Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2022, 2:30 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
TG is the Marketing Carrier and so is responsible for the ticket until the flights go to Load Control at the airport (usually within 24 hours of departure), at which point check-in and any disruptions are handled by the Operating Carrier. Usually …
In that case, my first question is still applicable - is there a Thai desk at LHR/ is it any good / what time is it open?
thanks
Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
In that case, my first question is still applicable - is there a Thai desk at LHR/ is it any good / what time is it open?
thanks
I'll leave that for others, so it's: dunno/dunno/dunno.

I have never departed the UK on TG as I refused to pay the UK government the exorbitant First/Business Class cabin surcharge (APD). Flew EasyJet or SAS UK to Europe and departed on TG from FRA or OSL.
restlessinRNO and Stewie Mac like this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jun 14, 2022 at 4:31 pm
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:20 am

Programs: TG Plat
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
thanks
There is a Thai desk at LHR T2 but I am not certain they could help you. It opens about 08:30. Go in the main departures door to the right of the 'sculpture', turn left and keep walking towards the coffee shop at the end. The Thai desk will be on your left about halfway to the coffee shop,
Alternatively just call the London office, they have good people. They might, as might LHR, have to refer you to your original booking office or agent but will still be able to give some advice.
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:00 am

Hello! Flying BKK-SIN in July in J on 359 with P2 and currently have 14J and 15K. Is this the most ideal scenario for 2 people traveling together or would the middle seats be better? Is the choice essentially what we have if you value having a window seat vs an E/F row if you value actually sitting next to one another?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The middle seats (E/F)are great for couples. The J &K option you mention would is not preferred, and if E/F pair is not available, then we would move to window-side single seats for privacy - especially if sleeping is desired. Your J & K selection would be a lower preference.

Priorty for a couple IMHO is any E/F, then separated A or K seats, and after that whatever minimises the aisle seating - probably going for mid-cabin.
rariya likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by rariya
Hello! Flying BKK-SIN in July in J on 359 with P2 and currently have 14J and 15K. Is this the most ideal scenario for 2 people traveling together or would the middle seats be better? Is the choice essentially what we have if you value having a window seat vs an E/F row if you value actually sitting next to one another?
I’m completely opposite to Thai-Kiwi!

As a couple we both prefer window seats. Control of the shades, ability to look out the window. More sense of personal space and privacy. There’s only so much interaction you can have as a couple when you have headphones on watching a movie, or sleeping. You can talk during the meal, but have to be mindful of other pax anyway. So it’s not like there’s long conversations.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LHR/MEL/Europe FF I'm with you if by myself - but if with Mrs TK then I fall into line! That could be either E/F, or A/K (esp for overnights).
Old Jun 17, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
LHR/MEL/Europe FF I'm with you if by myself - but if with Mrs TK then I fall into line! That could be either E/F, or A/K (esp for overnights).
It’s more about personal preference. But I guess more people will choose your option than LHR/MEL/Europe FF option as this is what I understand from the people posting on this issue at the moment (together vs windows-seat wins 3 to 1).
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
well...the E/F seats are also called "honeymoon seats" and that says it all...you are really very very close together...
Old Jun 17, 2022, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I’m completely opposite to Thai-Kiwi!

As a couple we both prefer window seats. Control of the shades, ability to look out the window. More sense of personal space and privacy. There’s only so much interaction you can have as a couple when you have headphones on watching a movie, or sleeping. You can talk during the meal, but have to be mindful of other pax anyway. So it’s not like there’s long conversations.
Originally Posted by flyerby
It’s more about personal preference. But I guess more people will choose your option than LHR/MEL/Europe FF option as this is what I understand from the people posting on this issue at the moment (together vs windows-seat wins 3 to 1).
Originally Posted by BinSabai
well...the E/F seats are also called "honeymoon seats" and that says it all...you are really very very close together...

Ha! I love all the different opinions. We have 2 J legs with this config and I can't change one of them at this point (no seats open) so we're going to try it both ways! I'll report back with my preference
Thai-Kiwi and SKT-DK like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 6:00 pm
HAF

Originally Posted by rariya
Same dilemma for our upcoming flights (we have 4 long hauls on A359) and spouse and I have selected 12A and 15A on all of them. 14B /14J is very exposed to the aisle and not ideal especially on a long haul overnight. We both plan to sleep for the majority of the time and since we prefer privacy, extra storage/ space and views that made sense especially since we will be spending a lot of time together once we reach our destination. E/F although are isolated from the aisle in my opinion they are not as private since they are in the middle of the cabin - and not provide the little bit extra storage by the window. But again for 2 people traveling together maybe the priorities are different.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by HAF
Same dilemma for our upcoming flights (we have 4 long hauls on A359) and spouse and I have selected 12A and 15A on all of them. 14B /14J is very exposed to the aisle and not ideal especially on a long haul overnight. We both plan to sleep for the majority of the time and since we prefer privacy, extra storage/ space and views that made sense especially since we will be spending a lot of time together once we reach our destination. E/F although are isolated from the aisle in my opinion they are not as private since they are in the middle of the cabin - and not provide the little bit extra storage by the window. But again for 2 people traveling together maybe the priorities are different.
the E/F middle seats provide the same privacy (for a couple) as the window seats (A/K)...
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Travelling with an infant in C

For a couple with 1 infant on BKK to MEL return on a 359 in C - which bassinet seat is better? Row 11 or 19? Can we book both center seats and be sure they won't move one of us to make room for another baby?

Any other comments or tips?
thanks
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have a reservation in October - flying cheapest economy on the outbound and cheapest business on the inbound. What baggage rules will apply?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:12 am

You say you are BAEC Gold, so assuming you are in the UK, LHR-BKK in October gives this information for the route....20 kg checked baggage for the lowest fare on the TG website, and of course hand baggage also. TG tends to be quite generous in their baggage allowance.

If you booked through somewhere other than the TG website, you would be best asking the booking agent you used!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.