Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Gurjas S. Narula
I am planning to fly to Auckland via Bkk on thai airways. the layover time is 1hr 10 mins is it sufficient for tranfer or i shlould not book it.
it is a bit tight but doable. what time is the transit? in which class are you flying? on one ticket?
Gurjas S. Narula likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:00 am

Around 5:30 pm in Bkk. economy class
Old Apr 28, 2018, 8:53 pm

Around 5:30 pm in Bkk. economy class
if on one ticket and luggage checked through doable
normally at that time, there are not so long queues at transit security. If there are long queues, tell the agent and they will let you ev. jump the queue
there are 2 international transit securities, East (A/B/C/D intersection) and West (D/E/F/G intersection)
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I am planning to fly to Auckland via Bkk on thai airways. the layover time is 1hr 10 mins is it sufficient for tranfer or i shlould not book it.
It is important that you have booked TG DEL-BKK-AKL as one ticket. Otherwise, as BinSabai states, you should not risk this.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:19 am

A question about GUP....do they have to be consumed within the period of Gold membership ? For example, my Gold expires Dec 31, '18. I haven't decided yet wether to stay with Thai or go to another Star member. I have one GUP left. Do I need to ticket and complete travel before 31/12., or just ticket and commence the journey. Mine would be FRA-BKK-MEL-BKK-FRA. I'm hoping just commence but I have some vague memory that it must be completed. Advice, please.
cheers
Old May 7, 2018, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by paolo64
A question about GUP....do they have to be consumed within the period of Gold membership ? For example, my Gold expires Dec 31, '18. I haven't decided yet wether to stay with Thai or go to another Star member. I have one GUP left. Do I need to ticket and complete travel before 31/12., or just ticket and commence the journey. Mine would be FRA-BKK-MEL-BKK-FRA. I'm hoping just commence but I have some vague memory that it must be completed. Advice, please.
cheers
there are GUP I and GUP II
GUP I you get at the end of the qualifying period, if you requalify and it is valid until the end of the next period
GUP II you get for additional miles flown and validity is much shorter, 6 months
if the one you have is a GUP I so it likely expires on 31.12.2018, you need to purchase a upgradable ticket and upgrade this ticket before that date but you can fly as well after that date
you see the GUP and it's expiry date on your online ROP account
Old May 7, 2018, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
there are GUP I and GUP II
GUP I you get at the end of the qualifying period, if you requalify and it is valid until the end of the next period
GUP II you get for additional miles flown and validity is much shorter, 6 months
if the one you have is a GUP I so it likely expires on 31.12.2018, you need to purchase a upgradable ticket and upgrade this ticket before that date but you can fly as well after that date
you see the GUP and it's expiry date on your online ROP account
Great, that's good news, thanks!
Old May 7, 2018, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by paolo64
Great, that's good news, thanks!
you are welcome! have you found expiry date of your GUP in your online account?
Old May 11, 2018, 8:59 am

BKK-USM Disappeared?

Hi all - I’m looking to book a redemption USM-BKK-HKG next year. Have been monitoring for a while waiting for it to become bookable, however as of yesterday the USM-BKK leg has disappeared.

Checked the TG website and it seems to be unavailable from summer 2018 onwards. I know the route is well served be PG so wondered if TG had pulled it, or if it had just temporarily disappeared because of an IT glitch or schedule update?
Old May 11, 2018, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by gjbower
Hi all - I’m looking to book a redemption USM-BKK-HKG next year. Have been monitoring for a while waiting for it to become bookable, however as of yesterday the USM-BKK leg has disappeared.

Checked the TG website and it seems to be unavailable from summer 2018 onwards. I know the route is well served be PG so wondered if TG had pulled it, or if it had just temporarily disappeared because of an IT glitch or schedule update?
i see 2 daily flights of TG with their own 737 in Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov
this would have been in the media if TG pulls out and also would come as a big surprise
Old May 11, 2018, 9:46 am

Hi BinSabai - looking on the TG website, the last day it’s available for booking is 2 September - although it does still appear in the timetables indefinitely.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
USM canceled
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29742599-post1.html
Old May 11, 2018, 12:02 pm

D'oh! Back to the drawing board then.

A shame as USM-BKK-HKG was looking like a very nice use of 12500 Aegean miles next Easter!

Hopefully it makes a return.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
I've got a 1.5 hour connection coming up. KUL-BKK-HKG. Will there be anytime to dive into a (Priority Pass) lounge? Not flown into BKK before so have no idea what's what.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by bmibaby737
I've got a 1.5 hour connection coming up. KUL-BKK-HKG. Will there be anytime to dive into a (Priority Pass) lounge? Not flown into BKK before so have no idea what's what.
probably around 20-30 minutes depending on arrival and departure gate and whether transit security is busy or not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.