Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London cut to 1 a day?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
London cut to 1 a day?

From next winters timetable 26 Oct, only TG 910 & TG 911 are loaded (747).

Have TG 916 & 917 been officially cut? It's disappeared every day from the schedule rather than the sporadic cuts this winter season.

Note - I have searched - couldn't find anything. This would be an end of an era. Due to Heathrow''s slot usage restrictions they couldn't cut this flight for a month and bring it back in December.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
IMO it is quite unlikely that TG would take this route down to 1x daily, even if they up-gaged the metal to the A380. More likely that they have not loaded the evening flight in their reservation system yet.

SunLover
Old Dec 6, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
I have 916/917 bookings for mid 2015, made a week ago. No notifications since then and the flights are still showing in the online timetable.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by SunLover
IMO it is quite unlikely that TG would take this route down to 1x daily, even if they up-gaged the metal to the A380. More likely that they have not loaded the evening flight in their reservation system yet.

SunLover
Good argument. But you assume that Thai behaves logical.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by timster
I have 916/917 bookings for mid 2015, made a week ago. No notifications since then and the flights are still showing in the online timetable.
Yes, both flights loaded until October 26th, then 916/917 removed.

It's currently a conscious decision not to have these flights loaded, so maybe it's just keeping options open.

I mainly noted it as TG have loaded prices beyond 31 March on the London route far earlier than normal (some previous years nothing loaded in Jan for April...) so there have been some improvements.

Maybe TG are considering codesharing with their Star Alliance partner who has practically identically times flights (no substance to this, but saying it out aloud!).
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:17 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Yes, both flights loaded until October 26th, then 916/917 removed.
Oh OK. I understand now. "Winter" means different time of year to different people.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by timster
Oh OK. I understand now. "Winter" means different time of year to different people.
Indeed, unfortunately to me, 'Winter' means 'outside my window right now'
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
not so unlikely that TG will focus on one flight only ..
there are rumours they will give-up the evening flight from Frankfurt, too and other rumours that they might finally deploy the A380 to London, too.
If they are smart they try to make some money from the slot
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
If they are smart they try to make some money from the slot
And if the Thais cannot make money from a slot...
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Just had to check again - and still from 26 Oct - 01 Dec (last date can check) only 1 flight to London loaded (which is a 747).

Longer it goes on the less likely it is that that will add the 2nd flight. It's unusual as normally (i.e. if other airlines cut rotations) the regular schedule would show then when they officially cut the route simply rebook those onto the other flight.

Looks like flight cutting by stealth (well, no official comment).
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
......looks like flight cutting by stealth (well, no official comment).
honestly, I think its simply too early for a final answer (means: decision made by TGs management)
Yes, there are rumors about a change, but it's another 10 month until the winter timetable goes into effect, and that means (in TG's experience) ten more months of different answers like: "yes, we fly double-daily" and "no, we'll fly only once per day" (and last but not least: "sorry, Sir, we don't know yet"....)
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: TG Plat
It is highly unlikely anyone would give up a Heathrow slot. There is no way they would stop running 2 flights at the start of the peak season. Not only are December flights full but they cost more - highly profitable. Even running one A380 would not make sense in December compared to filling 2 747s - They swopped TG916/7 to a 747 from A340 for December this year.

In any event I intensely dislike TG911 day flight both from the difficulty of getting to Heathrow for 10am and the fact that I can sleep for 7 hours on TG917 so they would lose my business if they did stopped TG916/7
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
and other rumours that they might finally deploy the A380 to London, too.
I wonder when they will start that thing

All major airlines are operating their A380 to LHR, of course if they own it, with the exception to TG
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I wonder when they will start that thing

All major airlines are operating their A380 to LHR, of course if they own it, with the exception to TG
...and OZ, and KE, and CZ.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
A big problem for them on this route has to be their business class product, it is inferior to pretty much everyone else on the route, even their own Star partners! If you compare it to BR's product it doesn't even come close. Plenty of 1 stop options with flat beds as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.