Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Old Mar 26, 15, 7:44 pm
  #61  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,328
Originally Posted by Sunburn644 View Post
3 bags, was delayed from arriving friday morning (passengers landed at Perth at 7 AM friday) got luggage back Saturday night so about 36 hour delay. Anyone know who to email and what's the normal compensation?
Didn't you file a lost baggage form at the airport; usually there would be some contact info on it.
Otherwise try your nearest TG office
BinSabai is offline  
Old Mar 27, 15, 10:44 am
  #62  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Flight changes

The Thai airways website is so obsolete that you can't change your flights nor make amendments to your iteniary. The phone numbers are impossible to reach a human being on the other end. Also the working hours are only open on weekdays, from 9 to 5.30. So how does a customer change his flights on weekends? I would appreciate it if someone from the airline can call me using the details in my flight ref # 3FFAH7 to make my flight changes as my flight is tomorrow afternoon.

It's so tiring for customers to try differ methods to reach the airline as its almost impossible to contact the office. It's almost to the point of being embarrassing for me to contact the airline but I have run out of options.

Regards
Aaron tan
Aaron tan is offline  
Old Mar 27, 15, 12:27 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Baltimore
Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, AA, WN
Posts: 128
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
Didn't you file a lost baggage form at the airport; usually there would be some contact info on it.
Otherwise try your nearest TG office
I did, I have the ref# they said something about contacting Thai ( i have just arrived on the red eye, I was not even 75%) but didnt provide anything beyond a ref#( which is only because of the emails they sent me about it. ). Guess I'll try the TG office in the USA, I assume it's east coast somewhere, thanks.
Sunburn644 is offline  
Old Mar 27, 15, 7:48 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne
Programs: QF Gold
Posts: 1,068
Originally Posted by Aaron tan View Post
The Thai airways website is so obsolete that you can't change your flights nor make amendments to your iteniary. The phone numbers are impossible to reach a human being on the other end. Also the working hours are only open on weekdays, from 9 to 5.30. So how does a customer change his flights on weekends? I would appreciate it if someone from the airline can call me using the details in my flight ref # 3FFAH7 to make my flight changes as my flight is tomorrow afternoon.

It's so tiring for customers to try differ methods to reach the airline as its almost impossible to contact the office. It's almost to the point of being embarrassing for me to contact the airline but I have run out of options.

Regards
Aaron tan
Their phone line is open 24 hours in Bangkok, give them a call.
travelislife is offline  
Old Mar 29, 15, 12:11 pm
  #65  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York
Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Posts: 514
Pajamas in F BKK-NRT red eye?

Does Thai provide pajamas in F on the red eye from Bangkok to Tokyo?
Emirates202 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 15, 4:17 am
  #66  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 6
I was hoping to get other people's experiences with check-in staff and ticket conditions. I've got a booking for 2 people from BKK - SIN and apparently it was part of a promotion whereby the fare was on the basis of 2 passengers.

My friend cannot make it and while looking to split the ticket and get a refund on the taxes for my friend's ticket, the nice lady at the call centre told me about the 2 passenger condition - which up until then I was blissfully unaware of (but presumably agreed to ).

She suggested I try and check-in anyway making sure I understood I may be knocked back. However, without saying as much she suggested I try to check in and hint that my friend's absence was due to a last minute emergency.

Has anyone had any experience with this sort of a situation at check in? Is the agent likely to care or even notice? Thanks!
wurblefurtz is offline  
Old Apr 19, 15, 1:41 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BSL
Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 150
Hi there,

Connecting as *G in Y from TG561 HAN-BKK (arriving 12.25pm) to TG 624 BKK-MNL (dept. 14.45pm) and got a couple of questions as travelling with infant:

1) How is breakfast option at HAN for us adults (instead of early-rise hotel breakfast)?
2) How long is the walk in BKK in transit and which is the nearest TG *G lounge to TG 624 with best lunch option?
3) Is there gate security check as in SIN or no security check for us anymore? If so, how strict is security for infant's bottled food/bottled water?
4) On the way out of MNL, does TG use the horrible MIASCOR lounge at NAIA T1 which I bitterly still remember from my last visit flying out with Asiana?

