BKK-LHR A380 Route coming soon

Old Jun 6, 13, 12:07 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Gold, SPG Plat
The TG website now seems to be showing A380 on one flight per day through the xmas period. The challenge now is to get a decent fare in F (or any class at all for that matter!).

There is award availability in F but those same flights are showing up as 142k and 187k baht in J and F respectively.

Any tips on getting a more competitive price? Many comentators talk about snagging some real bargains but I've never bee able to see much.

For some context, BA is priced at 136k on the same dates in J (they've switched to 3 class so no F option available)

Any hints or tips greatly appreciated
Old Jun 8, 13, 12:16 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska MVP, AAdvantage, Etihad Guest, SPG Plat 75
One would think there would be a promotional launch for this route at some point in the future.

Whether a discount will apply to F or not is another issue entirely.
Old Jun 10, 13, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LHR A380: http://www.thaiairways.co.uk/news/20...bangkok-fleet/

LHR move to T2: http://www.thaiairways.co.uk/news/20...ove-to-lhr-t2/

LHR Cancellations, May and June: http://www.thaiairways.co.uk/news/20...and-june-2013/

My uncle flew CDG-BKK on June 8/9 on TG 931, on an A380.
Old Jun 14, 13, 1:44 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Interesting that on the TG web site,LHR/BKK/LHR),the price in a F suite on the A380 is the same as a seat in F on the 346.
Surely the A380 should be at a premium?
SS
Old Jun 14, 13, 3:57 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; TG ROP Silver; Marriott Rewards Emeritus Platinum; Hertz#1
Originally Posted by Silverswimmer View Post
Interesting that on the TG web site,LHR/BKK/LHR),the price in a F suite on the A380 is the same as a seat in F on the 346.
SS
Not sure I get your logic, what is the actual difference in the seats? Also if airlines charge the same for F seats in a 777 and 747 so why would this be different. Not to mention the fun and games when they change aircraft (not that TG do that often).
Old Jun 14, 13, 4:42 am

Programs: M&M, ROP
Originally Posted by Silverswimmer View Post
SS
There is no fare difference even though product difference is obvious, even much more obvious in C-class cabins between A340/B744 and A380.
But when it comes to special fare promotions here in Germany, TG recently blocked the A380-flights (TG920/TG921) from the promotion which was applied to TG922/923/924/925 only (all operated by A340/B744).
Old Jun 14, 13, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by newshound View Post
The TG website now seems to be showing A380 on one flight per day through the xmas period. The challenge now is to get a decent fare in F (or any class at all for that matter!).

There is award availability in F but those same flights are showing up as 142k and 187k baht in J and F respectively.
Is that really that expensive for that route? Seems in line with my expectations. I snagged one of these awards back when it was supposed to be the 747.
Old Jun 15, 13, 4:23 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Gold, SPG Plat
I would say so if they are pricing J at a premium to BA.
Old Jun 21, 13, 5:53 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA Gold, AS MVP75K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
What happened to the A380 going to SYD

http://www.ausbt.com.au/thai-airways...september-2013
Old Jun 28, 13, 5:20 pm

BKK LHR A380 service from 01DEC13 is cancelled, as per 28JUN13 schedule update.

Originally Posted by Madone59 View Post
What happened to the A380 going to SYD

http://www.ausbt.com.au/thai-airways...september-2013
Plan to SYD (and KIX) has been scrapped since earlier this year.
Old Jun 28, 13, 6:30 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Waiting for Melbourne to get it now
Old Jun 29, 13, 7:34 am

Programs: TG Plat
Originally Posted by jimyvr View Post
BKK LHR A380 service from 01DEC13 is cancelled, as per 28JUN13 schedule update.
Sadly this is correct, it's not Thai's fault though, it's all to do with the A380 wing problems.
Old Jun 29, 13, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by transpac View Post
LHR A380: http://www.thaiairways.co.uk/news/20...bangkok-fleet/

LHR move to T2: http://www.thaiairways.co.uk/news/20...ove-to-lhr-t2/

LHR Cancellations, May and June: http://www.thaiairways.co.uk/news/20...and-june-2013/

My uncle flew CDG-BKK on June 8/9 on TG 931, on an A380.
I know the cancellations refer to May and June but I sent 2 emails to the Thai London office about the chances of TG917 on 26 August being cancelled as Expert Flyer is showing very few bookings in Economy at the moment. I also asked how they would contact me in such an event so that I can make alternative arrangements to my schedule. As seems to be par for the almost non-existent customer service on the ground they have not replied and in fact the latter email was deleted. It wasn’t even a complaint, just an enquiry.

I am probably being unduly concerned but as Thai are so unpredictable what are the chances that they could cancel flights from LHR in August?
Old Jun 30, 13, 2:59 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by albion8844 View Post
I know the cancellations refer to May and June but I sent 2 emails to the Thai London office about the chances of TG917 on 26 August being cancelled as Expert Flyer is showing very few bookings in Economy at the moment. I also asked how they would contact me in such an event so that I can make alternative arrangements to my schedule. As seems to be par for the almost non-existent customer service on the ground they have not replied and in fact the latter email was deleted. It wasn’t even a complaint, just an enquiry.

I am probably being unduly concerned but as Thai are so unpredictable what are the chances that they could cancel flights from LHR in August?
Sorry but what did you seriously expect them to say? Its a silly question. .. they wont give you a percentage chance of whether the flight will operate. Also just because expertflyer says W4 doesn't mean the flight has 'very few' bookings.
Old Jun 30, 13, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer View Post
Sorry but what did you seriously expect them to say? Its a silly question. .. they wont give you a percentage chance of whether the flight will operate. Also just because expertflyer says W4 doesn't mean the flight has 'very few' bookings.
Fair enough, I am not bothered that they wouldn't want to comment on that but what has miffed me off by not replying is that I also asked them what specific contact details they would need to record if a cancellation or change was to occur, that the BKK Call Centre directed me to do. I don't think that is unreasonable as a fare paying passenger.

Search this Thread