Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at Koh Samui Airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
cheers and enjoy Samui -we loved it. on the other side, TG business class to BKK sucked big time and paled in comparison to BKK to SIN in business class on SQ
Hmm, you are comparing Thai domestic business class on a 737-400 to a 777-200 international business class on SQ. I don't think that is a valid comparison at all.

Once you fly BKK-SIN on TG in Business the please do let us know your opinion on the difference and whether TG still 'sucks big time'.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Is it possible to access the PG domestic lounge if clearing immigration at USM?
Nope.

The last time I flew out of USM I was not Premier and didn't gain access to the lounge but I'm rather surprised, incredulous, that the Int lounge would be so poor in comparison to the dom lounge. Especially when comparing it to BKK, PG's other hub.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA, VS, TG, PG
No, you cannot access the domestic lounge after security. All passengers that clear immigration at USM are given a 'CIQ' sticker and board the plane from gate 6, the international gate. The domestic gates are 1-3, however I have never seen gate 3 used. In BKK they have signs for anyone with ‘CIQ’ to go to international connections.

As the vast majority of flights from USM are domestic it seems reasonable to invest more in the domestic lounge, then the international lounge.

When I travel from Samui I get my bags checked through to my final destination and get my boarding cards printed, but ask that I clear immigration in BKK. The check in staff can do this, but will be confused as to why you want to. Just note the following points.

If you have booked your flights on one PNR you may have to pay additional departure tax for your stop in BKK. Probably not worth it.

I would not do this if connecting onto an economy flight as immigration at BKK can be a nightmare. Fast Track is usually a breeze.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: BA, VS, TG, PG
I should add that I base my opinion of the International business lounge from only one visit, which was enough for me to decide not to use it anymore.

As you would expect it is beautifully decorated with big comfy sofas, but it is just one tiny little room. They have a big TV, a few computers to use, and some snacks (nowhere near the same selection as domestic), but no staff so it’s self-service. I didn’t see any menus to order and there was no beer in the fridge! I was in there for over an hour before a lady came and asked to see my boarding pass – I hope that comment doesn’t open the flood gates to people trying to sneak in!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Does anyone know if using Priority Pass would allow me to bring guests in who are travelling with me for free into the domestic Blue Ribbon Koh Samui lounge?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by timriley12
Does anyone know if using Priority Pass would allow me to bring guests in who are travelling with me for free into the domestic Blue Ribbon Koh Samui lounge?
common policy for Priority Pass lounges is to charge for guest, but I do not know particularly about this one
Old Jan 29, 2014, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by timriley12

There are different levels of priority pass that one can subscribe to but none, so far as I remember, allow guests to enter gratis.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I'm rather surprised TG has this arrangement with PG for USM, but it's quite good for TG pax. Are there any experiences with this as a *G?
I flew through USM in TG Y as a *G last month and was not offered access to the lounge. I did ask check-in agent and was told no. Anyway I was able to get into the lounge with priority pass so all was good.

Domestic lounge, as mentioned, is pretty good. Hot food to order etc.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 5:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Lucentis
Hmm, last time I was flying Samui-Bangkok with TG in Business Class about 2 years ago there was no access for Bangkok Airways lounge.
There is access this year. Used it a bit in recent months even as an economy class TG customer with partner airline *Gold status. I was connecting onto same-day international F flights on Star Alliance departing BKK. Not sure if it was the onward first class connection, the Star Gold status, my charismatic, comely self, or some combination of those that got me access at USM.

They gave me lounge invitation cards to present to the Bangkok Airways lounge staff.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 18, 2014 at 5:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.