Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:37 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AnttiV
This has probably been asked before but my search skills failed me.

Do Non-ROP Star Gold members get 20kg extra baggage allowance on WE operated TG marketed flights?
Only ROP members get status benefits on WE except for Star Gold on through-bookings via the Star Alliance Connecting Partner scheme, which is only for single-ticket bookings between Austrian, Lufthansa, Swiss, Thai Airways and Thai Smile.

https://www.thaismileair.com/en/star-alliance-cp
BinSabai and AnttiV like this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:08 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Currently in HKT, with the unused return HKT-LHR, but have just been invited to a wedding in DEL.

Ticket is a FLEX economy, offering a flight and date change for $100, (have already made one change). Is there any way for me to salvage some value of this ticket if I want to get to DEL? is there some underlying coupon value that TG will let me use for a route change?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 1:54 pm

Hello, which International lounges are currently open at BKK?

The Thai Airways site says all are closed. But the Star Alliance Lounge finder says some are open.

Thx
Old Dec 16, 2021, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by 108912

The Thai Airways site says all are closed. But the Star Alliance Lounge finder says some are open.

Thx
That is not correct. There are several lounges open in the international terminal, including Thai lounge, Miracle lounge, Turkish lounge and others. There is a thread in the Thailand forum discussing this topic. 😊
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 108912

Thx
Star Alliance lounges currently open in BKK:
Turkish (D towards D/E/F/G intersection)
TG Prestige (that's the newer one between D3 and D4, much better than the old in D)
SQ and EVA, as well as TG F and TG Spa are still closed
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:08 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Best (or only) way is to ask Thai Airways. You should however note that normal passenger flights to India are not permitted until 1 February 2022 - the permitted date has been extended more than once.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:57 pm

Programs: CX DM (OWE), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Hello, which is the best credit card has the best spend/ mile ratio? TH spend. Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Any way to check Thai award availability without any Smile points? I want to fly BKK-MNL but its like $500. I don't see availability on UA or AirCanada's site. I've checked a few times for Star Alliance availability (domestic) over the past 2 years and never see anything either. My guess is they disabled their Star Alliance availability.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: OZ / TG / VN
Originally Posted by beach86
Hello, which is the best credit card has the best spend/ mile ratio? TH spend. Thanks.
UOB Privimiles and SCB My Travel
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: United
Anyone had problems with United Mileageplus flight credit?

I flew LHR BKK on Dec21. When I booked the flight it wouldn't accept my Mileageplus number, so I had the agent enter it at checkin.

My boarding pass has the United member number on it.

When I looked at my United account there was no credit. When I submitted a claim online the response was:
"Denied.
Our records indicate that mileage for this flight has already been credited to another airline’s frequent flyer program. Therefore, this flight is ineligible for MileagePlus credit."

Any ideas?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:34 pm

I'm flying business with Thai Airways and SAS, BKK to LHR via ARN on 11th March. Will there be lounge access?

Also do I need a PCR test? I'm double vaccinated and everything I read appears that I do not and I only need to complete the passenger locator form.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Danny B
I'm flying business with Thai Airways and SAS, BKK to LHR via ARN on 11th March. Will there be lounge access?

Also do I need a PCR test? I'm double vaccinated and everything I read appears that I do not and I only need to complete the passenger locator form.
I think Sweden would require a "valid covid certificate" for transit, even if staying airside. Unless you have a EU/EEA passport.

Scroll down far enough on the page, and you will find that mentioned
https://polisen.se/en/the-swedish-po...d-from-sweden/
Danny B likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I think Sweden would require a "valid covid certificate" for transit, even if staying airside. Unless you have a EU/EEA passport.

I have a UK passport and my vaccination certificate is issued in thailand which is an approved country. I'll be staying airside, so looks like i should be fine.

Any idea what the lounge situation is at BKK? I emailed thai airways no reply, tried calling them and gave up after 30 minutes on hold.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Danny B
I have a UK passport and my vaccination certificate is issued in thailand which is an approved country. I'll be staying airside, so looks like i should be fine.

Any idea what the lounge situation is at BKK? I emailed thai airways no reply, tried calling them and gave up after 30 minutes on hold.
​​​​​​
I have not been to BKK, but my usually reliable sources say that the Royal Orchid lounges by D4 and E1 are open 5am to 2am.
Danny B likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:21 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
I have not been to BKK, but my usually reliable sources say that the Royal Orchid lounges by D4 and E1 are open 5am to 2am.
That is indeed the situation as per my understanding as well. In addition, the Miracle Lounge (Priority Pass) at D5 is open as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.