Wiki Posts
Search

Alcohol in TG lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Alcohol in TG lounges

When flying out of BKK in C I usually use the C or E Pier lounges. Last week I was on OS departing from D2 so I used the main D lounge. What surprised me was that there were no bottles of spirits. There were cans of beer and some people seemed to have glasses of wine (although I couldn't see any wine bottles). There was always a decent selection of spirits in the other lounges. Has TG stopped serving spirits?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BobBHX
When flying out of BKK in C I usually use the C or E Pier lounges. Last week I was on OS departing from D2 so I used the main D lounge. What surprised me was that there were no bottles of spirits. There were cans of beer and some people seemed to have glasses of wine (although I couldn't see any wine bottles). There was always a decent selection of spirits in the other lounges. Has TG stopped serving spirits?
TG periodically moves around the booze location and recently someone indicated the bottles were moved to the westernmost point at the base of the escalators coming down from TG expedited exit immigration.

Several years ago they had this set up for a few months as well.

Considering the length of the lounge the placement is awful and serves only to keep people from knowing where it is/drinking it.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:11 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
During certain times, the bottles are removed from the serve yourself service procedure to avoid excessive consumption, and the staff do table service. I experience it regularly on the right hand side C lounge which double as a star alliance.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:59 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
agree with first reply. When you come down the esculater, turn right (or you will miss it)and the manned small bar is there. I was on an Etihad flight in early december, which was departing from the D concourse instead of the usual E. I walked the whole length of the huge D business lounge and nearly into first until i asked someone where the spirits were. On finding out i had to walk all the way back again, i carried on out to C (because closer) concourse. There is another problem as well, anyone wanting a quick smoke will have to use the smoking room located in concourse C gate 2a, a good 150 metres away. In my opinion avoid D concource and use the smaller C & E lounges, where you can help yourself and avoid the megree measures. Another Thai way of cost cutting
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BKKROP
During certain times, the bottles are removed from the serve yourself service procedure to avoid excessive consumption, and the staff do table service. I experience it regularly on the right hand side C lounge which double as a star alliance.
I really think you believe this tripe. :facepalm:
Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Thanks for the info. I always prefer the C or E lounges as the D lounge is an overcrowded zoo but last Wednesday my flight was leaving from D2 so I used the D lounge. I wasn't particularly wanting alcohol that day but it just seemed strange that there was none in sight.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: TG Platinum, SQ Gold, Gold - you're indestructable...
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I really think you believe this tripe. :facepalm:

Tragedy. Shut the airline down. Forthwith.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aislealways
Tragedy. Shut the airline down. Forthwith.
If things shut down when he presents incorrect information my post count would be much lower.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:56 am

If things shut down when he presents incorrect information my post count would be much lower.
I just think you're impolite to individuals, often. Not what you say, but how.

But of course, that's just your style and I'm sure you welcome the challenge and I appreciate the differences in us all
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But of course, that's just your style and I'm sure you welcome the challenge and I appreciate the differences in us all
No offense taken. I'd rather speak my mind than beat around the bush. it's a NY thing.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 7:16 am

No offense taken. I'd rather speak my mind than beat around the bush. it's a NY thing.
That'll be why I don't live there anymore :-)
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND

When incorrect information is posted by the same poster day in day out it is very hard not to be impolite.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
This thread was about alcohol in TG lounges, right? Let's try not to stray too far.... Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.