Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Royal Orchid Spa - available for domestic C departures?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2009, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)

Arriving TG 432 DPS-BKK at 7:30 pm
Departing TG 122 BKK-CNX at 9:30 pm

I'm traveling Royal Silk on both segments.

Will I have access to the Spa although I am departing on a TG domestic flight?
if so,
Will I have time for a 30 min massage?
How far are the domestic gates from the spa?
Old Nov 22, 2009, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Once you clear transit immigration you won't be able to visit the spa.

In theory, if there were no wait, you could conceivably visit the spa and have a 30 minute treatment, clear transit immigration, and walk up to your CNX flight as the boarding process begins.

Not technically within the rules AFAIK but there have been reports of arriving int'l TG business class passengers succeeding in obtaining spa treatments.

But I really don't think this is going to be an advisable course.

Enjoy your trip, have plenty of spa treatments on both ends of your trip, and don't worry about grabbing one in the airport.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by gleff
Once you clear transit immigration you won't be able to visit the spa..
Let's assume your bags have been tagged CNX

As you proceed to the immigration you will notice TG Domestic transfer signage.
This will take you to your TG domestic terminal for the CNX flight.

To the left of this transfer/immigration section is an elevator to the next floor.
Take the elevator up, turn left and the spa is at the far end, opposite the FIRST lounge.

&pm -11pm is very busy, my experience for the "head and shoulders" is 15-30min wait. They normally get you a cup of ginger tea and place you in the waiting area.

It is doable, sometimes there are security officers at the bottom of the elevators and you will need to chat your way through. After DPS, you should be massaged out and you have to leave room for CNX, they are a dime a dozen up there, you enjoy your holiday, if you are not familar with BKK and have any sort of carry on, personally, I would put it in the too hard basket, regards bkkrop
Old Mar 20, 2010, 2:47 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
What's the deal when arriving on domestic C and continuing on international PE? Can I access the SPA in this situation?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
No entitlement, as Spa requires departure in C (or F). I doubt you would be allowed even if you tried asking.

Buy a C or F ticket if you want to utilise this facility...
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

Buy a C or F ticket if you want to utilise this facility...
Or better yet, redeem miles for C or F !
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:24 am

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Same question, but need more clarification.

I'm flying to BKK by KE C and transit to HKT by TG C domestic. I believe I have to get a BKK-HKT ticket at Bangkok (e.g. transfer counter), even if my baggage can go to HKT directly. In this case, is there any clever way to access to Royal Silk Spa and Lounge??
Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by OneWorldTraveller
Same question, but need more clarification.

I'm flying to BKK by KE C and transit to HKT by TG C domestic. I believe I have to get a BKK-HKT ticket at Bangkok (e.g. transfer counter), even if my baggage can go to HKT directly. In this case, is there any clever way to access to Royal Silk Spa and Lounge??
you have no access to spa.

you can use the domestic thai lounge.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:24 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Even if you accessed the international departures area, you are not entitled to the Spa Lounge with a domestic TG C boarding pass. I tried this last year, and just when they were about to book a massage, the attendant realized it was a domestic boarding pass and informed me that the rules are that only international TG C/F boarding passes entitle the passenger to the Spa Lounge.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Hour-long full thai massages and foot massages cost 200 baht in CNX, some places charging 150. Not sure if it's worth the hassle when they're so plentiful when you arrive.

On another note, I love the red truck taxi system in CNX. 20 baht to anywhere in the city!
Old Sep 6, 2012, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by redrobster

On another note, I love the red truck taxi system in CNX. 20 baht to anywhere in the city!
They can often be great but you always have the chance of going in a roundabout fashion while people are picked up and dropped off.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by redrobster
Hour-long full thai massages and foot massages cost 200 baht in CNX, some places charging 150. Not sure if it's worth the hassle when they're so plentiful when you arrive.

most thai cities have similar systems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.