Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access in Sydney flying in Thai F

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 2:18 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I wonder that SQ F in Singapore is not mentioned. Have other *A F really access there?
They do. However, The Private Room is not a *A lounge so access rules are not the same as for the SKL F lounge.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by armagebedar
They do. However, The Private Room is not a *A lounge so access rules are not the same as for the SKL F lounge.
So this is a hidden exclusivity...
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
I have to say I was surprised how easy access to the SQ lounge was and how warmly welcomed. On presenting a TG boarding pass there was no question about whether I had access, I was led to the F side on the right, a host came out and explained the facilities and brought chilled champagne. I sat in one of the winged chairs by windows with a great view.

As their flight had recently departed, the food offerings were a little sparse so a chef came out of the kitchen and asked if he could cook anything fresh to order. They also said they would keep a pro-active eye on the monitors for me and let me know when to go the Gate.

It was quite frankly one of the best first-class lounge experiences I have had. The lounge itself is small, but empty when we arrived, and only one other person came in when I was there. I would rate it head and shoulders above the NZ Lounge, not that that is bad, just busy.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
I have to say I was surprised how easy access to the SQ lounge was and how warmly welcomed. On presenting a TG boarding pass there was no question about whether I had access, I was led to the F side on the right, a host came out and explained the facilities and brought chilled champagne. I sat in one of the winged chairs by windows with a great view.

As their flight had recently departed, the food offerings were a little sparse so a chef came out of the kitchen and asked if he could cook anything fresh to order. They also said they would keep a pro-active eye on the monitors for me and let me know when to go the Gate.

It was quite frankly one of the best first-class lounge experiences I have had. The lounge itself is small, but empty when we arrived, and only one other person came in when I was there. I would rate it head and shoulders above the NZ Lounge, not that that is bad, just busy.
Lucky you... I've always had a feeling of 'what are you doing here'? Unless flying SQ, of course...

NZ Lounge for me! ^

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:08 am

We were in the SQ FC lounge in Sydney in Feb 2014 on the way back to BKK on TG, and it is quite small, and except for the ~6 seats by the windows overlooking the tarmac it seemed semi-claustrophobic to me. Nothing to write home about. One of the staff was monopolizing one of the window seats to chat on her cell phone which was annoying. Veuve was on-hand, and they prepared a decent, though forgettable light meal for us. The food on the buffet was shrink-wrapped so it seemed we were there in between busy times. No issues at all getting in. The door to the lounge slides open very Star Trek-like.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
So many TG F pasengers use the SQ F lounge the agents dont think anything of it. I dont think the lounge would even be open at that time if it weren't for the TG flight. the only other passengers i saw were also on my TG flight
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
So many TG F pasengers use the SQ F lounge the agents dont think anything of it. I dont think the lounge would even be open at that time if it weren't for the TG flight. the only other passengers i saw were also on my TG flight
SQ has 4 flights per day SYD SIN, the first is earlier than the TG day flight, so it is open anyway from 0500, but closes after last SQ flight at 1900
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: Southwest ALP, United 2MM Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Thumbs up No issues at all with first class lounge access in SYD

Even with the bold YOU ARE INVITED TO THE AIR NEW ZEALAND LOUNGE printed on my Royal First boarding card, I was given a fairly warm welcome.

Just reminded as others that no boarding announcement is made for TG and if I had any questions on my ticket needed to go see Air NZ staff. Also, was asked if I was sure I wanted to use Silver Kris rather than Koru Club like it was a step down.

Once in the club was offered menu service at my seat and checked on every 10 minutes.

Peking duck was great and poached eggs to order made for a nice light starter.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by PebbleBeach
just to clarify as I can only guess the lounge you were: you had Beijing Duck at Singapore lounge in Sydney?
F or C lounge?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy

My experience as well.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
Lucky you... I've always had a feeling of 'what are you doing here'? Unless flying SQ, of course...

NZ Lounge for me! ^

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Inferiority complex you are where you should be.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:56 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Generally in MEL the person at the entry to the SQ lounge reminds me that TG uses the NZ lounge but then happily admits me to the SQ lounge with a smile. Most of the time it's "welcome hgp, please make yourself comfortable and remember we don't make TG boarding announcements".

Only on one occasion did the one of the people at the front desk say "no, *A Gold flying TG J do not get access the SQ lounge when there's a designated lounge for TG". She was a bit uppity about it but her (senior) colleague intervened rapidly and sharply to correct her.

Same experience in SYD - warmly welcomed to the NZ lounge when flying *A but not SQ.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by PebbleBeach
Even with the bold YOU ARE INVITED TO THE AIR NEW ZEALAND LOUNGE printed on my Royal First boarding card, I was given a fairly warm welcome.

Just reminded as others that no boarding announcement is made for TG and if I had any questions on my ticket needed to go see Air NZ staff. Also, was asked if I was sure I wanted to use Silver Kris rather than Koru Club like it was a step down.

Once in the club was offered menu service at my seat and checked on every 10 minutes.

That is not a warm welcome in my opinion
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: Southwest ALP, United 2MM Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Cool All good

Originally Posted by BinSabai
just to clarify as I can only guess the lounge you were: you had Beijing Duck at Singapore lounge in Sydney?
F or C lounge?
Yes, wrapped in a chinese pancake and was definitely made to order in the F lounge.

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
That is not a warm welcome in my opinion
You had to be there. The ladies were smiling and friendly on the way in, and asked if I enjoyed my stay and wished me a pleasant flight on the way out.

They didn't try to discourage me at all from utilizing the lounge, but I was expecting a bit of a struggle after hearing some of the hyperbole here.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: SQ, GA, QF
I will be flying with TG F in Nov. Have tried the Air NZ lounge before. After reading some comments here, I will definitely try the SQ lounge (unless if TG collapses first ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.