Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cormacirish
Thanks so much. Pardon me asking another question though... What exact layout for business does the 777-300ER have?
I answered your question in the seating thread.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I was going through some boxes of old papers and I found this old boarding pass. When did Thai get rid of these? They were kind of cool. This would be from 2010, flying SYD-BKK-LHR-CPH.

Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
Originally Posted by epigram
Traveling in Y. Is it possible to gain access to the Royal silk lounges at bkk as *g or is access only to the Royal orchid lounge?
Hello. I would appreciate an expansion on this topic. I'm flying SQ Y from BKK to SIN. I am *G (via United). My read of the Royal Silk rules is that I will have lounge access because: I am *G and flying on *Alliance.

I ask this because sometimes it feels as if SQ is not a full participant in *Alliance.

thanks in advance
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tvhead
Hello. I would appreciate an expansion on this topic. I'm flying SQ Y from BKK to SIN. I am *G (via United). My read of the Royal Silk rules is that I will have lounge access because: I am *G and flying on *Alliance.

I ask this because sometimes it feels as if SQ is not a full participant in *Alliance.

thanks in advance
As a UA *G you are able to access the SQ, BR and of course TG's business class lounges.

Note the Royal Silk Lounges are for Business Class. Royal Orchid Lounges have both Business Class and small First Class sections, and are located away from the main Business/First class lounges in D Concourse
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I guess if there is demand for the extra capacity, or for other reasons. ExpertFlyer shows the 747 scheduled as your report.

Have you made a seat allocation yet? TG’s Plat/Gold (and possibly other *G) pax in J may be seated in the F cabin (still J service).

A quick check shows quite a few pax seated in the 9F suites version of the 747
Thanks yeah I am a UA F award leech and they had auto assigned me F cabin which is nice. Don't care either way really for morning 4hrs flight but its a nice surprise (if it sticks) ^.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:12 am

Question regarding seat selection on A380

Looking at a return flight BKK<->LHR and noticed a 76a looks ideal for a Y booking on the A380

Is there a cost or status requirement to book this seat?

Or is it simply a first come first served basis when requesting the seat?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baggyred
Question regarding seat selection on A380

Looking at a return flight BKK<->LHR and noticed a 76a looks ideal for a Y booking on the A380

Is there a cost or status requirement to book this seat?

Or is it simply a first come first served basis when requesting the seat?
It looks as if it is available to those who book a Flexi-Saver economy fare (K class or better), where it'd be first in. You cannot purchase desirable seats on THAI.

It is always possible that you could be bumped from a desirable seat for reasons THAI is unlikely to disclose - such as a well connected Thai travelling in economy. I have never experienced this personally. I have experienced every exit row seat being occupied by high school age Thai students on BKK-AKL during school holidays - staff were reluctant to explain at check-in (4 hours early as TG*G) how the seats could all be allocated. Not the end of the world.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
It looks as if it is available to those who book a Flexi-Saver economy fare (K class or better), where it'd be first in. You cannot purchase desirable seats on THAI.

It is always possible that you could be bumped from a desirable seat for reasons THAI is unlikely to disclose - such as a well connected Thai travelling in economy. I have never experienced this personally. I have experienced every exit row seat being occupied by high school age Thai students on BKK-AKL during school holidays - staff were reluctant to explain at check-in (4 hours early as TG*G) how the seats could all be allocated. Not the end of the world.
Thanks for that - did a dummy booking to test it out and yep - the flexi could book it no problems

Given the price difference for the dates i'm looking - the cost is less than other carrier's seat selection.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:12 pm

Question 1: What are some methods to get seats assigned before I arrive at the airport? I currently don't show any seat assignment.
Question 2: Has anyone found a way to upgrade a Class X award booking by paying additional cash if business/first space opens up?

Booked directly with Thai Airways via transferred points so it is an award booking
(International flight, Economy, Class X, no seat assignment)

TG 661 Haneda(Japan) to BKK
TG 660 BKK to Haneda(Japan)

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by RioG
Question 1: What are some methods to get seats assigned before I arrive at the airport? I currently don't show any seat assignment.
Question 2: Has anyone found a way to upgrade a Class X award booking by paying additional cash if business/first space opens up?

Booked directly with Thai Airways via transferred points so it is an award booking
(International flight, Economy, Class X, no seat assignment)

TG 661 Haneda(Japan) to BKK
TG 660 BKK to Haneda(Japan)

Thanks in advance.
On line check in is open 24 hours before departure, and that is the way to select a seat in advance when no pre-assigned seating is otherwise available prior to that.

The upgrade question is YMMV. Officially, award tickets and certain deeply discounted economy fare buckets are not eligible for upgrade. But in practice it could happen if you are lucky and if there is a lot of availability.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@RioG. If you have the THAI booking reference (even with award tickets), you should be able pull up the reservation.

The seat selection area is a little illogically placed/named. After you pull up the reservation, scroll to nearly the end of the page until you see 'Services', with a button titled 'Additional Services' - this is the area which covers off (seating and special meals).

This should open up a new pages where you can select seats, select special meals and (new) buy additional baggage.

Cheers, TK
RioG likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
seat-assignment as Thai-Kiwi explored
Award tickets can not be upgraded: for paid ticket in advance with miles or upgrade certificates or at check in with standby upgrade (depending on fare class)
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/plan_...sstofirst.page
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
What lounge can I use in BRU if I am flying TG J (BRU-BKK)?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: QR
Checking baggage through to final destination

Hi All,

I am new to Thai Airways (sort of, haven't flown with them in 5 years international). I booked flights on separate tickets from HKG to BKK and then BKK to HKT (about 2.5 hour transit in BKK). I would like to know if they will check my luggage through to HKT in HKG? What services can I expect on the flight from HKG (Travelling in J).
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At HKG it is likely TG Staff will check through bags on separate TG tickets. Of course, they have no obligation to do so and if you arrive late in BKK, you have no protection for your missed BKk-HKT flight.

On TG J you will have lounge access in HKG at TG, UA and SQ lounges. If you have time, SQ lounge is worth a look before moving to TG lounge.

The actual flight is around 2 1/2 hours, so predeparture drinks, and then once established expect meal service. Can feel somewhat rushed sometimes depending on load in J. Usually appetiser, choice from 3 mains, and dessert.

There is fast track arrival opposite gate D4 per discussion in other thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.