Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Royal First Class Lounge and Royal Orchid Spa information and access.

Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Direct copy of the first post by @pogonation.
Thought with the number of FCL and Spa questions littering this board it might be worth making a sticky with all the available information and also provide a place for members to ask their questions. Please let me know if you think it is a good idea and please let me know if any of the information I have included is wrong or if you feel anything else needs to be added.

Thai Airways Royal First Class Lounge

Link to webpage: FCL
Link to pictures courtesy of lounge guide.net: FCL pictures

Royal First Lounge at Concourse D, Level 3 - 1,400 sq.m. has been allocated for Royal First Class passengers with the capacity to accommodate 134 passengers at one time.

Opening hours: 05:00 am. 01:00 am.

Facilities:
2 VIP Rooms
6 Private Corners
22 Seated A-la-Carte Dining Room
Wi-fi Internet Corner with 4 PCs
Slumber Rooms
Shower Suites
Toilets with Wheelchair Accessible
TG First Class Check-in Facility
Smoking lounge

Lounge access rules:

Departures in TG or *A F from BKK = FCL access

TG F Arrival connecting to international TG C/Y = FCL access

TG F Arrival connecting to *A C = No FCL access

TG F arrival connecting to domestic TG C = officially no FCL access, however some people have been granted access in this situation.

*A F arrival connecting to TG C or *A C = no FCL access

1 guest is allowed when departing in TG F or *A F

Q: If arriving in TG F and departing in TG C the following day, will I get access to the F lounge?

A: Offically the answer is no as you need a same day ticket, however some people have been granted access in this situation. So very much a YMMV situation.

Q: If arriving in TG F and staying in BKK, is it possible to use the TG F lounge as an arrivals lounge?

A: Unfortunately this is not allowed, although exceptions have been made before. So officially it's not allowed, but there is no harm in asking.

Thai Airways Royal Orchid Spa

Link to webpage: Spa

Royal Orchid Spa at Concourse D, level 3 667 sq.m. is primarily designed to serve Royal First and Royal Silk Class passengers with full ranges of spa services.

Opening hours: 06:00 am. 11:30 pm.

General Facilities:
32 Seated Lounge Area
Healthy Snack
Hot/Cold Herbal Drink

First Class Zone Facilities:
3 Touch Of Silk Suites (Body Massage)
6 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners
2 Steam Rooms
2 Sauna Rooms
4 Shower Rooms
Toilets

Silk Class Zone Facility:
8 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners

Treatment Menu:

Touch Of Silk Massage (Full body oil massage - 60 minutes for First Class only) Ler's start your journey with a relaxing Touch of Silk full body oil massage. Delivered with the unique 'Thai touch', this massage will help to prepare your body for your onward flight by increasing blood circulation as well as relieving muscular tension and helping to provide the necessary hydration for your skin. On leaving the massage you will be left with an overall sense of well-being and total relaxation.

Neck & Shoulder Massage (30 minutes) This is a great massage for passengers who are stressed, work at the computer too much or don't relax well. Neck and shoulder problems from routine activities are among the most common area for massage therapists to address. Using specific techniques the therapist will work to loosen tight muscles around the neck and shoulders whilst simultaneously assessing how much tension is held in the body and how best to release it. You will board your flight feeling more relaxed and a little lighter on the shoulders.

Relaxing Hand Massage (30 minutes) Are your hands tired from all that clicking, driving, messaging and typing? If so, how about offering them a break and giving them a massage they truly deserve? By massaging the major channels/meridians of the arms and reflex points in the hands, this deep hand massage is designed to thoroughly release tension that accumulates in the hands and arms from our daily tasks. finishing with warm towels for both arms encourage muscle relaxation; this treatment can help to deliver a total sense of relaxation.

Relaxing Foot Massage (30 minutes) Let's help prepare your feet for your onward journey, by taking the weight of them and giving them a relaxing massage that they truly deserve. Foot massage is a well-known relaxation therapy to help take care of tired feet. With the gentle touch of the therapists' hands, a sense of overall relaxation is induced. Deeper pressure by the fingers will help to stimulate your vital organs.

Spa access rules:

TG F departure = F spa access

*A F departures = No spa access

TG C departures = C spa access

*A C departures = No spa access

TG F arrival connecting to TG C = C spa access, however some people have been offered F spa access in this scenario

No guest are allowed regardless of class of travel

Q: Is it possible to book the spa treatment in advance?

A: No. You can book at First class check-in, at the FCL or the Spa itself - they will indicate the approx waiting time if more than a few minutes.

I have had some PMs from newer members who are confused by some of the abbreviations on this post. If you need help understanding them, FT has a great tool for looking up their meanings in the FT glossary.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by cedricgerald
Quick question : there is only one TG SPA shared by both C & F pax, only difference is one hour massage for F and 30 mns for C, is that correct ?
F passengers can also go for the 30 minutes massage; there is a separate section
also separated waiting lounges/rooms for F and C
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by oberhammert
So we're flying FRA-BKK-HKT with a 3.40hrs connection time in BKK.

Last time the Assistant wasn't helpful in getting us into the F-Lounge, trying to convince us it is "just behind immigration" :roll eyes:

This time we'd like to try it by ourselves

When the buggy-ride from gate is done instead of going through immigration we make our way up the escalator mumbling "transfer-desk" and random international destinations if asked about tickets. - is that right?

