Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 First Class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
777 First Class

Has anyone flown on first class on Thai Airways TG677 on the 777-300ER from NRT to BKK or TG607 on the 747-400 from HKG to BKK.

How are these flights first class accommodations and would you recommend one or the other or are they about equal, if you would please describe your experience too that would be appreciated.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 3:44 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
I've only flown TG676 - which is the BKK outbound of TG677. I recently did an extensive trip using F on the TG 747 and 77W, F on LH A-380, F on NH 773, and J on the SQ A-380. (I had already done the EK A-380 a long time ago).

I've almost come to the conclusion that I enjoyed the TG Suites on the 77W better than the seats on the other aircraft. I really, really like the privacy of the TG/JET 77W vs. the other Suites/Pods. The food in F, however, on TG was another story... it seems that it has really gone downhill.

Keep in mind, too, that HKG-BKK is only two hours and eight minutes... hardly any time at all to enjoy the ride, regardless of the equipment scheduled.

Last edited by tvl4free; Feb 3, 2012 at 4:21 pm
Old Feb 3, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I flew TG677 in F a couple weeks ago. The seat really was great and comfortable, the food was average, and the service was average. It was a full multi-course meal. One thing that was a little strange was that I drinking champagne through the meal, but when I asked for more the FA would come back with the bottle of white wine and was trying to get me to have that. I had to reiterate I wanted champagne. This happened about 3 times, so it was getting a little bit annoying. My perception may also have been a little skewed since I had just arrived in NH F and was blown away by their food and service.

I've never done TG607, but I would agree that's it's a little short to fully enjoy the experience.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Thank you for the information.
Does anyone know if the business class on flight TG640 which is a 747-200 have lay flat seats or are the old style that only recline a few degrees?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 4:19 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by Youngmiler
Thank you for the information.
Does anyone know if the business class on flight TG640 which is a 747-200 have lay flat seats or are the old style that only recline a few degrees?
TG doesn't operate any 747-200s. I'm guessing you're referring to type "7442" which is a 747-400 with older cabin config.

These business class seats on the 7442 are horrendous. They are much closer to a premium econ seat than a business class seat and recline nowhere near flat - they're the old style seats to which you refer. Avoid if possible.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: LX SEN
I'm not sure wheter I should choose LX or TG for my up-coming First trip to BKK. Do you recommand LX A343 F or the TG 77W (9W) F (FRA-BKK)?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by alinghi90
I'm not sure wheter I should choose LX or TG for my up-coming First trip to BKK. Do you recommand LX A343 F or the TG 77W (9W) F (FRA-BKK)?
If the 77W F was guaranteed I would say that but the chances of an aircraft swap make that risky. I'd take LX for the better service, better food and more than acceptable F product.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by *A Flyer
If the 77W F was guaranteed I would say that but the chances of an aircraft swap make that risky. I'd take LX for the better service, better food and more than acceptable F product.
In Jan. and Feb. I flew both LX and TG. The 77W has a great seat/suite, but we ran out of all first class champagne, and better F fines in the first 3 hours. Then the entertainment system failed and the bathroom flooded into the cabin. Just lots of confusion. It was always something going on with the TG flights. The two LX first flights were perfect.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by BF263533
Then the entertainment system failed and the bathroom flooded into the cabin.
Perhaps the overflowing bathroom is the actual cabin entertainment...

But really, I find it really horrifying.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 1:39 pm

Took TG677 in F about a month ago. I certainly enjoyed the exclusiveness of the suite cabin in F, which was a new experience for me. Catering certainly leaves some room for improvement (both 677 and 600), but generally speaking service was attentive and adequate.

Your HKG flight is a short one so don't expect too much. Catering can be good sometimes... or really bad (as I had it), but certainly better than flying business class

There is a frequent aircraft swapt on HKG route (old vs. new 744s), but the flight is short enough that even on old F, it should be a comfortable flight. I do highly recommend trying the 77W F on your NRT-BKK.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Here is a detail trip report I just did on TG677 and TG600

TG 677 in F NRT-BKK (Part 1: seat and amenities)
TG 677 in F NRT-BKK (Part 2: cabin and food)
TG 677 in F NRT-BKK (Part 3: cabin and amenity kits)

TG 600 in F BKK-HKG (Part 1: seat and amenities)
TG 600 in F BKK-HKG (Part 2: food and cabin)

And my entire trip

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-outbound.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.