Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Old Nov 11, 22, 9:37 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen View Post
Hi there, will be doing BKK-SIN-ZRH with first segment in SQ J and second on LX F

Can anyone please confirm if the Royal First lounge:
-will be accessible? TG site states okay with same say F pass on *A, but doesn't mention it having to be from BKK, so I'd hasard a yes here.
-is worth the detour from the SilverKris? Again I'd like to assume a yes!

Thanks in advance
there is no Royal First Lounge anymore...there is a part of the Thai Prestige lounge separated and reserved for F passengers and ROP Platinum members; It is never crowded and you get servied (I posted some pictures), but the food is not great at all (in fact, Turkish and Eva lounge have better food and so might the reopened SQ lounge (while choice of beverage is better in TG F)...

whether you get access in your situation depends on the lounge attendant as the rule is not 100% clear, but i would say yes...After you went through fast track, you will pass anyway first TG Prestige lounge (even you head to another lounge) and could ask there
let us know the outcome
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Nov 12, 22, 5:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Miles & More pleb
Looks like mixed responses so I will be giving it a try and report back to this thread!

Definitely more interested in the drinks option than the food since I will be able to get decent options at SIN and on LX. So need to leave some available space

It's very easy to leave space when you travel in Euro J from the Aspire Manchester. With the quality of Asian lounges and airlines I'm more scared that I'll go overboard and stuff myself to the point the 777 will have problems taking off.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 12, 22, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

It's very easy to leave space when you travel in Euro J from the Aspire Manchester. With the quality of Asian lounges and airlines I'm more scared that I'll go overboard and stuff myself to the point the 777 will have problems taking off.
I wouldnt worry about that in this case! BKK lounges arent renowned for their food - although the pide in the Turkish lounge is quite moreish! And SQ these days in business class is also underwhelming food wise.

I agree the best food will be on your LX flight. Save your appetite for there!
Old Nov 12, 22, 7:56 pm

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Looks like mixed responses so I will be giving it a try and report back to this thread!
As noted above, *A usual policy is that you can only access the appropriate lounge for the next sector, so in your case NOT the F lounge in BKK, just one if the *A business class lounges. This is quite different to OW.

That said, you could ask and who knows what might happen; but expect to be declined.
Old Nov 13, 22, 3:30 am

I tried to ask and indeed was declined, but you don't win if you don't play.

Decided to check out the royal orchid lounge anyway and as you already mentioned upthread the FC section is just a cordon within the same lounge.

No champagne, some decent whiskeys. Food selection very underwhelming.

Sipped an espresso and will make my way to silver kris for hopefully a glass of champagne.

The good thing about the royal orchid lounge is it's huge, not crowded, plenty of charging spots and seat is comfortable.
Old Nov 13, 22, 3:43 am

Mea culpa. It looks like I had stumbled upon the hallal corner and thought that was it

Now that I have actually found the main buffet, the food selection is quite extensive. Tried a tiny bit of spicy pork curry and it was frankly delicious.

Leaving the lounge with a good impression now
Thai-Kiwi and BinSabai like this.
Old Nov 13, 22, 4:04 am

Silver Kris is absoluty overcrowded! Had to sit at the bar. But they do have champagne Looks like most *A flyers know where to go!
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Nov 13, 22, 4:56 am

Silver Kris is absoluty overcrowded! Had to sit at the bar. But they do have champagne Looks like most *A flyers know where to go!
Usually the SQ lounge in BKK will not have champagne (in the past), but a usually decent sparkling NV.

Was there actually champagne? If so can you report the type?
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 13, 22, 4:59 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
They do have a half-decent champagne (or is it Prosecco, I forgot?) in the Prestige lounge actually.

Glad you found food to your liking
Old Nov 13, 22, 7:37 am

TG F section has champagne
SQ usually only a sparkling wine (not even Prosecco)...if they actually really have champagne, I would be interested to know as well
Old Nov 13, 22, 9:25 am

SQ was proper Champagne, as seen on bottle, but was an unkown brand that I now do not remember, sorry!

it tasted just fine, a little bit on the sour side, definitely.champagne tho.

TG only had prosecco.

Silverkris lounges around the world always have had champagne as far as I can remember.

(But I usually travel with ST...)
Old Nov 13, 22, 1:56 pm

Silverkris lounges around the world always have had champagne as far as I can remember.
Sadly, this is not so. The SQ SKL lounges in MEL and SYD mast 2 weeks both had a Marlborough NZ Mumm - a nice enough drop but not champagne.

And as far as I can recall (early 2000s), the SQ lounge in BKK has never had champagne. An pretty sure no champagne in LHR either.

I have had champagne in the SKL in SIN and HKG. The SQ thread is probably the best place to discuss this.
BinSabai and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Nov 13, 22, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
Sadly, this is not so. The SQ SKL lounges in MEL and SYD mast 2 weeks both had a Marlborough NZ Mumm - a nice enough drop but not champagne.

And as far as I can recall (early 2000s), the SQ lounge in BKK has never had champagne. An pretty sure no champagne in LHR either.

I have had champagne in the SKL in SIN and HKG. The SQ thread is probably the best place to discuss this.
fully agreed! never saw any champagne in SQ lounge in BKK and also other SQ lounges except those in SIN (Silver Kris only, not the *G)

different people might have a different concept about what is champagne, prosecco, sparkling wine produced with mthode champenoise and other sparkling wine....
Thai-Kiwi and SKT-DK like this.
Old Nov 22, 22, 3:00 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
Hi all!

My SO and I are flying Siem Reap - BKK on Bangkok Airways, and exactly three hours later connect on the BKK-KIX TG service (as part of a United award ticket that takes us back to Mexico).

He's Mexican, so requires a visa on arrival. I do not. We were wondering if it is possible for him to remain airside during that connection, avoiding the cost of a second VoA. So, we have these questions:

- Are international transits without going through immigration allowed in BKK?
- Can Bangkok Airways thru check bags to TG? If not, can I pick up both bags and check them into TG? (The allowance for one passenger should include 2 bags)
- Is there a TG transit desk where he can get a boarding pass, in case online check in doesn't work?

Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 22, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by asar View Post
Hi all!

My SO and I are flying Siem Reap - BKK on Bangkok Airways, and exactly three hours later connect on the BKK-KIX TG service (as part of a United award ticket that takes us back to Mexico).

He's Mexican, so requires a visa on arrival. I do not. We were wondering if it is possible for him to remain airside during that connection, avoiding the cost of a second VoA. So, we have these questions:

- Are international transits without going through immigration allowed in BKK?
- Can Bangkok Airways thru check bags to TG? If not, can I pick up both bags and check them into TG? (The allowance for one passenger should include 2 bags)
- Is there a TG transit desk where he can get a boarding pass, in case online check in doesn't work?

Thanks!
Hi there,

Yes. There is just a security check to move from arrivals level (ground) to departures (2).
Yes, if all on one ticket. If on separate tickets then PG are under no obligation to thru check bags to TG. They might do so if you ask, but dont be disappointed if they wont.
Yes, once on departure level, the transit desks are at the conjunction of concourses B/C/D and D/E/F/G.
SKT-DK, asar and BinSabai like this.

Search this Thread