Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG 933 or TG 925 in F ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
TG 933 or TG 925 in F ?

I have never flown TG long-haul and have the chance to do so in F either via MUC or PAR. I have always read that TG is notorious in equipment changes and this trip is not for a few months so wanted to get the opinion from the experts on which flight will most likely cater with the new suites upfront. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by psyflyer; Jun 5, 2012 at 6:25 am
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
For chance of getting the 77W Jet Airways suites:
MUC = 0%
CDG = 99.5%

I have flown the suites from paris a few times now. They are huge, spacious and make for a great nights sleep. So I would say definitely choose CDG ^
Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by pogonation
For chance of getting the 77W Jet Airways suites:
MUC = 0%
CDG = 99.5%

I have flown the suites from paris a few times now. They are huge, spacious and make for a great nights sleep. So I would say definitely choose CDG ^
Hey, thanks. Glad I asked bcs I thought TG had retrofitted their 747's with their new first class suites and the MUC flight shows a 747.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by psyflyer
Hey, thanks. Glad I asked bcs I thought TG had retrofitted their 747's with their new first class suites and the MUC flight shows a 747.
They will have on a few 747's by August this year however they aren't suites as such and I would probably rate them inferior to the 9W suites from looking at pictures (although they will be nice and new). However with TG I would still go with the CDG option as even if MUC is scheduled with the new 747 (which as you correctly noticed it is) it is a bigger risk of equipment swap IMO.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
The suites on the 77W are superb for sleeping, last trip I completely slept through breakfast, you will love them, although the "new" First which is just about due out would be the way to go in my opinion. The next European trip I have booked is for Fra, I am betting they will have the new refurbished 747 one way and the A380 the other. If it all falls in a heap, and I miss out, my favourite seat is in the nose of a 747, so it is a win/win for me. Back to your booking, I would swap Fra for Muc, otherwise transit through CDG. There is always a chance with every airline that the aircraft you thought was going to fly the route may be swapped, but with Europe you are safe, because you know or can easily find out what flew over from Bangkok, so if you don't like the plane, catch the next one.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 8:00 am
Suspended

Great info on here, thanks. How about for an itinerary in Jan 2013, will MUC/FRA most likely have the new first class or it is still a complete guess at this point?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure
Great info on here, thanks. How about for an itinerary in Jan 2013, will MUC/FRA most likely have the new first class or it is still a complete guess at this point?
In Jan 2013 the FRA flight will be operated by an A380 with a new first class (although different to the one on the refitted 747) ^. MUC is scheduled to be on the refitted 747 with the new first. Personally I would choose the A380 because of the better product (at least it appears to be from looking at pictures) and also I would imagine it is less likely to suffer from the infamous last minute equipment swap.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
In Jan 2013 the FRA flight will be operated by an A380 with a new first class (although different to the one on the refitted 747) ^. MUC is scheduled to be on the refitted 747 with the new first. Personally I would choose the A380 because of the better product (at least it appears to be from looking at pictures) and also I would imagine it is less likely to suffer from the infamous last minute equipment swap.
You rly think so? I would guess that they'd want to present their new product to as many airports as they can - therefore making it even more likely to be swapped
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by ProfNapalm
You rly think so? I would guess that they'd want to present their new product to as many airports as they can - therefore making it even more likely to be swapped
Yes I think so. It is scheduled on the FRA route, therefore it will either fly to FRA or it will have gone tech. They will not present it to loads of other airports to show off the new product
Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by ProfNapalm
they will bring the new A380 to SIN and HKG first (starting October), and besides FRA in mid-Dec also to TYO and CDG as from Feb 2013. And they can't swap this equipment easily to other destinations. So depending on the dates one can say that the A380 should be a "safe equipment" to be excluded from too many swaps....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.