Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH F or TG F FRA-BKK?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by 5khours
Not if it's old LH F and new (747 or 380) TG F.
food, amenities and service is far better on LH, regardless of the hard product I think. and even the 'old' LH seats suit me fine.

there is no circumstance I would take TG over LH if I had the option (and I even on the various options of both LH and TG)

appreciate it is partly down to personal preference
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
food, amenities and service is far better on LH, regardless of the hard product I think. and even the 'old' LH seats suit me fine.

there is no circumstance I would take TG over LH if I had the option (and I even on the various options of both LH and TG)

Food I would agree on.

The best service is better on LH. But the worst service is also worse on LH.

IFE and amenities are better on TG (if that's important to you).

For me though if I'm taking a long haul, seat comfort/privacy is the most important thing
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by AndyInSaigon
Really? I completely disagree. I'll walk to the FCT any day. For me it's a very special experience that I enjoy any time I can. I don't think the FCL stands anywhere in comparison.
How so? It's the same decor, food, booze, showers and so on. I've been in both; it's not like the FCL is some United Club dump where they charge for everything other than Bud Light. It's the same as far as I can tell.

The big difference is security/customs is integrated into the FCT, which IS a nice experience. This doesn't help the OP, though, because if you are flying TG after an LH connection you have to walk back and reclear customs and immigration and security anyway... And you don't get the car ride, either.

I would think chilling in the FCL and having a TG PA pick you up for your flight would be a nice experience as opposed to an extra trip through customs and security you don't have to take, for the exact same lounge amenities, but to each their own, I suppose.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Apr 18, 2014 at 4:30 pm
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
How so? It's the same decor, food, booze, showers and so on. I've been in both; it's not like the FCL is some United Club dump where they charge for everything other than Bud Light. It's the same as far as I can tell.

The big difference is security/customs is integrated into the FCT, which IS a nice experience. This doesn't help the OP, though, because if you are flying TG after an LH connection you have to walk back and reclear customs and immigration and security anyway... And you don't get the car ride, either.

I would think chilling in the FCL and having a TG PA pick you up for your flight would be a nice experience as opposed to an extra trip through customs and security you don't have to take, for the exact same lounge amenities, but to each their own, I suppose.
Totally agree. I typically only use the FCT if I have some extra time on my connection and am killing time in downtown Frankfurt.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

I agree with you.
And LH is a more reliable airline in terms of schedule/aircraft and manage my booking. From the time you start booking to the time you board the aircraft there is much less stress than with TG (strike excepted)..
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by brunos
I agree with you.
And LH is a more reliable airline in terms of schedule/aircraft and manage my booking. From the time you start booking to the time you board the aircraft there is much less stress than with TG (strike excepted)..
...and at the time you board it starts to suck as there are a lot of arrogant FA who provide a pretty lousy service
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
I agree with you.
I think that really depends on on the airport, route, staff, etc. The two things you can say that are almost always true are:

Departures out of FRA on LH are outstanding.

Arrivals into BKK on TG are outstanding.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:20 am
kkl

If you could do TG A380, i would choose that
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kkl
If you could do TG A380, i would choose that
Me too, but on the day I'm flying, TG 921 isn't available in F, and even if that opens up, it's being serviced by a 747 on that day.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by seajag
Hmm, I do have the option of adding another connection to my trip, and flying from FRA to MUC in LH J (which would give me access to the FCT since I'm arriving in FRA in LH F) and then flying to BKK on TG F in a 747.

Is TG F on the 747s better than the a340?
Yes. Go for it. Took the 747 from MUC last month. The seats are just like the ones on their A380. Toilets are smaller though but still better than the A340.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by seajag
Me too, but on the day I'm flying, TG 921 isn't available in F, and even if that opens up, it's being serviced by a 747 on that day.
If it's a refurbed 747, it's much nicer than the 340 on either LH or TG.

Originally Posted by jrey
Yes. Go for it. Took the 747 from MUC last month. The seats are just like the ones on their A380.
Only if you get the refurbed 747.

Toilets are smaller though but still better than the A340.
Yes
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 5khours
If it's a refurbed 747, it's much nicer than the 340 on either LH or TG.
to get the newer or older 747 is pretty much a lottery as there are 6 planes each and flight info not very reliable!
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
to get the newer or older 747 is pretty much a lottery as there are 6 planes each and flight info not very reliable!
Yes, but..... my sense is that they are using the old ones for shorter routes so your odds are probably quite a bit better than 50/50 for getting new.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Out of sync so spare me the flogging.

I love the TG a380 in F. All that aside the 747 even in old (10 seat format) is Great in fact I like the old open plan F compared to the 9 seat version. I like the space and full view in the nose of a jumbo. To me it gives a feeling of luxury. 5 or maybe 4 windows to one self is special. When they are gone we may miss them. I will.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 2:53 pm

If you are flying FRA-BKK on 31 May 2014 or later, you have to fly TG for a F seat. LH#772 will be the two cabin A340-600, no more F seats. Safe Travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.