J Flex ticket in the manner described by MikeFromTokyo. So if it were me, I would confirm this directly with THAI to be sure the 'no show' wasn't problematic.

My preference is to reduce risk where possible; so in this case I'd book the later flight and, after arrival if there is time, change to the earlier flight if the ticket is sufficiently flexible.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I have never attempted to change a TG J Flex ticket in the manner described by MikeFromTokyo. So if it were me, I would confirm this directly with THAI to be sure the 'no show' wasn't problematic.

My preference is to reduce risk where possible; so in this case I'd book the later flight and, after arrival if there is time, change to the earlier flight if the ticket is sufficiently flexible.
Of course that also works. I do not know what you are referring to specifically, but I have definitely been checked in on TG flexible J domestic tickets, missed the flight, and gotten put on the next one with absolutely no problems.

Your approach is probably the safer way to do it, on second thought. Either way, changing to a different flight, earlier or later, has never been a problem for me.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Of course that also works. I do not know what you are referring to specifically, but I have definitely been checked in on TG flexible J domestic tickets, missed the flight, and gotten put on the next one with absolutely no problems.
The fare rules probably said something like this:

CHANGES - ANY TIME
CHANGES PERMITTED FOR REISSUE.
CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY TO THE APPLICABLE
FARE. CHANGES PERMITTED FOR REVALIDATION.
FARE.
NOTE 1-IN THE EVENT OF NO-SHOW
PERMITTED AT THB0.00 -REROUTING FEE THB0.00
PLUS NO SHOW FEE THB0.00 OR PERMITTED AT
THB0.00 -REBOOKING FEE THB0.00 PLUS NO SHOW
FEE THB0.00

I wouldn't have a problem no showing on that fare. It's very clear the ticket is changeable "any time" and that there's no penalty for no show.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
The fare rules probably said something like this:

CHANGES - ANY TIME
CHANGES PERMITTED FOR REISSUE.
FARE. CHANGES PERMITTED FOR REVALIDATION.
FARE.
NOTE 1-IN THE EVENT OF NO-SHOW
PERMITTED AT THB0.00 -REROUTING FEE THB0.00
PLUS NO SHOW FEE THB0.00 OR PERMITTED AT
THB0.00 -REBOOKING FEE THB0.00 PLUS NO SHOW
FEE THB0.00

I wouldn't have a problem no showing on that fare. It's very clear the ticket is changeable "any time" and that there's no penalty for no show.
Exactly my experience. It is still fully valid, i.e. changeable, refundable etc... even if you have “no showed” or otherwise missed a flight. I have done this many times on TG domestic flights with J tickets.

I would be totally comfortable booking the earlier flight first. Hope that I make it, but know that I could just get on a later flight if need be. It would be easier to do that then to have to waste time changing TO the earlier flight at the airport. If you need to chane to the later flight, time is not an issue and you are already at the airport.

Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:13 am

Your ticket is still valid for travel on the later flight even if you miss the first one. I would book the earlier flight, and take your chances. If your international flight is significantly delayed on departure, you can call TG at that point and rebook your flight accordingly. There really is no risk involved.

Thanks, I have changed to the earlier flight. You can do this online for free very easily. My AY flight has wifi so if it comes to it, I should be covered in case of any diversions etc.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:00 am

Thanks, I have changed to the earlier flight. You can do this online for free very easily. My AY flight has wifi so if it comes to it, I should be covered in case of any diversions etc.
You’re absolutely good to go. Even if you did not have in flight wifi, and did not contact TG, you would still be put on the later flight easily by just speaking with a TG representative on the ground. Nothing to worry about.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC

You’re absolutely good to go. Even if you did not have in flight wifi, and did not contact TG, you would still be put on the later flight easily by just speaking with a TG representative on the ground. Nothing to worry about.
Provided that it is not sold out, that is
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Provided that it is not sold out, that is
i can not remember having been on a sold out domestic flight, even in high season...
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:33 pm

Hi there.
I'm considering a Swiss flight from London to Bangkok.
The Zurich to Bangkok (and reverse) leg is operated by Thai flight lx4300 (and lx4301 on the way back).
I also want to do a Bangkok/Phuket return also via Thai.
I'm wondering, is there anyway to check my luggage in on the domestic flight leaving Phuket, and have it route all the way to London?
I appreciate that these are separate bookings and I appreciate the Zurich/Bangkok flights are technically Swiss, but the planes (domestic and international) are all Thai airways.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Very likely no problems at all. I assume the final return flight ZRH-LHR flight is on Swiss?

Officialy THAI has no obligation to do this with separate tickets, but in practice I am not aware of any problems in recent years - especially if all on THAI.
Aston100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.