Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways Offers Flight Simulator Sessions for Frequent Flyer Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways Offers Flight Simulator Sessions for Frequent Flyer Points

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
I did this with Malaysia Airlines around 15 years ago. Was a lot of fun. Had an hour in the 744 sim with one of their training pilots. At the time this was not something they publicized. They had a deal that you could use your miles for "anything" within reason & I had asked if time in the Sim was psbl. A few weeks later I was back in KL & they made it happen. A lot of fun & at the time a special experience. Not so special anymore considering besides this deal w Thai, EK has a full sim right at Dubai mall open to all with a reservation (30 min sessions) and its very cheap
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA MM (like it matters!) All of my flying was personal travel, and COVID-19 stopped that.
The program still exists at TG, although only for money, not for miles. They do not advertise it; you have to inquire.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by zarkov505
The program still exists at TG, although only for money, not for miles. They do not advertise it; you have to inquire.
Actually they currently advertise the program before some of their inflight movies. Do you happen to know how much they want for a sim session?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA MM (like it matters!) All of my flying was personal travel, and COVID-19 stopped that.
Originally Posted by riced
Actually they currently advertise the program before some of their inflight movies. Do you happen to know how much they want for a sim session?
That explains it. I essentially never fly TG unless IRROPS WX makes things interesting. With what AA is doing lately, I may have to reconsider.

I paid 20,000 baht for the session I took, and it was worth every satang!
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:10 pm

That explains it. I essentially never fly TG unless IRROPS WX makes things interesting. With what AA is doing lately, I may have to reconsider.

Thanks. I may have to try it for myself!! Do you happen to remember how long a session lasts for?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:25 am

Mine was 30 minutes briefing on safety and flight plan, one hour in the simulator.

They ask about your flying background, so they can tailor the plan to your experience.

Inquire well in advance, and be prepared to be flexible on your schedule, as they generally keep the simulators busy with recurrent and contract pilot training.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold

That's a huge jump from the 9900 miles they used to charge.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636
That's a huge jump from the 9900 miles they used to charge.
But a pretty great deal for pilots like myself who want to fly a full motion A380 sim!!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by riced
But a pretty great deal for pilots like myself who want to fly a full motion A380 sim!!
Matter of fact, as I was leaving, they introduced me to a very distinguished gentleman, looked to be Japanese, who was coming in to fly the A380 sim. I got the impression that he was a repeat customer.

Bt 20K is, at the current exchange rate, a bit north of US$600. $600/hr for Level D full sim time, with instructor pilot, is a pretty good deal, and, face it, there are not very many places on the planet where you can do that.

I plan to do it again, but I want to put in some more preparation before I do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.