When it's time to go to our domestic boarding gate - how do we get downstairs again? I think last time i saw going-down-only-escalators?

Thanks for your help!
You've read my posts!

That's surely the way to get to the 3rd floor... the F lounge staff have the final say in terms of entry.

When you want to head back to the immi area to access the domestic departure concourses simply leave the lounge, turn left and, just shy of the information desk/transfer security, turn right down the 'hallway' and take the escalator down to the 2nd floor.

If you haven't already done it pick up your BP at the dom transfer desk which is on the 2nd floor there (unlike the int desk which is on the 3rd floor) and go through immigration into the domestic A/B concourses.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
You've read my posts!
Tried to do my homework ;-)

That's surely the way to get to the 3rd floor... the F lounge staff have the final say in terms of entry.

When you want to head back to the immi area to access the domestic departure concourses simply leave the lounge, turn left and, just shy of the information desk/transfer security, turn right down the 'hallway' and take the escalator down to the 2nd floor.

If you haven't already done it pick up your BP at the dom transfer desk which is on the 2nd floor there (unlike the int desk which is on the 3rd floor) and go through immigration into the domestic A/B concourses.
Thank you so much for that information!
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by oberhammert

When the buggy-ride from gate is done instead of going through immigration we make our way up the escalator mumbling "transfer-desk" and random international destinations if asked about tickets. - is that right?
if your flights are all on one ticket the buggy driver will probably know you are flying to HKT and not some 'random international destination'

however you could say that you have agreed to meet friends at the escalator to the international transit point and would like to be dropped off there. Then make your own way up.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
if your flights are all on one ticket the buggy driver will probably know you are flying to HKT and not some 'random international destination'

however you could say that you have agreed to meet friends at the escalator to the international transit point and would like to be dropped off there. Then make your own way up.
But there's no need to engage the buggy driver or accept their services once you get to the transfer immi area. To be on the safe side one could simply not acknowledge the buggy driver when disembarking the plane instead taking the travelator.... Very easy if getting a gate in C concourse.

I'd definitely NOT engage the dom transfer desk prior to accessing the up escalator since it's too proximal and staff could try to intercede and point you toward immigration (thinking you're making a mistake by trying to head upstairs).
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I have the impression that lately the dragons at the escalator got a bit tougher.
Last time, after I jumped the queue at the escalator she demanded to see my boarding pass...I showed it to her 2 seconds and she demanded to read it...unfortunately at this moment I already was on the way up...told her in her language that for this job she needs to be able to read faster
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
I have the impression that lately the dragons at the escalator got a bit tougher.
Last time, after I jumped the queue at the escalator she demanded to see my boarding pass...I showed it to her 2 seconds and she demanded to read it...unfortunately at this moment I already was on the way up...told her in her language that for this job she needs to be able to read faster
If this is dragon-wide then it's unfortunate.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:07 am
Koc

Is there a dedicated F security or fast tracks for F pax? Will arrive in TG F and reconnect to international TG C on tuesday.

Last time arriving in TG F I didnt get a pickup and walked from gate to F lounge, went through the regular security, didnt see any lanes for fast track...
Old Mar 2, 2014, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Koc
Is there a dedicated F security or fast tracks for F pax? Will arrive in TG F and reconnect to international TG C on tuesday.

Last time arriving in TG F I didnt get a pickup and walked from gate to F lounge, went through the regular security, didnt see any lanes for fast track...
If making a connection then no, there's no dedicated C/F lane for transfer security.

Were you the only one in F? Bus gate? It's rather hard to believe they forgot about you....
Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:56 am
Koc

If making a connection then no, there's no dedicated C/F lane for transfer security.

Were you the only one in F? Bus gate? It's rather hard to believe they forgot about you....
About ten pax in F. Was actually a bit anoying since I first walked to the smaller F lounge in the other end of the terminal, by mistake.

Heard later that they sometimes struggles with capacity during the morning rush?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Koc
About ten pax in F. Was actually a bit anoying since I first walked to the smaller F lounge in the other end of the terminal, by mistake.

Heard later that they sometimes struggles with capacity during the morning rush?
Smaller F Lounge at the other end of the terminal? Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure there is only 1 F lounge in Bangkok run by Thai Airways so not sure what you are talking about here.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:38 pm
Koc

Originally Posted by travelislife
Smaller F Lounge at the other end of the terminal? Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure there is only 1 F lounge in Bangkok run by Thai Airways so not sure what you are talking about here.
Concourse E

http://www.thaiairways.co.nz/vwm/upl...for-TG-Web.jpg
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Koc
There you go! Learn something new every day. Don't think I have ever seen it mentioned on here before, is it similar to the main one with food ordering etc.?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL PM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by travelislife
There you go! Learn something new every day. Don't think I have ever seen it mentioned on here before, is it similar to the main one with food ordering etc.?
Just a separate section of one of the J lounges. Pretty minimalistic, but usually very private.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I'm looking at booking 3F seats, but since TG never seems to release more than 2 to award space, I am likely going to book 2F+1C. I would be forced to book my 3-year-old into F, and my wife (or myself) into C.

Of course, we'd all have access to the FCL in this scenario, but could anyone comment on whether the wife can avail herself of the spa services, since the child would obviously not, or would they go by the boarding passes only?

Last time we went, the child was under 2, so no such problems :\

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.