Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG Tickets Refundable After Check-in?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM, SkyTeam Gold, *A Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, mother's favorite son
TG Tickets Refundable After Check-in?

Is it possible to cancel a refundable Thai Airways ticket after checking in and receiving a boarding pass? I have a long layover at BKK connecting from a Thai first class flight and would love to use the Thai First lounge, for which I need an onward connection on TG metal. I'd like the option of canceling it from the lounge and taking the OneWorld flight instead if it's more convenient.

Has anyone successfully canceled post-check-in?
Old May 20, 2014, 11:43 am
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zeffer
Is it possible to cancel a refundable Thai Airways ticket after checking in and receiving a boarding pass? I have a long layover at BKK connecting from a Thai first class flight and would love to use the Thai First lounge, for which I need an onward connection on TG metal. I'd like the option of canceling it from the lounge and taking the OneWorld flight instead if it's more convenient.

Has anyone successfully canceled post-check-in?
Even after years on this and other FF forums I am still always baffled when people ask the community for help to cheat.... Especially, when these people are wealthy enough to fly in F.

But then again, maybe the only reason why they are well off is because they are regularly cheating!? Who knows!?
Old May 20, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Remember this guy...

http://nypost.com/2014/01/29/man-use...ee-for-a-year/
Old May 20, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
how exciting to be a moralist with high ethical standards and bash people who want to stress the rules a bit...

but as I am a honest and innocent guy, I can't help
Old May 21, 2014, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
To the OP: Are you kidding?

I hope TG would deny refund of the ticket in this situation (or charge the OP for entry to the lounge when refunding)
Old May 21, 2014, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by anaidross
Ha! I hadn't heard about this.

Then again I haven't read the post in 25 years.
Old May 21, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
if the airline is smart enough they will or at least should blacklist you (and you have surely deserved it...)
Such ........ behaviour only calls for more restrictions and new imposed barriers in order to enjoy any of the priviledges that other people work hard for
Old May 21, 2014, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM, SkyTeam Gold, *A Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, mother's favorite son
Hahaa… OP here. Yesss, it’s definitely a transgression to get the most out of a flight, on a forum dedicated to getting the most out of flying.

Refundable tickets are offered precisely so that passengers can change their minds for any reason at the last minute. My decision will be based on ground services, schedules, in-flight service, aircraft equipment, delays, and my mood at the time. That’s the point of refundable fares: they’re "refundable." If the airline thinks it’s cheating to cancel at any time for any reason, they don’t have to sell tickets that allow it. I’m asking what the rules are. I’m asking, in effect, how NOT to cheat.

Either way, the question is now moot as United kindly allowed me to add an extra segment, taking the trip over the maximum number of permitted flights (it’s an award ticket – I’m not “wealthy enough to fly in F.”) In other words, United broke the rules. They CHEATED! Let the self-righteous finger-wagging begin.
Old May 21, 2014, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
if the airline is smart enough they will or at least should blacklist you (and you have surely deserved it...)
Such ........ behaviour only calls for more restrictions and new imposed barriers in order to enjoy any of the priviledges that other people work hard for
You can't truly believe that.... can you?
Old May 22, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by dsquared37
You can't truly believe that.... can you?
oh yes, I do..for what I said in the second part of my statement: airlines will restrict access and all other privileges further as soon as they find out things will be "misused" (from their point of view).....but I doubt TG will be able to "blacklist"....

and a picky reply to Zeffer:
the lounge access is being regarded (by the airline) as part of the deal - so you started to use part of your package and -literally or legally- you wouldn't qualify any longer for "full" refund - maybe for any kind of partial refund only ;-))
Old May 22, 2014, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
oh yes, I do..for what I said in the second part of my statement: airlines will restrict access and all other privileges further as soon as they find out things will be "misused" (from their point of view).....but I doubt TG will be able to "blacklist"....

and a picky reply to Zeffer:
the lounge access is being regarded (by the airline) as part of the deal - so you started to use part of your package and -literally or legally- you wouldn't qualify any longer for "full" refund - maybe for any kind of partial refund only ;-))
Oi. If a refund is allowed it would be for the full price minus any fees as stated on the ticket. What you desire is unlikely to be part of reality.
Old May 22, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I've cancelled TG flights after check-in. It can be done, but it's not easy. Expect to spend up to an hour talking to an agent and recognize that you might not get a refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.