Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

TG Systems migration to Amadeus: which modules are involved?

Old Oct 9, 2013, 7:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Question TG Systems migration to Amadeus: which modules are involved?

A number of messages are coming across the systems about a change to a new system for Reservations. Is the ancient system in the backoffice being migrated to Amadeus Altéa? Are they moving the DCS too?
Old Oct 9, 2013, 2:04 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
A number of messages are coming across the systems about a change to a new system for Reservations. Is the ancient system in the backoffice being migrated to Amadeus Altéa? Are they moving the DCS too?
From TG website

http://www.thaiairways.com

Dear Valued Customers

Due to the change of THAI Reservation and Ticketing system, please be informed that our Reservation and Ticketing Services will not be available during

Saturday, 12th October 2013, 0930 GMT (1630 Bangkok Time)
Saturday 12th October 2013, 2200 GMT (0800 of 13th Bangkok Time)

If you may need relevant services i.e. reservation / reservation amendment / cancellation, we would much appreciate if you could make an advance arrangement. However, other services will be provided as normal i.e. timetable / Flight Info / Check Booking / iCheck-in. Thank you.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: ROP/G, *G, IHG Ambassador, HHonors G, 1865 Voyager, MP Gold
As far as I'm aware, Thai is taking on the full Altea suite (RES, INV, DCS). This weekend is the migration of the RES/INV & ticketing system....
Old Oct 9, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
I recently booked a flight on TG via their website for December and hope the booking migrates correctly.

As the online booking website is already using Amadeus (with a separate TG record locator issued when I look at it on checkmytrip.com), is it safe to assume that minimal migration would be needed for online bookings?

I don't want to end up in a situation where double bookings would inadvertently occur.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 2:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by xingby
As far as I'm aware, Thai is taking on the full Altea suite (RES, INV, DCS). This weekend is the migration of the RES/INV & ticketing system....
Lovely... one could assume a few errors may appear in the fare structure(s)... @:-)
Old Oct 10, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Are they moving the DCS too?
DCS will be moved to Altea later and "step by step" or airport by airport station.
ROP members shall be enabled to arrange for Star Alliance Upgrade Awards by themselves online effective 17. Oct (target date). The Star Alliance Upgrade Award will then no longer be booked by reservations staff, but online booking shall become the only redemption channel.
Some other functions affecting ROP members might temporarily not be working between 13th and 17th Oct.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: ROP
Any increase booking capabilities with this migration?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Yobodon
Any increase booking capabilities with this migration?
increase?
you may be dreaming of...
I expect a decrease as everything seems to become fully depending "on the system" without any human impact (who always "worked wonders" with TG-staff!)
Old Oct 11, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum

creole spirit: maybe true.

TG might lose its personal touch at the reservations / bookings side.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
At the moment KVS shows all TG booking classes with a "?".
ANA and Lifemiles show no Award availabilty at all, no matter when and where.

I guess this is because of the Migration?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:51 pm

http://www.thaiairways.com.cn/en/ind.../detail/id/381

Down until about 7pm EST it looks like.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Star Alliance Award Inventory

Okay, so as per their downtime schedule you can now book revenue and award tickets through Thai's website and ROP as of 5:00am Bangkok time on the 13th. But it appears star alliance award inventory is still zeroed out across the board. Does anyone have any further info on this and when it might be back up?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
unvalid response. EF

are these changes the reason why I cant seem to access seatmap information on expert flyer. I keep getting an invalid response.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 6:35 pm

Old TG reservation PNRs don't work anymore when you go to check your booking. It's the Amadeus one now (which I have from my Aeroplan booking)
Old Oct 13, 2013, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by tng11
Old TG reservation PNRs don't work anymore when you go to check your booking. It's the Amadeus one now (which I have from my Aeroplan booking)
And what happens to award bookings made before the system change?

Those never showed up in Amadeus. Only in the old system. I forgot the name.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.