Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

SGN check-in caution for the next few days.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2014, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I checked in at SGN this morning. They were rolling out new check-in software. It took me a solid 20 min to complete check-in (yes, it is a complex route.).

The agent, who was exceedingly apologetic, said it would take them a few check-in cycles to get accustomed to the new app. So anyone departing SGN over the next few days may want to be aware & arrive a bit early.

And for whatever reason there were at least 200 people ahead of me in the security line. 2 hrs from walking up to the check-in counter to getting to my gate.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
is it related to the new system which they enrolled in the ticketing offices last year?
I saw signs like that in the ticketing office in BKK: we apologize - due to a new computer system it might take longer than usual.....
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
I gather that it is. They need to change that sign to say that it WILL take longer!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Same problem at CDG check in counters last week . They also mentioned a new software .
Also note that the CDG Star Alliance lounge is now partially closed for renovations. The F class section is now open to everyone and was a complete zoo when I was there.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I guess itīs systemwide. Had the same experience at SYD last week. Thank goodness I was flying F - had to wait 5min, but the Y line had at least 150 pax and was moving very slowly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.