Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

The circus at the BKK arrival fast track continues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The circus at the BKK arrival fast track continues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: CX Marco Polo Club, Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by Gweilo
Life is so much simpler with Cathay.
Cathay always give out passes for the Suvarnabhumi Premium Fast Track in the middle section between the two immigration halls (to Biz Class passengers).

Having said that, I have never been refused access to the other Fast Track line with a TG Biz Class Boarding Pass.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
I have been able to use the fast track lane on my last 2 arrivals at BKK and did not even have to show my TG boarding pass...
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
yes it is very quick, once they checked every page now all they do is stamp and write the arrival detail. I can do the plane door to the carpark in 15 minutes sometimes.
Old May 14, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
Originally Posted by Premier Owl
I am finding the Fast Track in BKK simply superb. Fortunately I use a hotel that has a rep to meet and greet at the aircraft and a good supply of spare Fast Track vouchers.

Life is very good in BKK -stop Grumbling...
hmmm times change...

After a quick trip to HAN on VN with a colleague last week, I cam back through BKK. I gave my colleague a spare CX Fast Track. We got to the counters at the same time, his male officer, let him through, my female officer sent me back round to normal channels.

I knew that no amount of protesting would work, so I just gave in, BUT the bottom line was that I was trying to beat a system and I failed.

The immigration officer refused me on the basis the Fast Track clearly stated CX and my immigration card stated VN "Vietnam passengers not allowed here" - fair dues..
Old May 14, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
hmmm times change...

After a quick trip to HAN on VN with a colleague last week, I cam back through BKK. I gave my colleague a spare CX Fast Track. We got to the counters at the same time, his male officer, let him through, my female officer sent me back round to normal channels.

I knew that no amount of protesting would work, so I just gave in, BUT the bottom line was that I was trying to beat a system and I failed.

The immigration officer refused me on the basis the Fast Track clearly stated CX and my immigration card stated VN "Vietnam passengers not allowed here" - fair dues..
Wow, seems you got an unusually vigilant IO. Normally they take the cards and drop them on the pile without even a second glance! Things definitely seem to be tightening up!!!
Old May 14, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
hmmm times change...

I don't believe it's trying to beat the system because the passes were legitimately issued and paid for by the airline. If this particular situation was being treated by immigration as an attempt to game the system then I'd expect the passes would be confiscated, but when this happened to a friend of mine they were simply sent to regular immigration, pass still in hand.

Like so much else in Thailand the ability to use these passes in situations such as yours will depend upon the agent and their whims.

There's definitely strong opinions on both sides of the issue though.
Old May 14, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
hmmm times change...

Premier Owl - Perhaps you or others could clarify here. You arrive at arrival Fast Track and present your passport, immigration form completed and CX Fast Track form. The immigration officer would have to carefully examine the Thai immigration form to see that you had written a VN flight number. Otherwise how would she know you didn't arrive on CX? Do they examine the forms in that detail? Wow. BTW how busy was Fast Track then?
Old May 14, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), SPG (Lifetime Plat), Star Alliance, One World, Virgin (Gold)
Both my colleague and I had the same CX Fast Track Passes. We both put the VN flight number on the immigration landing card. My colleagues IO accepted it, my IO sent me away. Yes I could have put a CX number on the immigration landing card, but then I guess had I been caught I would have been in serious sh*t.

IMHO, I tried it on, I lost, I got sent to the other Q.

Strange thought though - immigration/airport get paid by the coupon by the airlines, why are they turning the revenue away?

The only sweet part of the evening, was I got lucky with the most amazing taxi driver who got me to my down town hotel in around 25 minutes...
Old May 14, 2017, 7:24 pm
kkl

Thank god for fast track last night. With all the flights arriving at 11pm the arrival hall was full.

Easily an hour wait.

Customs seem to be spending more time on each passport and passenger. More thorough.
Old May 14, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Strange thought though - immigration/airport get paid by the coupon by the airlines, why are they turning the revenue away?
that is not the way an IO thinks...they have their instructions and they try to follow those more or less...
Old May 14, 2017, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by kkl
Thank god for fast track last night. With all the flights arriving at 11pm the arrival hall was full.

Easily an hour wait.

Customs seem to be spending more time on each passport and passenger. More thorough.
yes 11pm is one of the most busy time at Arrival
customs: this is on and off and not a General trend
Old May 15, 2017, 1:35 am

Has anyone ever placed a 500 / 1000 baht note in passport when use of Fast Track could be questioned?
Old May 15, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
↑ lol....
Old May 15, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Has anyone ever placed a 500 / 1000 baht note in passport when use of Fast Track could be questioned?
Maybe in the old days before CCTV and smart phones.

I experienced this 'request' from a customer officer on arrival to BKK in 1985 to 'assist' clearing an item through customs that I had declared - the fee was suggested so that I would 'not experience any avoidable delays'. I declined since the recipient was a customs officer and would collect the goods from the bond store when coming on shift. Fortunately I had an expert briefing from his niece who I knew - we were both working in Singapore.

A bit of an experience for a young Kiwi...
Old May 15, 2017, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Maybe in the old days before CCTV and smart phones.

I experienced this 'request' from a customer officer on arrival to BKK in 1985 to 'assist' clearing an item through customs that I had declared - the fee was suggested so that I would 'not experience any avoidable delays'.
experienced this in 2016 in Siem Riap
- officer offered to process a group of Europeans and US citizen to process immigration faster against a certain fee
- European was offered faster immigration on Arrival against cash
- several Chinese citizen were asked for cash in normal immigration queue (they had already electronic visa)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.