Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Old Jun 25, 19, 3:38 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Nice

Air NZ wont even check through bags NZ-NZ if holding a separate domestic sector followed by an international sector.....
ChrisBub likes this.
Old Jun 26, 19, 2:35 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; BA Exec Club Silver
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
Nice

Air NZ wont even check through bags NZ-NZ if holding a separate domestic sector followed by an international sector.....
Not nice!

I got further confirmation today (after sending over both tickets) that the TG flight in CNX is eligible for luggage interlining with QR flight from BKK. I will let you know if any disaster befalls us at the airport
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jun 30, 19, 11:47 pm

Anyone know when Thai release the full seating map for flight that has seats blocked for Status passengers?
Old Jul 1, 19, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by baggyred View Post
Anyone know when Thai release the full seating map for flight that has seats blocked for Status passengers?
Full seat map released at OLCI at 24 hours prior. Mainly this allows pax in deeply discounted fares classes V/W to access the forward economy cabin.

The exit rows and bulkhead seats are generally not released however, since they are passed over to Load Control to allow airport staff to make allocations during physical checkin. Some preallocations are likely to have been but the logic/algorithm is not evident to me.

THAI does not block for Status passengers per se, although usually they do end up with exit row or bulkhead seats. But not always
baggyred likes this.
Old Jul 3, 19, 10:11 pm

Do you guys know what is the best way to get partner award?
Seems getting it through online does not work at all for me. And the availability seems to be 365 days - 4 weeks in advance.
Wanting to redeem SQ to New York on Biz. But seems tough to get.

Thanks guys.
Old Jul 3, 19, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by pandalama View Post
Do you guys know what is the best way to get partner award?
Seems getting it through online does not work at all for me. And the availability seems to be 365 days - 4 weeks in advance.
Wanting to redeem SQ to New York on Biz. But seems tough to get.

Thanks guys.
That might be that SQ tightly controls release of award seats to partners, rather than an ROP TG issue?
Old Jul 4, 19, 12:44 am

That might be that SQ tightly controls release of award seats to partners, rather than an ROP TG issue?
any recommendation then? Between Biz ANA or Asiana?
Old Jul 4, 19, 5:25 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by pandalama View Post

any recommendation then? Between Biz ANA or Asiana?
I would go with ANA personally. Asiana strikes me as bland but never actually flown them
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 6, 19, 6:41 am

Strange departure point any details on this flight.
Old Jul 6, 19, 2:27 pm

Route is Narathiwat - Muscat (Oman) - Medina (Saudi).

I would guess it is a charter associated with a significant event for the Islamic faith. The southern provinces of Thailand have a predominately Muslim population.
Old Jul 6, 19, 2:53 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Route is Narathiwat - Muscat (Oman) - Medina (Saudi).

I would guess it is a charter associated with a significant event for the Islamic faith. The southern provinces of Thailand have a predominately Muslim population.
A whole article dedicated to this flight: THAI offering 15 flights to Medina for annual Hajj pilgrimage
Old Jul 6, 19, 10:50 pm

Thanks for the information on the above flight i was curious because i have visited Pattani regularly over the last 18 years but never noticed this flight before. I probably not noticed the press releases either.
Old Jul 7, 19, 9:16 pm

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by tg911 View Post
Strange departure point any details on this flight.
It is the Hajj charter flight. This year THAI has organised 15 special round trip flights for hajj pilgrims, with flights departing from Narathiwat, Suvarnabhumi and Krabi airports to Medina Airport in Saudi Arabia.
Old Jul 10, 19, 2:51 pm
Suspended

hello all

hello all
Old Jul 17, 19, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by kq747 View Post
I would go with ANA personally. Asiana strikes me as bland but never actually flown them
I've only flown Asiana once (about 14 years ago) and the food was anything but bland - tasty, well-spiced Korean food. Possibly the best plane food I've ever eaten.

Search this Thread