Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue
RGN-BKK on TG and BKK-IST on TK

I have a question which I cannot find the answer to.

If I buy a revenue ticket RGN-BKK on TG in Y, and an award ticket BKK-IST on TK in J, will TG check my bag through to IST?

Less important - would I be allowed to use the TG lounge in RGN as I have a connecting long haul in J?
Old May 5, 2015, 11:32 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
TG will check baggage through (you should have print outs of both tickets ready!)
no lounge access in RGN (if you are not *A Gold), but lounge access in BKK
Old May 6, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Blue
Thank you! Does that mean having baggage improves my chance of being re-accommodated in the event of a mis-connect? Whereas hand baggage only I would be at TK's mercy if stranded in BKK?
Old May 6, 2015, 3:45 am

not really
TK is not obliged to anything
I have no experience about TK's handling of such cases
Old May 6, 2015, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by lots@LHR
Thank you! Does that mean having baggage improves my chance of being re-accommodated in the event of a mis-connect? Whereas hand baggage only I would be at TK's mercy if stranded in BKK?
If your TG flight goes pear shaped the only responsible party for misconnecting will be you. For better or worse neither airline is under any obligation to reaccommodate you as you're on separate tix.

Of course should something of the like come to fruition you'd probably want to talk with both carriers to see what can be done.
Old May 6, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club

I have been looking for a few weeks now at award travel from SYD-BKK next spring. It seems that TG bookings have been stuck on 26 March for a while now (furthest out bookings). Any idea when later dates will start to be available, even for paid tickets. i'm guessing it has to do with the northern summer 2016 schedule not finalized yet?
Old May 6, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by raybolt
I have been looking for a few weeks now at award travel from SYD-BKK next spring. It seems that TG bookings have been stuck on 26 March for a while now (furthest out bookings). Any idea when later dates will start to be available, even for paid tickets. i'm guessing it has to do with the northern summer 2016 schedule not finalized yet?
Haha, I reckon this question pops up every 6 months or so with every rotation of the schedule. TG does things in it's own time and wonders why it misses out on bookings. It could be at least a couple of months till they put it in the system, it could be less, who knows.
Old May 7, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club
Originally Posted by travelislife

Haha, I reckon this question pops up every 6 months or so with every rotation of the schedule. TG does things in it's own time and wonders why it misses out on bookings. It could be at least a couple of months till they put it in the system, it could be less, who knows.
Thanks for the quick reply, i'll just keep checking
Old May 8, 2015, 12:22 pm

Thai 693 LAX-BKK

Currently I am booked LAX-BKK in business class on Thai 693. I understand this is an angled-flat seat. I have a few extra questions about this route.

1) Do they try to serve the meal after take-off, or being in Business can you get your meal on request. I expect I will be ready to sleep after takeoff as this flight leaves past 1:30 am local time and I will be coming from the east coast so it will feel like 4:30 am. My only other business experience is on ANA, where you could request your meal anytime. As a side note, ANA had a separate menu of snack foods/smaller meals you could request anytime. Does TG offer something similar outside the main meal? I couldn't find a menu.

2) This flight has a stop over in ICN. Is this an actual aircraft change? Do we get our passports checked as we transit through?

Thank you in advance. Best,
Old May 8, 2015, 1:07 pm

Problem booking on Thai website with US CC

I'm trying to book a one-way revenue biz from HYD-BKK-ICN-LAX on Thai Airways website but CC has been declined multiple times even though I have called my CC and gotten pre-auth. They say no request is coming through and the merchant is declining. I get the feeling this is because the website blocks U.S. based CCs or CCs that are not based in the country of origin maybe.

The same thing happened to me with Air Asia a while back and I had to call their phone reservations and read them the card over the phone.

The problem here is that neither the LAX office nor the HYD reservations office take payment over the phone! And the price they quote is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the website price, which they will not match.

Anyone had prior experience using a U.S. based credit card to pay for a Thai airways booking online?
Old May 8, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by filmimiles
I'm trying to book a one-way revenue biz from HYD-BKK-ICN-LAX on Thai Airways website but CC has been declined multiple times even though I have called my CC and gotten pre-auth. They say no request is coming through and the merchant is declining. I get the feeling this is because the website blocks U.S. based CCs or CCs that are not based in the country of origin maybe.

The same thing happened to me with Air Asia a while back and I had to call their phone reservations and read them the card over the phone.

The problem here is that neither the LAX office nor the HYD reservations office take payment over the phone! And the price they quote is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the website price, which they will not match.

