Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by DivaTraveller
Transit in BKK is super easy, you need to worry at all. It is a very modern airport with good signage, lots of shops and good places to eat as well. I see that you are transiting to Myanmar. That means international transfers international, that's even easier, because it's all in the same section of the airport. If you transfer to domestic destinations, that's different, you need to get to a different part of the airport, but all clearly indicated and easy to find.
This is clearly a situation where YMMV (Your Miles May Vary). If you're arriving into C and connecting to a dom airport with customs the connection is rather smooth. Moreso than if your arriving into C and connecting to E/F/G concourses. Nuance is your friend when dealing with BKK.

All the same, welcome to FT DivaTraveller.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: Qantas Gold
Check through from London to Siem Reap

I'm travelling from LHR - BKK - REP on a combination of Thai and Bangkok Airlines but purchased as separate tickets.

I emailed Thai Reservations about my luggage at least going straight through to REP from London but they said 'you have to collect your bags at Bangkok and clear customs then you need to check-in for your flight with Bangkok to Siem Reap'.

I believed there was an interline agreement between Thai and Bangkok Airlines? Has anyone else been able to do this?

If not, how long does it take to do a baggage transfer/check-in at BKK as I have 1hr 40mins between the flights.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 8:54 pm

Thai Airways 777-300 IFE Box Locations

Hi

With the Thai Airways 777-300 ... London to Bangkok ... please can anyone tell me which seats have the IFE box ... so I can avoid ?

I'm ideally after sitting in a centre isle seat ....

Seat Guru seems to be a bit crap these days!

Thanks

Mark
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Ginge57
I'm travelling from LHR - BKK - REP on a combination of Thai and Bangkok Airlines but purchased as separate tickets.

I emailed Thai Reservations about my luggage at least going straight through to REP from London but they said 'you have to collect your bags at Bangkok and clear customs then you need to check-in for your flight with Bangkok to Siem Reap'.

I believed there was an interline agreement between Thai and Bangkok Airlines? Has anyone else been able to do this?

If not, how long does it take to do a baggage transfer/check-in at BKK as I have 1hr 40mins between the flights.
very surprising answer, but sometimes there are just incompetent staff answering e-mails
There is a interline agreement between TG and PG; sometimes you have to insist or even ask for the supervisor until things are properly done and bags checked through!
it helps to have a print out your PG ticket and this:
http://www.thaiairways.com/en_AE/Ter..._partner.page?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:38 am

isn't it possible to check milage more than 1 year back? On ROP website I seem to only be able to get it to show my miles for the past 12 months.

Anyone?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Johan Jensen
isn't it possible to check milage more than 1 year back? On ROP website I seem to only be able to get it to show my miles for the past 12 months.

Anyone?
not online; call TG
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:37 am

Hi,

I am flying ARN-BKK-KBV next month. I understand that the luggage will be checked through.
So after arriving in BKK I will go through passport control and customs in BKK, correct? But where will I get my luggage in KBV? Do I need to go to the international arrival belt or to the domestic belt? It is a domestic flight, will they deliver the luggage from that flight to two different belts? Or will I get the luggage from the domestic belt?

Thanks a lot!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Trinick
Hi,

I am flying ARN-BKK-KBV next month. I understand that the luggage will be checked through.
So after arriving in BKK I will go through passport control and customs in BKK, correct? But where will I get my luggage in KBV? Do I need to go to the international arrival belt or to the domestic belt? It is a domestic flight, will they deliver the luggage from that flight to two different belts? Or will I get the luggage from the domestic belt?

Thanks a lot!
Actually, KBV is an international airport so your customs clearance will be at your final destination if I am not mistaken. I have never personally done that, but I have observed passengers on KBV flights connecting to/from international TG flights all the time, and I have the impression that they just change planes at BKK without going through customs or rechecking their luggage.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Actually, KBV is an international airport so your customs clearance will be at your final destination if I am not mistaken. I have never personally done that, but I have observed passengers on KBV flights connecting to/from international TG flights all the time, and I have the impression that they just change planes at BKK without going through customs or rechecking their luggage.
Thanks!
I think (not sure!) that I will clear customs in BKK, as BKK-KBV is a domestic flight, and yes, I dont need to recheck my luggage. My point is: As my hold luggage needs to go through customs as well, will I get it in the international or domestic part of KBV airport? Even though I technically already entered Thailand in BKK.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:12 am

Thanks!
I think (not sure!) that I will clear customs in BKK, as BKK-KBV is a domestic flight, and yes, I dont need to recheck my luggage. My point is: As my hold luggage needs to go through customs as well, will I get it in the international or domestic part of KBV airport? Even though I technically already entered Thailand in BKK.
Why not just call TG and ask to be sure?

Either way, you will be guided through the process by the cabin crew and ground staff, so you have nothing to worry about.

Even though it is a domestic flight to KBV, customs clearance often takes place at the final destination with TG if connecting to an "international" airport such as KBV. KBV is a small, simple airport so just follow signage and instructions from ground staff. There likely will be other passengers making the exact same connections.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Hi,

Thanks a lot!
You will go through immigration in BKK but customs in KBV.

Your bags will be at a different belt in a different section of the baggage area. Upon disembarking in KBV you'll be shunted to the international baggage claim area.

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Correct.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
You will go through immigration in BKK but customs in KBV.

Your bags will be at a different belt in a different section of the baggage area. Upon disembarking in KBV you'll be shunted to the international baggage claim area.

Correct.
Thank you so much, very helpful!
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
I'm arriving in BKK in 2 days, continuing to USM on a separate TG-ticket. With the haze and the airport currently closed, there is a high probability of cancellations.

I expect to get re-booked on another flight no problem, but I'm curious to what kind of service TG usually provides in cases like this. Will they arrange for accomodation etc. or do I have to use my travel insurance if an over-night delay happens?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by sexten
I'm arriving in BKK in 2 days, continuing to USM on a separate TG-ticket. With the haze and the airport currently closed, there is a high probability of cancellations.

I expect to get re-booked on another flight no problem, but I'm curious to what kind of service TG usually provides in cases like this. Will they arrange for accomodation etc. or do I have to use my travel insurance if an over-night delay happens?
I don't think they would do anything beyond rebooking you on another flight. I don't think any airline would provide hotel accommodation in case of a weather related cancellation.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:04 am

Hello Thai Airways Board!

I am flying to Thailand early next year and intend to do a little bit of travelling. I have found few cheap nice flights between Bangkok and Chiang Mai and Krabi.

This includes ridiculously cheap flights (Early Bird Saver) using Thai Airways (what suprises me that the Matrix ITA didn't pick those flights at all!) on A330, which even on sub 2 hr flight is considerably better than A320.

My question comes from a different angle, can somebody tell me if those flights are permitted for an upgrade using Miles and More miles and generally how to check upgrade availability? I have a number of miles that I will never ever use and they will simply be lost, so thought about upgrading those flights in Thailand just for fun really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.