TG management reorgansation

Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
The benefit of 747s is that they are old and cheap to purchase. But for the same reason that airlines have been getting rid of those birds, it seems surprising that TG would want to have more. And they would have to retrofit those to TG seating.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:16 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
maybe meddling by TIPs, who want to keep some more destinations with F...as TG îs offering less and less destinations with F
but of course they could also put F into the 777-300ER and A350
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
I highly doubt that TG is going to buy more 744, given that they are retiring what they already have.

Most likely is that the person who wrote the article didn't double check his/her work before publishing.
davidj1 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by brunos
The benefit of 747s is that they are old and cheap to purchase. But for the same reason that airlines have been getting rid of those birds, it seems surprising that TG would want to have more. And they would have to retrofit those to TG seating.
TG has a handful of 744's mothballed, perhaps they'd bring them back in.

Otherwise, the mention of 10 is exactly what TG currently has IIRC.
Old May 23, 2018, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
finally after two years: TG seems to have found a new CEO...

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...wo-year-search
Old May 23, 2018, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
seems to be in line with his predecessors, as he is also free of any experience in aviation and airline business!

and strange that the only picture they can find of him is over 12 years old! a great PR performance as well
Old May 23, 2018, 2:38 pm
SKL

Given the corporate culture of TG from top down, no capable person who in his/her right mind will want this job as CEO.

There are many other positions that one can contribute more, be remunerated more and suffer less grief than being THAI's CEO. If I were on the search committee, the first question I ask the prospective candidate is "Why would you even want to apply for this job?"
Old May 23, 2018, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by SKL
Given the corporate culture of TG from top down, no capable person who in his/her right mind will want this job as CEO.

There are many other positions that one can contribute more, be remunerated more and suffer less grief than being THAI's CEO. If I were on the search committee, the first question I ask the prospective candidate is "Why would you even want to apply for this job?"
well this is probably the case for many companies where governments hold a majority or even companies where you have many stakeholders, who meddle into operational issues on a daily basis...
Old May 27, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Originally Posted by SKL
THAI's CEO.
Stepping stone to another exec role with another airline.
Old May 27, 2018, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by davidj1
Stepping stone to another exec role with another airline.
i do not think so
so far they always have appointed Thai nationals as CEO and do you know any Thai national, who had any exec role at another non Thai airline?
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:11 pm
SKL

THAI board/management was historically lucrative to selected ones. Even corruption was exposed, somehow these individuals are still at large, not being identified and held accountable.

The root of corruption at THAI has to be difficult to eradicate, as long as corruption is not properly investigated and punished. Not at all surprised if there may be some money changing hands for the upcoming aircraft acquisition.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.