Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

First time in Business Class - What to expect

Old Apr 14, 13, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...

I just booked my first every I (C) Flight and am looking for any advice you might offer a lowly Y traveler
TG658 BKK-ICN 777-300 I
OZ202 ICN-LAX 747-400 I

What should I expect in service, food, lounge? I am used to flying Y on Korean Air (which to me is a delight). So wondering what to expect? I will be flying with my 5y/o daughter also (otherwise I would have gone for F ), so anything special for her? Anything I should know? Any noob mistakes to avoid? What kind of alcohol do they serve?

Sorry lots of questions, Im pretty stoked!
Old Apr 15, 13, 12:48 am

Programs: UA, Hilton
Can I ask you if you have taken a look at this page ?

http://www.thaiairways.com/thai-serv...s-services.htm
Old Apr 15, 13, 12:57 am

Expect to be constantly sliding off your seat if you get the leather and try to sleep. Not much else to b*tch about though. TG is quite good regionally. I'd try to switch to OZ on the transpac though. Much much better product.
Old Apr 15, 13, 1:48 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by jeremywight View Post
I just booked my first every I (C) Flight and am looking for any advice you might offer a lowly Y traveler
TG658 BKK-ICN 777-300 I
OZ202 ICN-LAX 747-400 I

What should I expect in service, food, lounge? I am used to flying Y on Korean Air (which to me is a delight). So wondering what to expect? I will be flying with my 5y/o daughter also (otherwise I would have gone for F ), so anything special for her? Anything I should know? Any noob mistakes to avoid? What kind of alcohol do they serve?

Sorry lots of questions, Im pretty stoked!
Well, you can use the royal orchid spa, and get a 30min neck and shoulder massage or foot.
Old Apr 15, 13, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LosPenguinosII View Post
Can I ask you if you have taken a look at this page ?

http://www.thaiairways.com/thai-serv...s-services.htm
Yes, I did some of it, not all of it. I was more looking for any experience of people that I could learn from. As in do this, don't do this, etc.

Originally Posted by WackyJacky
Expect to be constantly sliding off your seat if you get the leather and try to sleep. Not much else to b*tch about though. TG is quite good regionally. I'd try to switch to OZ on the transpac though. Much much better product.
My transpac portion of the flight Seoul to Los Angeles is on Asiana. What is so much better about it?
Old Apr 15, 13, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by jeremywight View Post
Yes, I did some of it, not all of it. I was more looking for any experience of people that I could learn from. As in do this, don't do this, etc.

My transpac portion of the flight Seoul to Los Angeles is on Asiana. What is so much better about it?
Sorry I didn't look at your routing close enough. The Quadra Smartium seats are as good as J gets. The food & service rock. The IFE is very good and ICN is the best airport in the world. I'd rather fly OZ than SQ. LINK:http://www.flatseats.com/Reviews/oz-f.htm
Old Apr 15, 13, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whackyjacky View Post
Sorry I didn't look at your routing close enough. The Quadra Smartium seats are as good as J gets. The food & service rock. The IFE is very good and ICN is the best airport in the world. I'd rather fly OZ than SQ. LINK:http://www.flatseats.com/Reviews/oz-f.htm
Interesting... But from what I read the Quadra Smartium seats aren't on the 747-300, correct? Thought I read only on the 777. I love KE, so I am excited to try OZ. So do you think its worth finding a flight from BKK - ICN on OZ instead of TG? (I don't care about the free massage, massages in Thailand are nearly free )
Old Apr 16, 13, 9:14 am

Programs: Thai ROP Gold, BMI DC (RIP), Avios
If returning to Thailand on TG, remember they do give Fasttrack immigration clearance using your C boarding pass in the 'Premium' lanes next to diplomatic/official channels. they just don't tell you this !

Most other airlines hand out a pass to passengers before arrival, but not Thai !

I'd be happy with the TG flight to ICN, particularly if you get one of the newer planes such as the 777ER models.

Even though massages in Thailand are cheap, the TG SPA is worth experiencing if possible, as it's very professional, a good atmosphere and very relaxing.

Regards, GW
Old Apr 16, 13, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by gwhiteuk View Post
If returning to Thailand on TG, remember they do give Fasttrack immigration clearance using your C boarding pass in the 'Premium' lanes next to diplomatic/official channels. they just don't tell you this !
About three weeks ago they told me they don't give out passes anymore, just to go through the line. Sure enough, had to show my boarding pass in the express Immigration lane, but went through nice and fast ^

EmailKid
Old Apr 16, 13, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EmailKid View Post
About three weeks ago they told me they don't give out passes anymore, just to go through the line. Sure enough, had to show my boarding pass in the express Immigration lane, but went through nice and fast ^

EmailKid
Thanks for the insight. This is one-way... I will already be in Thailand coming in Y on KE so won't apply, but thanks for the heads up. Will be sure to remember that the next time Im coming in to Thailand

Search this Thread
Search Engine: