Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by kkl
TG F handled everything. Baggage interlined on separate tickets checked all the way to final destination with CX.

As I checked in online for both legs, had to visit transfer desk in HKG to receive boarding and lounge passes. Was advised that they needed to key in the baggage tags into their system too as I checked in online.

Not sure how that works though..
This is normal. Anytime you visit a xfer desk they'll need your checked bag tags to ensure proper handling.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
according to this yes; if seperate ticket, it could be a problem as CX is quite restrictivehttps://www.thaiairways.com/en/Terms...e_partner.page
I believe this is only if checking in with CX. As OP was flying TG->CX this restriction doesn't matter.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I believe this is only if checking in with CX. As OP was flying TG->CX this restriction doesn't matter.
the other way round (check through at CX for TG on separate ticket) will not work for sure
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
This is normal. Anytime you visit a xfer desk they'll need your checked bag tags to ensure proper handling.
i had experienced TG to other *A Airline on separate tickets where this was not necessary and TG issued boarding pass for second leg
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the other way round (check through at CX for TG on separate ticket) will not work for sure
I will admit to not looking at the link you posted initially. In this case however TG-->CX would be no problem but, becasue CX has restrictions on through checking, CX-->OAL would be problematic except on the same ticket.

i had experienced TG to other *A Airline on separate tickets where this was not necessary and TG issued boarding pass for second leg
Correct, becasue you didn't need to go to the xfer desk as you already had your BPs in hand printed from the initial airline and within the record. If you only had a subset of BPs printed and needed to get more at a Xfer desk then you'd need to present your checked baggage stubs.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: Emirates Gold
Does anyone have the contact information for Thai (Bangkok) I want to request the Lobster for my flight back to London on Saturday but the online service seems to not work and defaults back to the initial meal option. I've tried the email address on their website but its bounced back and the number doesn't work.
Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by chelseastu
Does anyone have the contact information for Thai (Bangkok) I want to request the Lobster for my flight back to London on Saturday but the online service seems to not work and defaults back to the initial meal option. I've tried the email address on their website but its bounced back and the number doesn't work.
Thanks
02 545 4216
in case you call from abroad, put Country Code in front (66) and skip the 0
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:41 am
kkl

Need some guidance on redeeming ROP miles.

Is a stop over allowed in BKK for one way awards?

Having a quick read of the t/c on TG website, all sectors need to be confirmed before ticket is issued. Thus how we search award inventory?

Does TG release more seats to it's own members than star partners?
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: Emirates Gold
02 545 4216
in case you call from abroad, put Country Code in front (66) and skip the 0
Thanks. Much oblidged
Old Jan 27, 2018, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by chelseastu
Thanks. Much oblidged
you are welcome!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, GarudaMiles, Qmiles
Dear Flyertalk members, would you guys help me with advice/suggestion?

We will travel to Bangkok from Europe with QR and arrive in Suvarnabhumi Airport around 06:55.
We are planning to buy TG tickets to Jakarta which will depart in same day on 14:25, in J class.
There will be around 5 hours to kill so we have a plan to see Bangkok a little bit.

I think we can use self check-in kiosk and also deliver our baggages, can’t we?
If yes, how about the lounge invitation?
Is it possible to use our boarding passes as lounge invitation?
Or should we wait until the check in kiosk is open to get it?

Thank you, in advance
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Book now or later?

Hello TG forum

I’m flying TK to BKK in December and while I’m there I want to fly TG to PNH for a couple of days.

I’m looking at flights and the cheapest economy saver tickets are coming in at THB 9,350 but I note that flights next month are as cheap as THB 5,775.

Is this as cheap as the fares in December are going to get or is it TG’s practice to release discount fare tickets nearer to departure (in this case Decembers) and if so, how long before?

Can I have a second question, please? Is there a charge for seat selection on TG? I’m *G if that is of any consequence.

many thanks
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by andi1985
Dear Flyertalk members, would you guys help me with advice/suggestion?

We will travel to Bangkok from Europe with QR and arrive in Suvarnabhumi Airport around 06:55.
We are planning to buy TG tickets to Jakarta which will depart in same day on 14:25, in J class.
There will be around 5 hours to kill so we have a plan to see Bangkok a little bit.

Thank you, in advance
Thai does not use lounge invitations, they scan your boarding pass at the lounge to check eligibility.

Once you arrive from QR, you can check in with Thai, drop your bags, and head off to the city.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by andi1985

luckily you are traveling in J so you can check in any time in advance at the same time.
you can afterwards come back, go to TG's fast track and do security and Immigration within a short time. Your Boarding pass is the entrance ticket (as already mentioned by CPH-Flyer) to TG Lounges or SQ or EVA
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by CoweyB
I’m flying TK to BKK in December and while I’m there I want to fly TG to PNH for a couple of days.

I’m looking at flights and the cheapest economy saver tickets are coming in at THB 9,350 but I note that flights next month are as cheap as THB 5,775.

Is this as cheap as the fares in December are going to get or is it TG’s practice to release discount fare tickets nearer to departure (in this case Decembers) and if so, how long before?

Can I have a second question, please? Is there a charge for seat selection on TG? I’m *G if that is of any consequence.
promotional fares are released 1-3 months before the flights, but not all flights will have promotional fares
no charge for seat selection, but whether you can do seat selection in advance depends on fare base and status

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.