Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Royal First Class Lounge and Royal Orchid Spa information and access.

Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Direct copy of the first post by @pogonation.
Thought with the number of FCL and Spa questions littering this board it might be worth making a sticky with all the available information and also provide a place for members to ask their questions. Please let me know if you think it is a good idea and please let me know if any of the information I have included is wrong or if you feel anything else needs to be added.

Thai Airways Royal First Class Lounge

Link to webpage: FCL
Link to pictures courtesy of lounge guide.net: FCL pictures

Royal First Lounge at Concourse D, Level 3 - 1,400 sq.m. has been allocated for Royal First Class passengers with the capacity to accommodate 134 passengers at one time.

Opening hours: 05:00 am. – 01:00 am.

Facilities:
• 2 VIP Rooms
• 6 Private Corners
• 22 Seated A-la-Carte Dining Room
• Wi-fi Internet Corner with 4 PCs
• Slumber Rooms
• Shower Suites
• Toilets with Wheelchair Accessible
• TG First Class Check-in Facility
• Smoking lounge

Lounge access rules:

Departures in TG or *A F from BKK = FCL access

TG F Arrival connecting to international TG C/Y = FCL access

TG F Arrival connecting to *A C = No FCL access

TG F arrival connecting to domestic TG C = officially no FCL access, however some people have been granted access in this situation.

*A F arrival connecting to TG C or *A C = no FCL access

1 guest is allowed when departing in TG F or *A F

Q: If arriving in TG F and departing in TG C the following day, will I get access to the F lounge?

A: Offically the answer is no as you need a same day ticket, however some people have been granted access in this situation. So very much a YMMV situation.

Q: If arriving in TG F and staying in BKK, is it possible to use the TG F lounge as an arrivals lounge?

A: Unfortunately this is not allowed, although exceptions have been made before. So officially it's not allowed, but there is no harm in asking.

Thai Airways Royal Orchid Spa

Link to webpage: Spa

Royal Orchid Spa at Concourse D, level 3 – 667 sq.m. is primarily designed to serve Royal First and Royal Silk Class passengers with full ranges of spa services.

Opening hours: 06:00 am. – 11:30 pm.

General Facilities:
• 32 Seated Lounge Area
• Healthy Snack
• Hot/Cold Herbal Drink

First Class Zone Facilities:
• 3 Touch Of Silk Suites (Body Massage)
• 6 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners
• 2 Steam Rooms
• 2 Sauna Rooms
• 4 Shower Rooms
• Toilets

Silk Class Zone Facility:
• 8 Neck & Shoulder or Relaxing Foot Massage Corners

Treatment Menu:

Touch Of Silk Massage (Full body oil massage - 60 minutes for First Class only) – Ler's start your journey with a relaxing Touch of Silk full body oil massage. Delivered with the unique 'Thai touch', this massage will help to prepare your body for your onward flight by increasing blood circulation as well as relieving muscular tension and helping to provide the necessary hydration for your skin. On leaving the massage you will be left with an overall sense of well-being and total relaxation.

Neck & Shoulder Massage (30 minutes) – This is a great massage for passengers who are stressed, work at the computer too much or don't relax well. Neck and shoulder problems from routine activities are among the most common area for massage therapists to address. Using specific techniques the therapist will work to loosen tight muscles around the neck and shoulders whilst simultaneously assessing how much tension is held in the body and how best to release it. You will board your flight feeling more relaxed and a little lighter on the shoulders.

Relaxing Hand Massage (30 minutes) – Are your hands tired from all that clicking, driving, messaging and typing? If so, how about offering them a break and giving them a massage they truly deserve? By massaging the major channels/meridians of the arms and reflex points in the hands, this deep hand massage is designed to thoroughly release tension that accumulates in the hands and arms from our daily tasks. finishing with warm towels for both arms encourage muscle relaxation; this treatment can help to deliver a total sense of relaxation.

Relaxing Foot Massage (30 minutes) – Let's help prepare your feet for your onward journey, by taking the weight of them and giving them a relaxing massage that they truly deserve. Foot massage is a well-known relaxation therapy to help take care of tired feet. With the gentle touch of the therapists' hands, a sense of overall relaxation is induced. Deeper pressure by the fingers will help to stimulate your vital organs.

Spa access rules:

TG F departure = F spa access

*A F departures = No spa access

TG C departures = C spa access

*A C departures = No spa access

TG F arrival connecting to TG C = C spa access, however some people have been offered F spa access in this scenario

No guest are allowed regardless of class of travel

Q: Is it possible to book the spa treatment in advance?

A: No. You can book at First class check-in, at the FCL or the Spa itself - they will indicate the approx waiting time if more than a few minutes.

