Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Sunburn644
3 bags, was delayed from arriving friday morning (passengers landed at Perth at 7 AM friday) got luggage back Saturday night so about 36 hour delay. Anyone know who to email and what's the normal compensation?
Didn't you file a lost baggage form at the airport; usually there would be some contact info on it.
Otherwise try your nearest TG office
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:44 am

Flight changes

The Thai airways website is so obsolete that you can't change your flights nor make amendments to your iteniary. The phone numbers are impossible to reach a human being on the other end. Also the working hours are only open on weekdays, from 9 to 5.30. So how does a customer change his flights on weekends? I would appreciate it if someone from the airline can call me using the details in my flight ref # 3FFAH7 to make my flight changes as my flight is tomorrow afternoon.

It's so tiring for customers to try differ methods to reach the airline as its almost impossible to contact the office. It's almost to the point of being embarrassing for me to contact the airline but I have run out of options.

Regards
Aaron tan
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, WN CP
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Didn't you file a lost baggage form at the airport; usually there would be some contact info on it.
Otherwise try your nearest TG office
I did, I have the ref# they said something about contacting Thai ( i have just arrived on the red eye, I was not even 75%) but didnt provide anything beyond a ref#( which is only because of the emails they sent me about it. ). Guess I'll try the TG office in the USA, I assume it's east coast somewhere, thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Aaron tan
The Thai airways website is so obsolete that you can't change your flights nor make amendments to your iteniary. The phone numbers are impossible to reach a human being on the other end. Also the working hours are only open on weekdays, from 9 to 5.30. So how does a customer change his flights on weekends? I would appreciate it if someone from the airline can call me using the details in my flight ref # 3FFAH7 to make my flight changes as my flight is tomorrow afternoon.

It's so tiring for customers to try differ methods to reach the airline as its almost impossible to contact the office. It's almost to the point of being embarrassing for me to contact the airline but I have run out of options.

Regards
Aaron tan
Their phone line is open 24 hours in Bangkok, give them a call.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Pajamas in F BKK-NRT red eye?

Does Thai provide pajamas in F on the red eye from Bangkok to Tokyo?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:17 am

I was hoping to get other people's experiences with check-in staff and ticket conditions. I've got a booking for 2 people from BKK - SIN and apparently it was part of a promotion whereby the fare was on the basis of 2 passengers.

My friend cannot make it and while looking to split the ticket and get a refund on the taxes for my friend's ticket, the nice lady at the call centre told me about the 2 passenger condition - which up until then I was blissfully unaware of (but presumably agreed to ).

She suggested I try and check-in anyway making sure I understood I may be knocked back. However, without saying as much she suggested I try to check in and hint that my friend's absence was due to a last minute emergency.

Has anyone had any experience with this sort of a situation at check in? Is the agent likely to care or even notice? Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Hi there,

Connecting as *G in Y from TG561 HAN-BKK (arriving 12.25pm) to TG 624 BKK-MNL (dept. 14.45pm) and got a couple of questions as travelling with infant:

1) How is breakfast option at HAN for us adults (instead of early-rise hotel breakfast)?
2) How long is the walk in BKK in transit and which is the nearest TG *G lounge to TG 624 with best lunch option?
3) Is there gate security check as in SIN or no security check for us anymore? If so, how strict is security for infant's bottled food/bottled water?
4) On the way out of MNL, does TG use the horrible MIASCOR lounge at NAIA T1 which I bitterly still remember from my last visit flying out with Asiana?

Thanks for your inputs!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by fkaway
1) How is breakfast option at HAN for us adults (instead of early-rise hotel breakfast)?
2) How long is the walk in BKK in transit and which is the nearest TG *G lounge to TG 624 with best lunch option?
3) Is there gate security check as in SIN or no security check for us anymore? If so, how strict is security for infant's bottled food/bottled water?
4) On the way out of MNL, does TG use the horrible MIASCOR lounge at NAIA T1 which I bitterly still remember from my last visit flying out with Asiana?
1) you can have breakfast in the lounge and/or on the plane; I would never have a breakfast in the hotel in such a situation but rather sleep longer
2) not predictable as arrival/departure gates change frequently.
3) no! different system! from arriving plane you walk on arrival level to transit point at either A/B/C/D or E/F/G/D junction; walk up the stairs and go through security and then you are in the departure gate. There are TG lounges in D, C and E terminals and some other *A lounges. According to my observation they are quite strict on liquids but I usually do not travel with infants
4) last two times I travelled out of Manila, TG had their own lounge
Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
As BinSabai already stated the gate allocation is not fixed. As for the lounge my recommendation would be to go through the A/B/C/D confluence transit security (use the travelators on the 2nd floor to get there) and go to the BKK SKL in concourse A for lunch. While there are no plumbing facilities within the lounge it is far superior for food/drink than any TG (non-F) lounge.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:21 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
My simple question maybe best asked here.

I'm looking to fly a Thai Smile flight TG12XX from the Thai Airways website. The flight leaves from DMK.

Will I have lounge access on this flight? I have Star Gold. I haven't bought yet.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
My simple question maybe best asked here.

I'm looking to fly a Thai Smile flight TG12XX from the Thai Airways website. The flight leaves from DMK.

Will I have lounge access on this flight? I have Star Gold. I haven't bought yet.
If it's TG then no lounge access, no extra baggage and no *A benes at all. It doesn't matter where the ticket is purchased.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
1) you can have breakfast in the lounge and/or on the plane; I would never have a breakfast in the hotel in such a situation but rather sleep longer
2) not predictable as arrival/departure gates change frequently.
3) no! different system! from arriving plane you walk on arrival level to transit point at either A/B/C/D or E/F/G/D junction; walk up the stairs and go through security and then you are in the departure gate. There are TG lounges in D, C and E terminals and some other *A lounges. According to my observation they are quite strict on liquids but I usually do not travel with infants
4) last two times I travelled out of Manila, TG had their own lounge
Thx for your inputs! Guess will have lounge breakfast followed by lounge lunch and wait for the gate lottery...
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
As BinSabai already stated the gate allocation is not fixed. As for the lounge my recommendation would be to go through the A/B/C/D confluence transit security (use the travelators on the 2nd floor to get there) and go to the BKK SKL in concourse A for lunch. While there are no plumbing facilities within the lounge it is far superior for food/drink than any TG (non-F) lounge.
Thx for your additional inputs! I was in the impression SQ's SKL only for J pax, not for *G in Y ?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:21 pm

Thx for your additional inputs! I was in the impression SQ's SKL only for J pax, not for *G in Y ?
*G in Y as well; just in SIN they have separate lounge for business class passenger and *G
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:05 pm

*G in Y as well; just in SIN they have separate lounge for business class passenger and *G

Much appreciated, thx for clarification, good to know! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.