Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:44 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways
Original Poster

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
TG's A380 in Aus Business Traveller

See here
Thai Airways has quietly released more information about its plans for the Airbus A380, with Hong Kong, Singapore, Frankfurt, Tokyo and Paris first in line to see the superjumbo.

All five destinations are great news for business travellers departing Australia, who can expect markedly better business class seats on the A380 on their connecting flight from Bangkok to those destinations.

Between 28 October and 14 December this year, Thai will pop the A380 on daily runs to Hong Kong and Bangkok. A period of bedding-in flights on shorter routes are fairly standard practice for airlines while they train up their crew on the new planes.

From 15 December, the A380 will move to daily flights on the Frankfurt route, with Hong Kong and Singapore reverting to smaller planes.

As of 16 January 2013, Tokyo's Narita airport will be added to the daily list, with Paris-Charles de Gaulle daily flights starting from 16 February.
A range of renderings here.

Going to be a nice ride by the looks of things!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:38 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Looks great!

Thanks for sharing!

I didn't know, they are planing to have 12 seats in F... Good for award/redemption availability
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:52 am

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
Would any of the esteemed travellers of this fine board come up with a suggestion why somebody should waste cash or miles for this edition of F if C looks almost identical ?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 2:59 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by somkiat
Would any of the esteemed travellers of this fine board come up with a suggestion why somebody should waste cash or miles for this edition of F if C looks almost identical ?
Nobody actually pays for TG F except if it is cheaper than LX C and you get triple miles with M&M.

The rest of the seats are taken by legitimate GUP's of ROP gold members and less legitimate corrupt Thai government officials and their friends and other Thai TIP's who certainly NEVER would pay more than a discounted Y fare.

P.S.: F is "sold" out on the initial BKK to HKG run on 28 October already .
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:05 am

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
Very well , which then would make myself the only paying pax on FRA - BKK . Having said so , after further inspection I would prefer the C - design with a preference on window seat anyway . Also for travelling with a companion this C - design shows the better option .

I hereby officially predict that the end of F is near , just have a look at the LH news .
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:47 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by somkiat
I am with you on this one.
Why TG did not go for private suites, after the overwhelming positive response from their premium customers to the introduction of the suites on the leased 777W , makes you wonder if anyone in the TG Marketing Division ever cared to get their heads out of their delusional asses .
Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:27 am

perfect, thanks for sharing
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by pansted00
I am with you on this one.
Why TG did not go for private suites, after the overwhelming positive response from their premium customers to the introduction of the suites on the leased 777W , makes you wonder if anyone in the TG Marketing Division ever cared to get their heads out of their delusional asses .
Mr. pansted

I am usually extremely pleased if the unlikely happens and somebody supports my statements but which Thai premium customers do support the 777 " suites " ? To me they are a lousy way of travelling .
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
those A380 pics are all just stills from the youtube video which has been around for months
Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by pansted00

Why TG did not go for private suites,.
Unless they were marketed with exclusivity for non other FFP awards, paying or upgraded pax only, the suites had a lot of problems. It is no contest that they were popular, but unfortunately to the wrong people. Thai's repair bill must be high, but the ME carriers have been hit hardest. The newer cabins are roughly head high, so sitting or sleeping you feel enclosed, when you think about it, when flying, you only get up once or twice anyway. The new suites will be popular, it was never a good idea to have 8/10/12 people behind closed doors and unaccountable in an enclosed space containing so many other people
Old Apr 29, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by BKKROP
Unless they were marketed with exclusivity for non other FFP awards, paying or upgraded pax only, the suites had a lot of problems. It is no contest that they were popular, but unfortunately to the wrong people. Thai's repair bill must be high, but the ME carriers have been hit hardest. The newer cabins are roughly head high, so sitting or sleeping you feel enclosed, when you think about it, when flying, you only get up once or twice anyway. The new suites will be popular, it was never a good idea to have 8/10/12 people behind closed doors and unaccountable in an enclosed space containing so many other people
I totally agree with you on this one. After flying on EK's First a few times, the novelty seems to wear off and the reality seems to set in. The bling bling is nice but I do feel claustrophobic a bit and sometimes wonder what others are doing? (ie. are they scheming on doing something bad to the aircraft?? etc.). On the other hand, TG's latest First is a bit too opened - makes you feel a bit exposed when sleeping. TG's new First should be right there in the middle - kind of like CX's - no closing doors but good enough privacy without compromising security.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by kittiyut
I totally agree with you on this one. After flying on EK's First a few times, the novelty seems to wear off and the reality seems to set in. The bling bling is nice but I do feel claustrophobic a bit and sometimes wonder what others are doing? (ie. are they scheming on doing something bad to the aircraft?? etc.). On the other hand, TG's latest First is a bit too opened - makes you feel a bit exposed when sleeping. TG's new First should be right there in the middle - kind of like CX's - no closing doors but good enough privacy without compromising security.
I fully agree with your points. Indeed, hard to surpass CX suites.
I like the 9W suites leased by TG but they are not well maintained. I have no claustrophobic problem and you can leave the door opened if you wish. And the "wall" is not that high, so that I can still look at the other pax when walking by their suite. But I prefer the CX suites.
The A380 seats look too open and lack privacy.

PS: when CX introduced their new suites, many posters did not like the look of them (me included), but now users are unanimous. Maybe it will be the same with TG A380 seats.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by behuman
Nobody actually pays for TG F except if it is cheaper than LX C and you get triple miles with M&M.

The rest of the seats are taken by legitimate GUP's of ROP gold members and less legitimate corrupt Thai government officials and their friends and other Thai TIP's who certainly NEVER would pay more than a discounted Y fare.

P.S.: F is "sold" out on the initial BKK to HKG run on 28 October already .
Is TG matching Emirates First class fares to HKG??
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:08 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways
Original Poster

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
The countdown continues!
http://www.thaiairways.com.au/thai_s...)&utm_content=

Does anyone else find this stuff exciting?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:42 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by hgp
Does anyone else find this stuff exciting?
The front cabin is heavily booked for 2 weeks, that I checked, it will be like this for a while, imagine the fun and laughter. I love how TG is doing it, unlike SQ where it was impossible to get on board, I was able to get 3 couples on over a 48hr period, they have already allocated the crew and they enjoy "good times". It will be memorable. Yes it is exciting, from the old DC8s via a stop over in Singapore to the double decker, it has been a great journey with Thai

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.