Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SYD-BKK 747 J seat choice?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

SYD-BKK 747 J seat choice?

Couldn't find a thread on "Best seats by a/c type"... Maybe there isn't one.. so I'll just ask the experts!

Flying SYD-BKK on the 747... Currently allocated 14B in a FULL UD...

On the lower deck the front two central pairs are available...and a number of others are currently unallocated as well..

Would I be mad to choose one of those instead of staying "upstairs"? Is the lower deck quieter (especially given a number of unallocated seats?)

Thankee!
Old May 19, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by trooper

in a FULL UD...

!
Hi trooper, you will find your allocated seat perfect, most 747 flyers like the upper deck, but my favourite is downstairs next to the galley, in the "bassinet seats. Why, because I always find the upper deck packed to the gills and downstairs has more space. I travel with carry on only. Getting on and off is that much more difficult, if doing the stairs, but it is a personal choice
Old May 22, 2012, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I'd move to the lower deck. The seats at the front of the cabin (next to the central wall) have lots of room. Plus you'll be off the plane in no time, and have a quieter cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.