Thanks for your inputs!
fkaway is offline  
Old Apr 19, 15, 3:26 pm
  #68  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,328
Originally Posted by fkaway View Post
1) How is breakfast option at HAN for us adults (instead of early-rise hotel breakfast)?
2) How long is the walk in BKK in transit and which is the nearest TG *G lounge to TG 624 with best lunch option?
3) Is there gate security check as in SIN or no security check for us anymore? If so, how strict is security for infant's bottled food/bottled water?
4) On the way out of MNL, does TG use the horrible MIASCOR lounge at NAIA T1 which I bitterly still remember from my last visit flying out with Asiana?
1) you can have breakfast in the lounge and/or on the plane; I would never have a breakfast in the hotel in such a situation but rather sleep longer
2) not predictable as arrival/departure gates change frequently.
3) no! different system! from arriving plane you walk on arrival level to transit point at either A/B/C/D or E/F/G/D junction; walk up the stairs and go through security and then you are in the departure gate. There are TG lounges in D, C and E terminals and some other *A lounges. According to my observation they are quite strict on liquids but I usually do not travel with infants
4) last two times I travelled out of Manila, TG had their own lounge
BinSabai is offline  
Old Apr 19, 15, 7:57 pm
  #69  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: body: A stone's throw from SFO, mind: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 16,741
Originally Posted by fkaway View Post
2) How long is the walk in BKK in transit and which is the nearest TG *G lounge to TG 624 with best lunch option?
As BinSabai already stated the gate allocation is not fixed. As for the lounge my recommendation would be to go through the A/B/C/D confluence transit security (use the travelators on the 2nd floor to get there) and go to the BKK SKL in concourse A for lunch. While there are no plumbing facilities within the lounge it is far superior for food/drink than any TG (non-F) lounge.
dsquared37 is offline  
Old Apr 20, 15, 8:21 am
  #70  
formerly known as seanthepilot
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Don Muang, Thailand: AirAsia_Plat, UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_hater measly gold 4 life
Posts: 6,925
My simple question maybe best asked here.

I'm looking to fly a Thai Smile flight TG12XX from the Thai Airways website. The flight leaves from DMK.

Will I have lounge access on this flight? I have Star Gold. I haven't bought yet.
2lovelife is offline  
Old Apr 21, 15, 5:16 am
  #71  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: body: A stone's throw from SFO, mind: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 16,741
Originally Posted by 2lovelife View Post
My simple question maybe best asked here.

I'm looking to fly a Thai Smile flight TG12XX from the Thai Airways website. The flight leaves from DMK.

Will I have lounge access on this flight? I have Star Gold. I haven't bought yet.
If it's TG then no lounge access, no extra baggage and no *A benes at all. It doesn't matter where the ticket is purchased.
dsquared37 is offline  
Old Apr 22, 15, 2:09 pm
  #72  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BSL
Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
1) you can have breakfast in the lounge and/or on the plane; I would never have a breakfast in the hotel in such a situation but rather sleep longer
2) not predictable as arrival/departure gates change frequently.
3) no! different system! from arriving plane you walk on arrival level to transit point at either A/B/C/D or E/F/G/D junction; walk up the stairs and go through security and then you are in the departure gate. There are TG lounges in D, C and E terminals and some other *A lounges. According to my observation they are quite strict on liquids but I usually do not travel with infants
4) last two times I travelled out of Manila, TG had their own lounge
Thx for your inputs! Guess will have lounge breakfast followed by lounge lunch and wait for the gate lottery...
fkaway is offline  
Old Apr 22, 15, 2:13 pm
  #73  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BSL
Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
As BinSabai already stated the gate allocation is not fixed. As for the lounge my recommendation would be to go through the A/B/C/D confluence transit security (use the travelators on the 2nd floor to get there) and go to the BKK SKL in concourse A for lunch. While there are no plumbing facilities within the lounge it is far superior for food/drink than any TG (non-F) lounge.
Thx for your additional inputs! I was in the impression SQ's SKL only for J pax, not for *G in Y ?
fkaway is offline  
Old Apr 22, 15, 2:21 pm
  #74  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,328
Originally Posted by fkaway View Post
Thx for your additional inputs! I was in the impression SQ's SKL only for J pax, not for *G in Y ?
*G in Y as well; just in SIN they have separate lounge for business class passenger and *G
BinSabai is offline  
Old Apr 22, 15, 3:05 pm
  #75  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: BSL
Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 150
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
*G in Y as well; just in SIN they have separate lounge for business class passenger and *G

Much appreciated, thx for clarification, good to know! ^
fkaway is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: