Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day Room in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by dsquared37
There are myriad decent options near the airport with free transpo that will run 800 to 1000 THB. For the Louis Tavern rooms 2400+ is the starting rate for 4hours for 1 person. More people equals a higher rate. And it jumps quickly.

If time is short then I agree heading out and back is a waste of time. But if time is short how much sleep will you get anyway?
We had a 6 hour layer over and actually had 5 hours of great sleep - definitely well worth it, actually... I find it hard to sleep on planes, so the rest was most welcomed, and well worth cost IMHO.

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by dsquared37
There are myriad decent options near the airport with free transpo that will run 800 to 1000 THB. For the Louis Tavern rooms 2400+ is the starting rate for 4hours for 1 person. More people equals a higher rate. And it jumps quickly.
When I checked last year for some people who asked for my advice on transiting there, it was the same price for 1 or 2 people, but then jumped up for 3 or more. But regardless, if you have to pay the 700 THB tax, it is per person, so the increased price is offset by that. If you have a group of 3 or more and don't need to pay the 700 THB tax, then you can definitely find a hotel room outside the airport for cheaper.

I personally don't see any scenario myself where I would stay there again, simply due to a matter of principle. I feel that the rooms are a ripoff, given the prices they are charging and I don't want to support such practices, even if it makes sense from a practical point of view. But I can see it being practical for some people, such as Airgroovin' who don't want the hassle of leaving the airport and the time involved.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 5:08 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
I spent 12 hours in the Louis Tavern Dayroom hotel today. I had a horrible connection (long story) and TG paid for the room so I did not have much alternative. However, I must say that the Louis Tavern is just fine. Nothing special but I had some hours of sleep and did some hours of work (500 bath for 6 hours of internet) so I can not really complain. I would use this option again if get in the same situation and that also goes for a self-paid trip. The hassle of leaving the airport does not sound interessting to me.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Report of Stay

A quick update on my stay at the Great Residence Inn. All in all pretty much what I expected from the pictures on their website and the ones from Magnus.

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/bangkok/greatresidence/

Very efficient airport transfer at 6AM – no issues with check in – staff was friendly enough. Room was comfortable and overall pretty clean. Bathroom was basic but good enough for a refreshing shower. Water pressure was good, not great – hot water was adequate but if you like hot water that will make the whole bathroom steam up you are out of luck.

I managed to walk up to 7-even, about a 7min walk. At 13:30 most of the restaurants on the way were still closed as I think they only open at 17:00 but stay open till past midnight. (this I gather from the signs but not 100% sure). There were a few places open if you needed to get something but in general most were closed.

I ate at the onsite restaurant. 150THB rice and basil chicken 2 cans of pop. Food was tasty and portions seem adequate for the price.

Hung out on the pool deck for a while, managed to put my feet in the pool, water seemed like a comfortable temperature if you wanted a swim to get away form the humidity.

All in all for 850 + 34 THB – not a bag choice if you need a few hours sleep, a shower and a decent meal.

I will need a day room in a week and will be using the Great Residence Inn again. Asked about making a reservation for my next stay and was told by the check out staff it is cheaper to us the internet booking site.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by BHIL
I spent 12 hours in the Louis Tavern Dayroom hotel today. I had a horrible connection (long story) and TG paid for the room so I did not have much alternative. However, I must say that the Louis Tavern is just fine. Nothing special but I had some hours of sleep and did some hours of work (500 bath for 6 hours of internet) so I can not really complain. I would use this option again if get in the same situation and that also goes for a self-paid trip. The hassle of leaving the airport does not sound interessting to me.
+1^

I am with you all the way on this one...!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Oct 23, 2013, 11:44 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by concol
A quick update on my stay at the Great Residence Inn. All in all pretty much what I expected from the pictures on their website and the ones from Magnus.

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/bangkok/greatresidence/

Very efficient airport transfer at 6AM – no issues with check in – staff was friendly enough. Room was comfortable and overall pretty clean. Bathroom was basic but good enough for a refreshing shower. Water pressure was good, not great – hot water was adequate but if you like hot water that will make the whole bathroom steam up you are out of luck.

I managed to walk up to 7-even, about a 7min walk. At 13:30 most of the restaurants on the way were still closed as I think they only open at 17:00 but stay open till past midnight. (this I gather from the signs but not 100% sure). There were a few places open if you needed to get something but in general most were closed.

I ate at the onsite restaurant. 150THB rice and basil chicken 2 cans of pop. Food was tasty and portions seem adequate for the price.

Hung out on the pool deck for a while, managed to put my feet in the pool, water seemed like a comfortable temperature if you wanted a swim to get away form the humidity.

All in all for 850 + 34 THB – not a bag choice if you need a few hours sleep, a shower and a decent meal.

I will need a day room in a week and will be using the Great Residence Inn again. Asked about making a reservation for my next stay and was told by the check out staff it is cheaper to us the internet booking site.

Thanks for leaving the feedback. I'll get a day room for my upcoming trip as well. I get in around 6:50 AM and depart at 11:30 PM. I have lounge access too but I like the idea of catching some sleep after a red eye flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.