I have had some PMs from newer members who are confused by some of the abbreviations on this post. If you need help understanding them, FT has a great tool for looking up their meanings in the FT glossary.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris63
There was full service in the F area of Prestige, i was in LXF & was given one of the Private rooms, Food Menu & Beverages are enhanced, Moet Champagne.
Is the spa open? Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 54austin
Is the spa open? Thanks.
As has been reported many times, including in this thread - no the spa is gone and unlikely to reopen.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
As has been reported many times, including in this thread - no the spa is gone and unlikely to reopen.
Thanks for your response! I ask because it is (or was until v recently) still featured on their website.
Global321 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by 54austin
Is the spa open? Thanks.
No, it’a still closed
Old Sep 23, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
There was full service in the F area of Prestige, i was in LXF & was given one of the Private rooms, Food Menu & Beverages are enhanced, Moet Champagne.
I found the food menu rather poor...a far cry from the past...a lot of stuff from CP...beverage menu was ok except the choice (as no choice) of white wine...
Old Sep 23, 2022, 11:03 am

here the main area of F section in the TG prestige lounge....

Old Sep 23, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
I found the food menu rather poor...a far cry from the past...a lot of stuff from CP...beverage menu was ok except the choice (as no choice) of white wine...
Sure, it’s not back to the Glory days of TG FCL but a significant step up from what they have been offering & lets face fact, they are Bankrupt & in “rehabilitation”……
BinSabai likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Well there were four choices of red wine! 😊
BinSabai likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Sure, it’s not back to the Glory days of TG FCL but a significant step up from what they have been offering & lets face fact, they are Bankrupt & in “rehabilitation”……
And the ex FCL is now a Coral Lounge so let us be thankful for what we have and hope for an improvement (which may be gradual). BTW as I walked two the gate in Concourse C a couple of weeks ago the ex TG lounge on the right hand side had a sign stating that it will be a Coral Lounge.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Well there were four choices of red wine! 😊
Yes ! How very Thai
Old Mar 5, 2024, 2:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Thai BKK FCL Private Room

I'm connecting from KIX on TG 623 to TG 910 bound for LHR. Met at the D gate and walked (no buggy) to the E gate security then walked back to the Thai Lounge at the C/D intersection. Greeted and welcomed into the F section. Offered food, beverage, peaberry welcome drink etc. I asked for use of a private room since I have a long 8 1/2 hour layover. The staff immediately said all the rooms are already reserved. I politely mentioned I will be here for over 8 hours and would like to know if I could use the private room later. She nodded and went back to check; came back 10 seconds later and guided me to a private room bigger than my little brother's NYC apartment. I was not aware that "Reservations" could be made for these rooms and have the impression that they are instructed to tell passengers the rooms are already reserved for whatever reason, but gladly provide them if available when asked to check.

Anyway, glad to be here and the flight from Osaka was great in every way; crew, food, beverage, etc.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Thai-Kiwi, SKT-DK and BinSabai like this.

Last edited by cyborg; Mar 5, 2024 at 2:03 am Reason: Flight number typo
Old Mar 5, 2024, 4:05 am

Thai BKK Prestige Louge Bar

The bartentender here at the BKK Thai Prestige Lounge knows how to make a proper dry martini

Cheers,

-Cyborg
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by cyborg
The bartentender here at the BKK Thai Prestige Lounge knows how to make a proper dry martini

Cheers,

-Cyborg
and some more drinks, such as local creations

the food in the F section improved a lot. In the beginning they just had CP food like the processed food you warm up in 7-11...
Thai-Kiwi and cyborg like this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:08 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by cyborg
I'm connecting from KIX on TG 623 to TG 910 bound for LHR. Met at the D gate and walked (no buggy) to the E gate security then walked back to the Thai Lounge at the C/D intersection. Greeted and welcomed into the F section. Offered food, beverage, peaberry welcome drink etc. I asked for use of a private room since I have a long 8 1/2 hour layover. The staff immediately said all the rooms are already reserved. I politely mentioned I will be here for over 8 hours and would like to know if I could use the private room later. She nodded and went back to check; came back 10 seconds later and guided me to a private room bigger than my little brother's NYC apartment. I was not aware that "Reservations" could be made for these rooms and have the impression that they are instructed to tell passengers the rooms are already reserved for whatever reason, but gladly provide them if available when asked to check.

Anyway, glad to be here and the flight from Osaka was great in every way; crew, food, beverage, etc.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
In my experience using the FC lounge at least once a month for years the private rooms are always 'reserved', which means not reserved if one asks. Usually I use a private room when with family such as regularly on the 08:00 to Narita when the FC lounge is quiet apart from the noise of passengers one level down.
cyborg and BinSabai like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by maerim
Usually I use a private room when with family such as regularly on the 08:00 to Narita when the FC lounge is quiet apart from the noise of passengers one level down.
Yeah, I definately noticed that noise; couldn't tell where it was coming from. Reminded me of staying in a suite overlooking the spanish steps with the kitchenette facing the alley with the metro entrance. I bet if you record both and play them side by side you couldn't tell the difference...

Cheers,

-Cyborg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.