Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
maybe they need to check your passport/visa whether you are eligible to enter the country of your final destination? they do this with certain nationalities...
Old May 24, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
maybe they need to check your passport/visa whether you are eligible to enter the country of your final destination? they do this with certain nationalities...
Ahh, I hope that's the case as I don't want to be booted out of my current seat. I will be entering HK on a British passport.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by bmibaby737
Ahh, I hope that's the case as I don't want to be booted out of my current seat. I will be entering HK on a British passport.
since BREXIT, the whole world is checking on you guys!
Old May 24, 2018, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
This was the first thing that occurred to me as well. And it isn't only for certain nationalities but also for one way tix quite often.
BinSabai likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Thanks guys, i think it was because it's a one way, they wanted to make sure I was leaving Hong Kong after my visit.
BinSabai likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
Thanks guys, i think it was because it's a one way, they wanted to make sure I was leaving Hong Kong after my visit.
Yup, i get this often. ^
Old May 26, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Thai Airways Menu question

Hey folks,

I have an upcoming flight to Melbourne on ANA and Thai with a mix of business & first class Thai segments, in both directions. Before pre-ordering any meals, I was curious about whether one can see the menu in advance - either online or by phone. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Old May 27, 2018, 12:57 am

You can see the Thai menu if you go to "Manage my booking" on the TG site.

I'd imagine ANA would be the same but I have never flown with them.
Old May 27, 2018, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I think YYZtoDCA was interested in knowing the 'card' menu so he/she can decide whether to order in advance, or just take the 'standard J/F meal for the routes concerned.

This usually requires someone to post a copy from a picture or from notes. Some forums have members who do this.
Old May 27, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I think YYZtoDCA was interested in knowing the 'card' menu so he/she can decide whether to order in advance, or just take the 'standard J/F meal for the routes concerned.

This usually requires someone to post a copy from a picture or from notes. Some forums have members who do this.
Thanks for the reply @Thai-Kiwi - my question was really just whether Thai publishes the onboard menus anywhere to consider them in advance of the flight - for ANA, Singapore, Air Canada, and I'm sure others this is possible online. Guess I'll just have to pick ahead of time or roll the dice!
Old May 28, 2018, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by YYZtoDCA
Thanks for the reply @Thai-Kiwi - my question was really just whether Thai publishes the onboard menus anywhere to consider them in advance of the flight - for ANA, Singapore, Air Canada, and I'm sure others this is possible online. Guess I'll just have to pick ahead of time or roll the dice!
unfortunately not as they are different on each route and flight. only preorder menu for F and J are online
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
What Royal Silk lounges at BKK offer the free hand/foot massage for J passengers? I burnt 4+ hours at BKK recently and was in a rather crummy lounge in Concourse C that did not have any sign of massage service...I have 2 more transits at the end of the year through BKK, and I am tempted to simply go to one of the Priority Pass lounges (which was far superior when I went through BKK in February).
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
The massages are available in the Royal Orchid Spa which is located opposite the main THAI lounge in Concourse D. For the benefit of other readers, you need to be flying THAI J to access this Spa (ie not any *A J).

For lounges, then assuming *G or in J class on a *A flight, then I suggest you try the Singapore Airlines or Eva Lounges as an alternative to the THAI lounges.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:35 pm

Thai-Kiwi's answer is spot on. As J passenger on TG, you have to go yourself to the Royal Orchid Spa to make a Reservation, lounge staff will not do for you (in opposite to F passengers or Platinum members).
you can choose between 30 minutes neck/shoulder or 30 minutes feet massage
in the evening the spa uses to get very busy, so go early
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Thai-Kiwi's answer is spot on. As J passenger on TG, you have to go yourself to the Royal Orchid Spa to make a Reservation, lounge staff will not do for you (in opposite to F passengers or Platinum members).
you can choose between 30 minutes neck/shoulder or 30 minutes feet massage
in the evening the spa uses to get very busy, so go early
My last 2 transits are actually in the morning, around 6-8 AM - will it be available then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.