Go Back   > > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 15, 12, 10:14 pm   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: LUG
Programs: ROP gold, BW-gold, A-Club gold
Posts: 35
Lounge at Koh Samui Airport

Hello guys

At the end I must pose my question here, because no response at all from thai rop gold member service. This is realy low from thai.

Please let me know if there is a lounge for passenger holding a Thai
flight ticket on business class and/or gold members.
Thanks for your reply and all my best regards
fingerling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 12, 10:25 pm   #2
  
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 560
Lounge at Koh Samui Airport

Wow, a lounge. When last I was there, admittedly mid 90s, baggage collection was on the runway under a 12x12 shade. Times a change.
LeviFlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 12:11 am   #3
  
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
Posts: 426
Lounge at Koh Samui Airport

Not sure if there is biz class on this flight. However there is only one lounge to speak of and that is for PG only, not TG. In any case the only thing you will be missing is beer and air conditioning at the PG lounge which are the only perks. Pretty basic affair all round really. Would suggest to spend the time hanging about at the shops and cafes prior to security instead.
EzzerBKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 1:20 am   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 15,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerling View Post
Hello guys

At the end I must pose my question here, because no response at all from thai rop gold member service. This is realy low from thai.

Please let me know if there is a lounge for passenger holding a Thai
flight ticket on business class and/or gold members.
Thanks for your reply and all my best regards
While not really a lounge, I believe both TG flights use the main waiting areas which PG refers to as a lounge. There is free water, sugar juice and small snacks.

According to TG there is no dedicated lounge in USM

http://www.thaiairways.com/thai-serv...nge-phuket.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzzerBKK View Post
Not sure if there is biz class on this flight. However there is only one lounge to speak of and that is for PG only, not TG. In any case the only thing you will be missing is beer and air conditioning at the PG lounge which are the only perks. Pretty basic affair all round really. Would suggest to spend the time hanging about at the shops and cafes prior to security instead.
The lounge you're referring to is the PG Blue Ribbon/Premier lounge which a different animal entirely. Aside from the two ways to get in just mentioned, this also can be accessed with an Amex Plat (Thailand only) and priority pass.
dsquared37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 1:44 am   #5
  
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Koh Samui, Thailand
Programs: BA, VS, TG, PG
Posts: 16
USM is a lovely little airport owned and run by Bangkok Airways, who also operate the only two business class lounges there, one domestic and one international. The domestic lounge is great, they have a menu you can order food as well as a nice selection of snacks, beers, juice, soft drinks, tea, coffee, etc.. The shops before security are pretty poor with sky high prices, my advice would be to save your shopping for BKK and head to the lounge, itís worth an hour there, maybe longer if you have never been to USM before as it is a beautiful little airport.

If you are flying Thai business you will get a lounge pass, not sure about Thai Gold, never tried. Thaiís two daily flights both have business class. If you fly Bangkok Airways business you get a golf cart to the plane, but they do not offer this to Thai Airways passengers.

The international business class lounge at USM is very poor, tiny little room with not much on offer, I would prefer to clear immigration at BKK if connecting on to an international flight.

I have been living on Samui for the past few years so PM me if you want any other advice.
BangkokBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 4:33 am   #6
  
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NUE, ZRH
Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 145
Hmm, last time I was flying Samui-Bangkok with TG in Business Class about 2 years ago there was no access for Bangkok Airways lounge.
Lucentis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 5:06 am   #7
  
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: GSE
Programs: TG Gold
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucentis View Post
Hmm, last time I was flying Samui-Bangkok with TG in Business Class about 2 years ago there was no access for Bangkok Airways lounge.
Not a year ago either, maybe something new from TG?
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 5:14 am   #8
  
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: TK E+
Posts: 1,103
I was at USM last month. Was flying TG business to BKK. We were allowed to use the PG lounge. USM is consistently ranked the best small airport in the world. it is a pleasure to wait there - as in some Garden.

