Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways Thru Check Policy with separate tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Hi guys,

Does anyone have experience through checking luggage from TG to CX at BKK? I'm flying on TG from BKK to HKG and I'm trying to see if it's possible to catch a CX flight that departs 3 hours later. I found a couple posts that says TG is very chill about through checking at BKK, but that was from way back in 2009 and most of them were transferring to another *A airline. Please help! I think I'm losing hair over this Q_Q

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, HYATT GB, UA GOLD, MARRIOTT GOLD, HILTON GOLD, IHG PLT
You will have no problem with baggage transfer from TG to CX. Your bags will be tagged through to your final destination. Have your E-ticket numbers and itinerary handy for check-in agent at BKK.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:16 pm
soy

Programs: various
TG are pretty good with this, especially if you have *A status
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:08 pm
mk1

Programs: KE Morning Calm; AA Plat
You should be fine. I was able to check mine all the way through from TG to KE with separate tickets on a 7 hr layover in BKK. I just showed my onward KE itinerary to ICN at HKT at check-in, and it was as easy as could be.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by soy
TG are pretty good with this, especially if you have *A status
You won't get priority baggage handling with CX though..
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
You won't get priority baggage handling with CX though..
Either his luggage gets "priority" all the way or not at all. The luggage status is encoded in the barcode. The priority tags are just for show off or does anybody thinks each piece of luggage will be scanned by a human if it has some p-tag or not?

It is only a matter on the last leg. On all the previous flights his luggage travels on highest priority anyway. Higher than premium and status luggage to ensure the bags won't be left behind at a transit airport.

(No premium passager can ever notice that there is Y luggage highter prioritized than his.)
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I was able to check HKT-BKK-CDG on TG and CDG-OSL on SK which were separate tickets (yes they are *A so that helps). Just make sure you have your flight number, etix, iten and everything readily available for them.

Not sure if it's the case but when I was in CDG I stopped by the SK desk near the gates and showed them my bag claim stub and the agent said something like "Oh we don't have that in the system....(takes the tag)...*tap tap tap on the keys*...here you go thank you."

Not sure what/if that did anything but maybe wort a stop by the CX transfer desk?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Not sure if it's the case but when I was in CDG I stopped by the SK desk near the gates and showed them my bag claim stub and the agent said something like "Oh we don't have that in the system....(takes the tag)...*tap tap tap on the keys*...here you go thank you."

Not sure what/if that did anything but maybe wort a stop by the CX transfer desk?
Certainly, the OP needs to stop by at the CX transfer desk to let CX know of the check-in luggage from BKK. This also applies if you stop by the transfer desk to get a boarding card; please don't forget to show the bagage stub - otherwise your luggage will not be loaded on the next flight.

CX can not tell that you have checked in luggage with TG at BKK but will assume that you are travelling with hand luggage only.

Also in your case, it was very wise of you to inquire at SK transfer desk. If the agent had not registered your luggage, it would not have been loaded on the SK flight to OSL.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Also in your case, it was very wise of you to inquire at SK transfer desk. If the agent had not registered your luggage, it would not have been loaded on the SK flight to OSL.
I'm glad I did my own extra due diligence and did that! The check in agent at HKT was more concerned about telling me I would be disappointed because the 747 had changed to the 300 for HKT-BKK instead of that I should stop by the SK desk in CDG.
It was my first time checking through on separate tix so now I'm well prepared (and don't have any flights like that in the near future).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.