Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Royal First Class Lounge and Royal Orchid Spa information and access.

Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Direct copy of the first post by @pogonation.
Thought with the number of FCL and Spa questions littering this board it might be worth making a sticky with all the available information and also provide a place for members to ask their questions. Please let me know if you think it is a good idea and please let me know if any of the information I have included is wrong or if you feel anything else needs to be added.

Thai Airways Royal First Class Lounge

Link to webpage: FCL
Link to pictures courtesy of lounge guide.net: FCL pictures

Royal First Lounge at Concourse D, Level 3 - 1,400 sq.m. has been allocated for Royal First Class passengers with the capacity to accommodate 134 passengers at one time.

Opening hours: 05:00 am. – 01:00 am.

Facilities:
• 2 VIP Rooms
• 6 Private Corners
• 22 Seated A-la-Carte Dining Room
• Wi-fi Internet Corner with 4 PCs
• Slumber Rooms
• Shower Suites
• Toilets with Wheelchair Accessible
• TG First Class Check-in Facility
• Smoking lounge

Lounge access rules:

Departures in TG or *A F from BKK = FCL access

TG F Arrival connecting to international TG C/Y = FCL access

TG F Arrival connecting to *A C = No FCL access

TG F arrival connecting to domestic TG C = officially no FCL access, however some people have been granted access in this situation.

*A F arrival connecting to TG C or *A C = no FCL access

1 guest is allowed when departing in TG F or *A F

Q: If arriving in TG F and departing in TG C the following day, will I get access to the F lounge?

A: Offically the answer is no as you need a same day ticket, however some people have been granted access in this situation. So very much a YMMV situation.

Q: If arriving in TG F and staying in BKK, is it possible to use the TG F lounge as an arrivals lounge?

A: Unfortunately this is not allowed, although exceptions have been made before. So officially it's not allowed, but there is no harm in asking.

Thai Airways Royal Orchid Spa

Link to webpage: Spa

Royal Orchid Spa at Concourse D, level 3 – 667 sq.m. is primarily designed to serve Royal First and Royal Silk Class passengers with full ranges of spa services.

Opening hours: 06:00 am. – 11:30 pm.

General Facilities:
• 32 Seated Lounge Area
• Healthy Snack
• Hot/Cold Herbal Drink

First Class Zone Facilities:
• 3 Touch Of Silk Suites (Body Massage)
• 6 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners
• 2 Steam Rooms
• 2 Sauna Rooms
• 4 Shower Rooms
• Toilets

Silk Class Zone Facility:
• 8 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners

Treatment Menu:

Touch Of Silk Massage (Full body oil massage - 60 minutes for First Class only) – Ler's start your journey with a relaxing Touch of Silk full body oil massage. Delivered with the unique 'Thai touch', this massage will help to prepare your body for your onward flight by increasing blood circulation as well as relieving muscular tension and helping to provide the necessary hydration for your skin. On leaving the massage you will be left with an overall sense of well-being and total relaxation.

Neck & Shoulder Massage (30 minutes) – This is a great massage for passengers who are stressed, work at the computer too much or don't relax well. Neck and shoulder problems from routine activities are among the most common area for massage therapists to address. Using specific techniques the therapist will work to loosen tight muscles around the neck and shoulders whilst simultaneously assessing how much tension is held in the body and how best to release it. You will board your flight feeling more relaxed and a little lighter on the shoulders.

Relaxing Hand Massage (30 minutes) – Are your hands tired from all that clicking, driving, messaging and typing? If so, how about offering them a break and giving them a massage they truly deserve? By massaging the major channels/meridians of the arms and reflex points in the hands, this deep hand massage is designed to thoroughly release tension that accumulates in the hands and arms from our daily tasks. finishing with warm towels for both arms encourage muscle relaxation; this treatment can help to deliver a total sense of relaxation.

Relaxing Foot Massage (30 minutes) – Let's help prepare your feet for your onward journey, by taking the weight of them and giving them a relaxing massage that they truly deserve. Foot massage is a well-known relaxation therapy to help take care of tired feet. With the gentle touch of the therapists' hands, a sense of overall relaxation is induced. Deeper pressure by the fingers will help to stimulate your vital organs.

Spa access rules:

TG F departure = F spa access

*A F departures = No spa access

TG C departures = C spa access

*A C departures = No spa access

TG F arrival connecting to TG C = C spa access, however some people have been offered F spa access in this scenario

No guest are allowed regardless of class of travel

Q: Is it possible to book the spa treatment in advance?

