Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:13 pm

Hi everyone,

It seems that lounge information shown on Thai website is conflicting with what is shown on star alliance website. Thai says star gold can "only" access Royal Orchid Lounge at Concourse E - West while star website says all 4 lounges in concourse C&E can let you in. I am flying NH Y BKK-NRT. Anyone has experience about this?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kema
Hi everyone,

It seems that lounge information shown on Thai website is conflicting with what is shown on star alliance website. Thai says star gold can "only" access Royal Orchid Lounge at Concourse E - West while star website says all 4 lounges in concourse C&E can let you in. I am flying NH Y BKK-NRT. Anyone has experience about this?
this would be pretty new; in the past they tried to reserve D lounge for J passengers only, no *Gold; but access was not consistent handled
where do you get this info?
the info on their website is plain wrong as according to this info, the other 4 lounges would be reserved for First and Platinum members; but those actually go to the F lounge!
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Hi everyone,

kema - Welcome to FlyerTalk. I have always been able to access any of the TG Royal Silk lounges on my NH Y BKK-NRT flights.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
And as a Star Alliance Gold member, you can also should also be able to access the Singapore Airlines and Eva lounges as well (providing they have the Star Gold logo).
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
this would be pretty new; in the past they tried to reserve D lounge for J passengers only, no *Gold; but access was not consistent handled
where do you get this info?
the info on their website is plain wrong as according to this info, the other 4 lounges would be reserved for First and Platinum members; but those actually go to the F lounge!
Yes. Hard to imagine all star J and star gold passenger are pushed into one lounge...
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
And as a Star Alliance Gold member, you can also should also be able to access the Singapore Airlines and Eva lounges as well (providing they have the Star Gold logo).
yes. Going to visit the newly renovated EVA lounge~
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
kema - Welcome to FlyerTalk. I have always been able to access any of the TG Royal Silk lounges on my NH Y BKK-NRT flights.
Thanks for your info! First time in BKK as star gold.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:37 am

Hi everybody, Sawatdee Kap !

I am traveling on TG930 from Bangkok to Paris next week in Business class. Today, I was unable to pre-order my meal as advertised on thaiairways site. After entering my booking code, it said "no special meals available". I am very desapointed because I think this is part of the service that should be offered for Business class !

I went to my thai airways local office and they finaly said that pre-order meals service is not available on all flights, including mine :-(

Am I just unlucky or is it a new rule to be able to pre-order your meal only by chance ?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by magicya
Hi everybody, Sawatdee Kap !

I am traveling on TG930 from Bangkok to Paris next week in Business class. Today, I was unable to pre-order my meal as advertised on thaiairways site. After entering my booking code, it said "no special meals available". I am very desapointed because I think this is part of the service that should be offered for Business class !

I went to my thai airways local office and they finaly said that pre-order meals service is not available on all flights, including mine :-(

Am I just unlucky or is it a new rule to be able to pre-order your meal only by chance ?
very strange as usually ex BKK they always offer pre-order meal for J and F.
you might call to their contact center (66) 2356-1111 and try your luck
Old Feb 15, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
yes. Going to visit the newly renovated EVA lounge~
last time i was at EVA lounge there was no Star Gold Logo.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
very strange as usually ex BKK they always offer pre-order meal for J and F.
you might call to their contact center (66) 2356-1111 and try your luck
I used their "contact us" service on thaiairways site and I got the following answer :
Dear Sir,

Thank you for e-mail date 15 February.

We are regret to inform you the preorder meal in Business class

For TG 930 routing Bangkok to Paris are temporary discontinue

Until further notice. We are sorry for inconvenience caused to you.

Best Regards,
That is polite indeed... but does not solve the problem :-(
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by magicya
I used their "contact us" service on thaiairways site and I got the following answer :
Dear Sir,

Thank you for e-mail date 15 February.

We are regret to inform you the preorder meal in Business class

For TG 930 routing Bangkok to Paris are temporary discontinue

Until further notice. We are sorry for inconvenience caused to you.

Best Regards,
That is polite indeed... but does not solve the problem :-(
First world problem... You won't go hungry!

How many other airlines do offer this?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by vbroucek
First world problem... You won't go hungry!

How many other airlines do offer this?
You're right ! But you could reply the same to many posts in this forum.

Like most people here, I am just willing to optimize my flight experience... Considering that Business class is quite expensive and is not only traveling safe front point A to point B.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
magicya , I was responding to your "but does not solve the problem :-(". I do not see that as a problem. As a matter of the fact, they do offer the same service on MEL-BKK and BKK-MEL, but I cannot book it because I am ticketed by OS. Is that problem? No it is not.

Actually, last time I pre-ordered, my wife did not and her meal was better than mine. Last time I booked the chef on SQ, I asked for a meal from standard menu because it was more appealing than what they brought to me... So, lately, I do not bother with pre-ordering and so far, enjoying what is on offer.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold; HH Diamond; Hyatt Plat
PVG transfer question

transferring from ORD-PVG-BKK flight at PVG. single UA award ticket.

arriving on UA, departing on TG.

anyone have any insight whether TG has an airside transfer desk at PVG? or will I need to immigrate into China and then check back in?

thanks in advance....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.