Anyone had prior experience using a U.S. based credit card to pay for a Thai airways booking online?
I've used UK and HK issued credit cards for booking TG flights that are starting from FRA and CDG.

I find it hard to believe LAX/HYD office can't take payment over the phone or because it's a US CC. HK office would process my FRA-BKK flight using my UK credit card without any problems.

One thing you might want to check is the expiry date of your CC is not before your date of travel. I had TG office asked me for a diff CC in that situation.

Given that it's weekend in Asia and Europe, your best chance is to call BKK directly and be patient with the agent as you are likely to have to repeat things a few times and speak very slowly.

Best Wishes.
Old May 8, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by EastCoastCalifornian
Currently I am booked LAX-BKK in business class on Thai 693. I understand this is an angled-flat seat. I have a few extra questions about this route.

1) Do they try to serve the meal after take-off, or being in Business can you get your meal on request. I expect I will be ready to sleep after takeoff as this flight leaves past 1:30 am local time and I will be coming from the east coast so it will feel like 4:30 am. My only other business experience is on ANA, where you could request your meal anytime. As a side note, ANA had a separate menu of snack foods/smaller meals you could request anytime. Does TG offer something similar outside the main meal? I couldn't find a menu.

2) This flight has a stop over in ICN. Is this an actual aircraft change? Do we get our passports checked as we transit through?

Thank you in advance. Best,
1) Not in C class for TG unfortunately (F yes) but I had fallen asleep (with the seat up) before during meal time (Super easy when you are taking TG910) and woke up when they were wrapping up the dessert course and the FA was kind enough to serve me.
Yes TG serve snacks in between meals in C, usually they are roast pork noodle soup (MAMA) and sandwiches. On day flights I had asked for fruits and that was fine too.

2) No aircraft change unless you deliberately booked your ICN-BKK sector on a diff TG flight no. Passports are checked sure, but you don't go through immigration.
Old May 8, 2015, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by kinchai
1) Not in C class for TG unfortunately (F yes) but I had fallen asleep (with the seat up) before during meal time (Super easy when you are taking TG910) and woke up when they were wrapping up the dessert course and the FA was kind enough to serve me.
Yes TG serve snacks in between meals in C, usually they are roast pork noodle soup (MAMA) and sandwiches. On day flights I had asked for fruits and that was fine too.

2) No aircraft change unless you deliberately booked your ICN-BKK sector on a diff TG flight no. Passports are checked sure, but you don't go through immigration.
2) in ICN it is actually a security check as you have to move from arrival level to departure level and this includes a check, whether boarding pass fits with passport. You can not take your waterbottle with you and it is usually compulsory to leave the aircraft as a cleaning takes place. Only in case of late arrival and if the crew wants to save time, they let continuing passengers on board

1) depends on the crew; I was able to postpone meal in C but maybe this depends on goodwill of the crew and status of passenger. I would ask for that anytime if I feel I would like to eat later
Old May 9, 2015, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by kinchai
I've used UK and HK issued credit cards for booking TG flights that are starting from FRA and CDG.

I find it hard to believe LAX/HYD office can't take payment over the phone or because it's a US CC. HK office would process my FRA-BKK flight using my UK credit card without any problems.

One thing you might want to check is the expiry date of your CC is not before your date of travel. I had TG office asked me for a diff CC in that situation.

Given that it's weekend in Asia and Europe, your best chance is to call BKK directly and be patient with the agent as you are likely to have to repeat things a few times and speak very slowly.

Best Wishes.
To clarify, the LAX office does take payment over the phone. However, the rate they quoted me was more than 4x the rate I was getting online, and they would not match. So that was not an option.

The HYD office rate was only a few hundred dollars off the online rate, but only takes payment in person. She said they have to physically swipe the card. She could "hold" a reservation over the phone and then someone would have to physically show up at their office within 72 hours and swipe a credit card or cash I guess.

The LAX office told me to email [email protected] to sort it out. I doubt this will accomplish anything but I've tried.
Old May 13, 2015, 5:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by filmimiles
To clarify, the LAX office does take payment over the phone. However, the rate they quoted me was more than 4x the rate I was getting online, and they would not match. So that was not an option.

The HYD office rate was only a few hundred dollars off the online rate, but only takes payment in person. She said they have to physically swipe the card. She could "hold" a reservation over the phone and then someone would have to physically show up at their office within 72 hours and swipe a credit card or cash I guess.

The LAX office told me to email [email protected] to sort it out. I doubt this will accomplish anything but I've tried.
What a ridiculous arrangement! What an incredible airline for 21st century! (rant from my recent booking experience which is similar to this)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.