A: No. You can book at First class check-in, at the FCL or the Spa itself - they will indicate the approx waiting time if more than a few minutes.

I have had some PMs from newer members who are confused by some of the abbreviations on this post. If you need help understanding them, FT has a great tool for looking up their meanings in the FT glossary.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Yes, all quite true and my experience is the same. However there is (or used to be) an official system. Of course, not consistently adhered to.

The RGTS (Royal Thai General System) per the linked 'decree' from Government web: http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DA...2/D/037/11.PDF

Of course, when I studied Thai for a few months, the school (AUA) offered a different system.... this IS Thailand after all
interesting!
now I remember this...a bit difficult for Englisch speaking people but make sense for people with other western languages as mother tongue…
I myself use pretty much this one
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by nrgetik
Did they really close the FCL smoking room? Anybody has first hand experience?
Answering my own question. Yes. The smoking room in the FCL is closed.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by nrgetik
Answering my own question. Yes. The smoking room in the FCL is closed.
Thanks for the data point

So no where to go now except enter Thailand and smoke outside the terminal?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Thanks for the data point

So no where to go now except enter Thailand and smoke outside the terminal?
exactly!

next is no alcoholic beverages in the FCL on certain religious holidays and on election days...
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
exactly!

next is no alcoholic beverages in the FCL on certain religious holidays and on election days...
Don't give them any ideas!
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:45 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
It sounds like these massages reported here are all what I call "pressure" massages when muscles are kneaded, often with oil or cream. What about a traditional Thai massage, which I call a "stretching" massage? Can you get a traditional Thai massage in the lounge?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by 1984SW
It sounds like these massages reported here are all what I call "pressure" massages when muscles are kneaded, often with oil or cream. What about a traditional Thai massage, which I call a "stretching" massage? Can you get a traditional Thai massage in the lounge?
isn't a traditional Thai massage not a combination between pressing and stretching? well I am not an expert...
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:39 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
isn't a traditional Thai massage not a combination between pressing and stretching? well I am not an expert...
Yes, but far more stretching than a non-Thai massage.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:34 am

Transiting then exiting

Hi, I have a question I haven't been able to find the answer to.

Thinking of doing SYD-BKK in TG F, arriving at around 4pm, with a 15ish hour layover, leaving again in TG F the next morning.

Am I able to transit upon arrival, use the lounge for a few hours then exit to a landside hotel and come back the next morning? Or is it once you've transited and are in the lounge/gate area you can no longer access immigration to exit?

Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:31 am

possible if you have only carry on or bags checked through
you will be picked up by ground staff at the gate; tell them that you want to stay in transit and she will bring you to transit security and into F lounge
later you tell the lounge staff that you would like to go airside and they will bring you to Immigration fast track
the next morning you go directy through TG fast track behind F/J check in
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:41 pm

Perfect. Just wasn't sure whether we could get through immigration to go landside once we'd gone through transit security back up to the lounge/gate area. Thank you!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyg0
Perfect. Just wasn't sure whether we could get through immigration to go landside once we'd gone through transit security back up to the lounge/gate area. Thank you!
Assuming you have the proper Passport and/or Visa, you can always go landside in virtually any airport, assuming you have the time.

I am not suggesting it would be easy, but I don't think I have heard a story where - given enough time - you can't change your mind and go landside.

The real question is why would you want to do this? 15 hours in enough time to go to the city, grab a massage and a nice dinner, as well as some good sleep. (And/or a night out and less sleep)
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Global321
The real question is why would you want to do this? 15 hours in enough time to go to the city, grab a massage and a nice dinner, as well as some good sleep. (And/or a night out and less sleep)
Because I want to experience the lounge fully, and with a 7.30am flight the next morning I wouldn't have enough time if I exited straight away. No doubt you'd be aware quite a few people in these forums travel specifically to experience an airline's product both in the air and on the ground, and would rather spend time in a lounge than a few hours in a city. Not all, but some
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Global321
Maybe he try to get two times massage...one after arrival and the other the next morning before Departure
this will not be possible as boarding passes are marked with a stamp by the spa
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:15 pm

Maybe he try to get two times massage...one after arrival and the other the next morning before Departure
this will not be possible as boarding passes are marked with a stamp by the spa
No, incorrect. I wouldn't have time for any spa service the next morning, and even if I did I wouldn't try get another treatment. The point of my question was just to ask whether I could leave the airport after going through transit security, which has been answered. Thanks all!
BinSabai likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.