The lounge is beautiful - with small snacks, attendants taking order at your seat. Wonderful really. Lot of sweets too. the highlight was fresh coconut water.

very happy with it. if u have any specific questions, i have photos and other information

cheers and enjoy Samui -we loved it. on the other side, TG business class to BKK sucked big time and paled in comparison to BKK to SIN in business class on SQ
Culture Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 5:27 am   #9
  
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: BOS/UTH
Programs: AA EXP 4.28 MM & LT PLT, QR PLT, SPG PLT 100 and LT GLD
Posts: 9,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerling View Post
At the end I must pose my question here, because no response at all from thai rop gold member service. This is realy low from thai.
I like that. Perhaps TG could put that in the on-hold greeting. "Your expected hold time is 37 minutes. For faster and more accurate info, please consult FlyerTalk.com."
Dr. HFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 6:05 am   #10
  
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 69
I can confirm that holding a TG business class BP (I have no idea about *G), you can enter the domestic PG lounge. I was there a couple of weeks ago, it's air-conditioned, a couple of TVs showing movies etc. I was also served a beer and a glass of water without leaving my seat.
Andain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 6:42 am   #11
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 15,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andain View Post
I was also served a beer and a glass of water without leaving my seat.
I love being Premier on PG. Especially for domestic flights the lounge is a much more pleasant expereince than TG domestic lounges.

I'm rather surprised TG has this arrangement with PG for USM, but it's quite good for TG pax. Are there any experiences with this as a *G?

Last edited by dsquared37; Aug 16, 12 at 6:48 am
dsquared37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 8:19 am   #12
Suspended
  
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
I love being Premier on PG. Especially for domestic flights the lounge is a much more pleasant expereince than TG domestic lounges.

I'm rather surprised TG has this arrangement with PG for USM, but it's quite good for TG pax. Are there any experiences with this as a *G?
At least they have beer in their domestic lounge which TG don't .
pansted00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 10:13 am   #13
  
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NE & SE Asia, N America
Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Posts: 3,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
I love being Premier on PG. Especially for domestic flights the lounge is a much more pleasant expereince than TG domestic lounges.

I'm rather surprised TG has this arrangement with PG for USM, but it's quite good for TG pax. Are there any experiences with this as a *G?
I recall a few years ago I was told I could use the PG lounge when flying TG in Y as *G. But I arrived at the departure area as the last passengers were boarding so had no time to try it out.
A_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 6:15 pm   #14
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 15,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansted00 View Post
At least they have beer in their domestic lounge which TG don't .
Yeah, I do enjoy that each and every per-flight.
dsquared37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 12, 6:40 pm   #15
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CVG/YYZ
Programs: UA Plat, AC, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Posts: 10,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by BangkokBobby View Post
USM is a lovely little airport owned and run by Bangkok Airways, who also operate the only two business class lounges there, one domestic and one international. The domestic lounge is great, they have a menu you can order food as well as a nice selection of snacks, beers, juice, soft drinks, tea, coffee, etc.. The shops before security are pretty poor with sky high prices, my advice would be to save your shopping for BKK and head to the lounge, itís worth an hour there, maybe longer if you have never been to USM before as it is a beautiful little airport.

If you are flying Thai business you will get a lounge pass, not sure about Thai Gold, never tried. Thaiís two daily flights both have business class. If you fly Bangkok Airways business you get a golf cart to the plane, but they do not offer this to Thai Airways passengers.

The international business class lounge at USM is very poor, tiny little room with not much on offer, I would prefer to clear immigration at BKK if connecting on to an international flight.

I have been living on Samui for the past few years so PM me if you want any other advice.
Is it possible to access the PG domestic lounge if clearing immigration at USM?

I just booked a flight in J for Dec - on the flight I needed, TG only had full Y, with J for $7 US more (total) for both me and the wife to BKK. Then on a separate TG ticket to MAA. Will arrive at USM at 2 hours prior to departure, and then a 3 hour layover. Prefer to clear immigration when departing USM, so I can check the bags through and not have to worry about them. But by the sounds of it, much better to relax in the domestic lounge.

If not, just curious how this works, with segregating onward international pax with others on a flight leaving domestically. I assumed that after clearing immigration (and getting the sticker or whatever it is), we'd end up back with other domestic passengers, and then just follow the signs for connecting international after arriving at BKK.
emcampbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top